Bike Trainer Stands

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 15, 2014 at 20:13 Quote
What are some of the better ones, I've heard that some are very noisy I'm trying to get something for my wife and if it's noisy I know she won't use it she isn't getting enough seat time during the week please help.

Or is a stationary bike the best option

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2014 at 22:49 Quote
Fastfish11 wrote:
What are some of the better ones, I've heard that some are very noisy I'm trying to get something for my wife and if it's noisy I know she won't use it she isn't getting enough seat time during the week please help.

Or is a stationary bike the best option

they're all noisy. Kurt Kinetic trainers are pretty highly regarded. I would go down to your local bike shop and see what they have so you can see and hear them for yourself.

A stationary bike doesn't have the same feel (you aren't in the same body position).

Working out on an indoor trainer is mind numbingly boring. I highly recommend the sufferfest videos. http://thesufferfest.com. If you combine that with http://www.trainerroad.com it makes it a whole lot more interesting, and the workouts are much more targeted and meaningful.

Posted: Sep 20, 2014 at 0:48 Quote
It doesn't have to be that noisy. If you're upstairs in an apartment then you might confuse/annoy your neighbors but if you're on a concrete slab in the garage then it's usually no problem - assuming that you run a slick tire.

If you leave your knobblies on then it'll make your ears bleed. Wink

I have a Blackburn stand, old wheel with a 20 year old Tioga slick on it and hook it up to trainerroad.com in the garage with a couple of ANT+ transmitters and my wife doesn't even notice when I'm training. I can watch TV without having to turn the volume up significantly more than normal if I pop a dusting of baby powder on the back tire.

Posted: Jul 16, 2017 at 14:17 Quote
Hi, can you recommend anything which I can use with my Norco Sight 2016 as bike trainer stand?

Posted: Jul 16, 2017 at 14:24 Quote
Hi, can you recommend anything which I can use with my Norco Sight 2016 as bike trainer stand?

Posted: Oct 28, 2017 at 2:08 Quote
Kurt Kinetic Road Machine. If you have a 142x12 or 148x12 (boost) rear axle, you will need to get a special skewer, but they are awesome trainers.

i have one of the Road Machines. The only reason I would have to update it is to go to one of the so-called Smart Trainers. In that case I would stick with the KK version.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009768
Mobile Version of Website