Commencal Meta AM V4 - anyone test ride it already?

PB Forum :: Commencal
Commencal Meta AM V4 - anyone test ride it already?
O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2016 at 10:52 Quote
IMO unnecessary, you'll see when you ride it.

Posted: Jun 11, 2016 at 11:53 Quote
Albatrosse wrote:
My meta AM red gets here monday, so stoked!

Gonna be riding it as is for a bit, but I'm really considering getting a 1 degree angleset to bring it to a 65 degree headangle. Has anyone here experimented with this? From looking at the geometry online I feel like the extra degree will make it that much more of a savage on the downhills but without riding it its really hard to say.

66 is with a 150 fork with 160 its more like 65.5 so agree that it is really not needed.

Posted: Jun 11, 2016 at 13:00 Quote
Albatrosse wrote:

Gonna be riding it as is for a bit, but I'm really considering getting a 1 degree angleset to bring it to a 65 degree headangle. Has anyone here experimented with this? From looking at the geometry online I feel like the extra degree will make it that much more of a savage on the downhills but without riding it its really hard to say.

It's not necessary

Posted: Jun 11, 2016 at 13:00 Quote
Albatrosse wrote:

Unless you ride some steep shit I'd say you are good , what stem length ?

Posted: Jun 11, 2016 at 17:12 Quote
r1k5ter wrote:
Albatrosse wrote:

66 is with a 150 fork with 160 its more like 65.5 so agree that it is really not needed.

aah didnt know the measurements were with the 150mm fork, good to know

Posted: Jun 13, 2016 at 12:55 Quote
So I have been feeling a little cramped on the size M (5'9") lately so I bumped the stem up for 50 mm to 60 mm. I have to say it feels perfect and I was skeptical about going with a longer stem. Everthing body position uphill/downhill handling etc. Give it a try if you ride is feeling a bit to small

Posted: Jun 14, 2016 at 14:58 Quote
You can also buy a different seat with slightly longer rails which would give the extra room but wouldn't change the thingimagig ( you no what I mean ) !

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2016 at 21:07 Quote
What is the difference between the xc frame and the all mtn. I saw the vital write up and it never was clear to me.

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 4:03 Quote
sinatorj wrote:
What is the difference between the xc frame and the all mtn. I saw the vital write up and it never was clear to me.

AM frame has more travel

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 4:30 Quote
...ok, other than the obvious. Different rocker, shock stroke, etc

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 4:35 Quote
sinatorj wrote:

haha I think they're pretty similar as far linkage set up and such, just the trail version has less travel.

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 8:34 Quote
ctmtb98 wrote:
sinatorj wrote:

haha I think they're pretty similar as far linkage set up and such, just the trail version has less travel.
Very diffrent geometry also

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 11:52 Quote
jonokonko wrote:
ctmtb98 wrote:
sinatorj wrote:

Very diffrent geometry also

Exactly

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 13:15 Quote
will the öhlins stx 22 air fit the meta v4 frame? anybody try it or seen a bike with öhlins?

Posted: Jun 18, 2016 at 5:10 Quote
I've had the AM v4. Race since about April this year.Quite new to mtb, but coming from years of moto x.
I'm really pleased with it.Can't compare to others as Ive not ride much.My only complaint..Bearings... BB are rumbling already..Dont use power hose just garden hose to wash down.The downside of British weather maybe. But had to replace rear wheel bearings and trying to locate BB bearings any where in the UK in stock is tricky..
But saying that..
Fun bike to ride.
Enjoy guy's

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011986
Mobile Version of Website