Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 21:35 Quote

That sounds like an amazingly epic day. The scenery is incredible.

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 13:56 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
Saturday - Best hero dirt in a couple years for me, Pike National Forest, missing link reverse loop,6,000 vert up and down, 60 miles 6.5 hours with long 3 hour plus initial climb then alpine traversing and some long super rowdy fast tech downhill with last descent being an hour of non stop hauling ass... Stanton is feeling more dialed then ever and dirt was f*cking amazing , downhill riding was rowdier then ever...was super stoked on that oneBig Grin

Today, I rode a trail system in Buena Vista I haven't ridden before, was super tired from yesterday but ended up riding 3 hours of xc with endless boulder/ rock tech punchy and twisty turny. Lots and lots of tech but no long down hills.

Then just some picks from last weeks hikes around the neighborhood

You suck. Punch Mark!!

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 19:20 Quote
I dont know man , he's a lot bigger than me.

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 10:29 Quote
He's a big baby. Do eet!!

Posted: Aug 3, 2022 at 19:04 Quote
Feeling pretty blessed lately with many great rides , its less than a 15 minute drive to Woodland Park where the temps were around 70 Fahrenheit today and trails super grippy, I put together a 40 mile single track spur and loop by connecting a few areas together with only 3 miles of dirt road ending with a great descent back to my car and got it all done just before the storms broke loose..

Probably a month or less post Covid infection, Ive been pushing through a lot of hard rides since I tested negative still feeling the post covid crud, Today maybe first time feeling close to back to normal... My smell is not completely back yet but a lot better... The good or bad thing is that I cant tell if I stink or not..Confused

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 7:14 Quote
Got the DH bike out for the first time in two years... gawd damn its fun...

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 12:29 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Got the DH bike out for the first time in two years... gawd damn its fun...

Looks rippin'!

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 14:53 Quote
Headed out to Flat Rock Ranch this morning out in Comfort TX.

Lotta rocky climbing and smooth singletrack descending.
Got a bit of rain yesterday so it settled the dust down nicely and made for a good ride.

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 23:40 Quote
Attempted to ride the Aiguille de la Grande Sassiere this sunday with my brother (3751m, at the border between Savoie, in France and the Aosta valley, in Italy).
1500m of elevation gain (95% of carrying the bike on our backs on the way up).
Unfortunately, the rain from friday made the trails very wet and slippery on the upper part, and the Schist rocks on the trail crumbles easily. So we decided to play it safe, and left the bikes 200m under the summit and hiked to the top.
In the end, we have mixed feelings about this course: even in perfect conditions, the very top part is ridable at 60% at the most. We are not sure it was worth driving 2 hours for a morning ride like this but on the other hand, the scenery was incredible: riding along a glacier is always a cool experience (no pun intended).
We saw an english couple during our descent, also carrying their bike. I wonder if they made it to the top.

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 23:49 Quote
I would drive 2 hours for that adventure and surroundings.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 2:59 Quote
I’d be happy to paraglide back down.

Incredible

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 6:04 Quote
I bet a very small percentage of, "mountain bikers" get to experience biking in the mountains like that! Big Grin

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 6:12 Quote
Earlier this summer near *edit* not near Park City but Uinta near Salt Lake. Park City was not that impressive and full of yuppies Fab .

and then here Moab

Utah has a great variety of riding conditions!

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017373
Mobile Version of Website