Commencal Meta AM V4 - anyone test ride it already?

PB Forum :: Commencal
Commencal Meta AM V4 - anyone test ride it already?
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 18, 2016 at 10:07 Quote
This bike totally blew away my expectations - for reference this is my first non-DH bike in a long time

Kept up with my buddy on a hardtail through an absolutely brutal/steep 2 hour climb. It had been a long time since I biked last, so I was riding open brakes (super excited) but taking the absolute worst possible lines at speed through some rough rock gardens. The bike just plowed through everything with ease. With the longer wheelbase and chainstays it honestly felt better than my 2013 demo at speeds, and the move from the downhill bike to the meta was way less of a compromise than I expected.

I demoed a few smaller travel trailbikes like the norco sight before pulling the trigger on the meta am v4. Feeling really good about that, because I barely notice a difference on the climbs and feel way better on steep/gnarly descents. Excited to see how it jumps now Big Grin

Posted: Jun 18, 2016 at 11:59 Quote
Albatrosse wrote:
This bike totally blew away my expectations - for reference this is my first non-DH bike in a long time

Kept up with my buddy on a hardtail through an absolutely brutal/steep 2 hour climb. It had been a long time since I biked last, so I was riding open brakes (super excited) but taking the absolute worst possible lines at speed through some rough rock gardens. The bike just plowed through everything with ease. With the longer wheelbase and chainstays it honestly felt better than my 2013 demo at speeds, and the move from the downhill bike to the meta was way less of a compromise than I expected.

I demoed a few smaller travel trailbikes like the norco sight before pulling the trigger on the meta am v4. Feeling really good about that, because I barely notice a difference on the climbs and feel way better on steep/gnarly descents. Excited to see how it jumps now Big Grin

It jumps amazing as well. I felt the same way when I took mine to the bike park.

Posted: Jun 18, 2016 at 13:23 Quote
Johnsnow wrote:
I've had the AM v4. Race since about April this year.Quite new to mtb, but coming from years of moto x.
I'm really pleased with it.Can't compare to others as Ive not ride much.My only complaint..Bearings... BB are rumbling already..Dont use power hose just garden hose to wash down.The downside of British weather maybe. But had to replace rear wheel bearings and trying to locate BB bearings any where in the UK in stock is tricky..
But saying that..
Fun bike to ride.
Enjoy guy's

If you're after BB92 bearings the Hope PF41 should fit

Posted: Aug 1, 2016 at 6:34 Quote
Seen at the EWS in Aspen : Meta V4 2017
Featuring : boost, metric and two-piece toptube (instead of Three), and new paint
article in french : http://www.vojomag.com/spyshot-un-nouveau-commencal-meta-am-v4-2017-en-vue/

Posted: Aug 1, 2016 at 9:46 Quote
Whipperman wrote:
Featuring : boost, metric and two-piece toptube (instead of Three), and new paint
article in french : http://www.vojomag.com/spyshot-un-nouveau-commencal-meta-am-v4-2017-en-vue/

Yup, nope. lol

JK, graphics are vastly improved. Could care less about the rest..

Posted: Aug 1, 2016 at 11:56 Quote
PhoS wrote:
Whipperman wrote:

Yup, nope. lol

JK, graphics are vastly improved. Could care less about the rest..

if it aint broke dont fix it!

been absolutely beating the crap out of mine lately through rock gardens at our very rough bikepark here, its a beast!

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022936
Mobile Version of Website