Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 6:26 Quote
Absolutely stunning
First pic is so magical it could be a Bob Ross painting

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 7:24 Quote
all these rides look like a blast. love the scenery.
:thumbsup:

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 7:27 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
I bet a very small percentage of, "mountain bikers" get to experience biking in the mountains like that! Big Grin

Not me man, I'll send you guys some pictures from the "mountains" of Ohio Rolleyes

Wink

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 8:10 Quote
jurassicrider wrote:
Absolutely stunning
First pic is so magical it could be a Bob Ross painting

Your pics made me want to share, great view on that last pic. Climbing 2000 meters is "ballllz" but the view and the alpine air makes it all worth it. The downhill is also tup

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 12:06 Quote
Brown Pow lap today, although it was not so brown powish......I think I prefer it wet, rooty and snotty rather than dry and blown out! 4 miles UP (2,000' elevation gain), 2 miles DOWN. Big Grin

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 23:45 Quote
Went on family holiday in Denmark and Sweden this year. No riding in Denmark, but Sweden was nice. Took off early one morning with the rest of them still fast asleep. Tried to find and ride a trail I found the entry of two days before. Did not work out as planned, but made it back in time regardless. Old bike because it was easiest to fit the MacRide to.

MacRide action:

2yo son repeatedly told me that he liked the woods we rode through.

Also surprisingly, the 5yo daughter was mostly OK with riding 18km a day twice in a row. It took some arguing and lots of sweets, but all hope is not lost, I guess.

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 4:06 Quote
Last weekend I checked off a trail I have seen on trailforks for years. Odd one in a very hot area that we’re typically only there on day trips with the kids. But Wife and I got a weekend away for our anniversary without kids so I had a bit of time. Chelan Butte DH trail. I didn’t think much of it as its not one you hear about, but knew the views would be spectacular of Lake Chelan and the Columbia river. Climb was pretty...continuous...about 3K feet in maybe 6 miles but literally always pointed up with some grueling pitches at the end of long inclines. The trail itself ended up blowing away my expectations. Steep, loose and eroded in very sketchy places. Extremely fast trail. Put the Unit to the test and could definitely use a new set of pads after that one. Very fun.

Psychedelic Wolf in the wild...Columbia River in the background

Looking down the trail drops left and follows the ridge before plummeting.

Looking up the first section.

Lake Chelan from the climb

Plateau view close to the top

Maybe half way down Columbia River view

Moar lake

Pics from broken phone don’t do it justice.

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 6:01 Quote
Looks pretty awesome Ster! Love that part of the State, but I don't get there nearly enough. Your pictures help get me motivated to plan ahead a bit.

Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 15:52 Quote
Yep , awesome looking location, Looks like another very arid area in PNW...Is it dryer than normal there now ? almost looks like what winter time looks like on the lower front range..

Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 15:59 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Went on family holiday in Denmark and Sweden this year. No riding in Denmark, but Sweden was nice. Took off early one morning with the rest of them still fast asleep. Tried to find and ride a trail I found the entry of two days before. Did not work out as planned, but made it back in time regardless. Old bike because it was easiest to fit the MacRide to.

[

2yo son repeatedly told me that he liked the woods we rode through.

Also surprisingly, the 5yo daughter was mostly OK with riding 18km a day twice in a row. It took some arguing and lots of sweets, but all hope is not lost, I guess.

Its sometime difficult to find the best rides when visiting new places for sure.

Sounds like you have your son and daughter on the right track, your boy is soon to be hooked on riding bikes in the woods.Salute

Must be a lot of interesting history in these regions

These old bike parts laying around are pretty rad.

Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 16:10 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
Brown Pow lap today, although it was not so brown powish......I think I prefer it wet, rooty and snotty rather than dry and blown out! 4 miles UP (2,000' elevation gain), 2 miles DOWN. Big Grin

I think i prefer the moisture as well, we are still in an abnormally long stretch of monsoon weather, longest stretch of continuous hero dirt that I can remember, Been lucky to have done a lot of riding lately with out getting caught in severe thunder storms...

Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 18:43 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
Yep , awesome looking location, Looks like another very arid area in PNW...Is it dryer than normal there now ? almost looks like what winter time looks like on the lower front range..

So Washington is interesting in that the west side of the cascades is rainforest and the east side is high desert. I dig the east

Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 20:26 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Slackerdude wrote:

So Washington is interesting in that the west side of the cascades is rainforest and the east side is high desert. I dig the east

I dig Washington… politics aside.

Posted: Aug 21, 2022 at 9:39 Quote
Dont get me started on that lol

Posted: Aug 21, 2022 at 13:22 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Dont get me started on that lol

Life is to short to include politics.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022912
Mobile Version of Website