Ragley Owners Thread - Pictures, Videos, Blah Blah

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Ragley Owners Thread - Pictures, Videos, Blah Blah
Posted: Oct 13, 2014 at 19:51 Quote
love your garden sterling, and really sexy ragley

Posted: Oct 13, 2014 at 19:55 Quote
CRChris wrote:

Thanks...though you may not like it so much if you had to shape 50+ shrubs...Smile at least its only once or twice a year.,The house we rent was inhabited by a single woman for 50 years and she shaped a Japanese garden herself into her 90's. I don't have the heart to let her hard work go to pot so I keep after them.

Posted: Oct 13, 2014 at 19:59 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
CRChris wrote:

Thanks...though you may not like it so much if you had to shape 50+ shrubs...Smile at least its only once or twice a year.,The house we rent was inhabited by a single woman for 50 years and she shaped a Japanese garden herself into her 90's. I don't have the heart to let her hard work go to pot so I keep after them.
ohh that is cool, yeah not like wasting that! I love to admire it, is a hard work to maintain, thats why I hate bushes, here they are almost every month to be cut

Posted: Oct 13, 2014 at 20:02 Quote
CRChris wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
CRChris wrote:

ohh that is cool, yeah not like wasting that! I love to admire it, is a hard work to maintain, thats why I hate bushes, here they are almost every month to be cut

The damn ones out front look like fancy poodles and take me an hour and a half each 3 of them...I don't know how she managed to do it, I can hardly walk after those ones my back hurts so bad!

Posted: Oct 13, 2014 at 20:04 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
CRChris wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

The damn ones out front look like fancy poodles and take me an hour and a half each 3 of them...I don't know how she managed to do it, I can hardly walk after those ones my back hurts so bad!
damn thats a lot of work! but looks so peaceful

Posted: Oct 13, 2014 at 20:28 Quote
CRChris wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
CRChris wrote:

damn thats a lot of work! but looks so peaceful

it is nice

Posted: Oct 14, 2014 at 13:35 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
photo

photo

EXCELLENT FORK CHOICE!

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 22:14 Quote
Hi guys, i just got a medium 2013 Marley frame, waiting for it next week to start building it with my old Komodo parts.

Here's some of the setup:

-Rockshox Sektor rl fork
-Mavic en 321 rims on Dmr revolver hubs
-Kenda Nevegal 2.35 tires
-SLX 2x cranks
-Avid elixir 3 brakes
-Sram x7 rear derailleur
-Race face Diablo stem 60mm
-720 mm truvativ bars
-Sram X5 shifters
-Syncross seatpost

Its a budget build as parts are hard and expensive to find where i live. What you think?

I also have a technical question, can i re install the headset from my old komodo on the new frame? Both bikes have the same headtube size but i'm wondering if this can be done, will the headset be damaged or unusable after removing it from the old frame?

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 23:15 Quote
Will probably need a headset removal tool to remove the old headset. If it is the correct size headset then of course you can use the old one and then you have to try and fit the headset to the new frame, you really need a headset press to fit it properly.
You can do it without the correct tools but I really wouldn't recommend it.

You can make a headset removal tool from a piece of pipe and a headset press can be made cheaply with a long threaded bolt, nuts and washers.

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 2:14 Quote
http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/TOJWHSP/jobsworth-headset-frame-cup-press

This headset press is a bargain for £25, its virtually the same as the Park Tool one I paid £60 for!.

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 4:35 Quote
BARAVNZLA wrote:
Hi guys, i just got a medium 2013 Marley frame, waiting for it next week to start building it with my old Komodo parts.

Here's some of the setup:

-Rockshox Sektor rl fork
-Mavic en 321 rims on Dmr revolver hubs
-Kenda Nevegal 2.35 tires
-SLX 2x cranks
-Avid elixir 3 brakes
-Sram x7 rear derailleur
-Race face Diablo stem 60mm
-720 mm truvativ bars
-Sram X5 shifters
-Syncross seatpost

Its a budget build as parts are hard and expensive to find where i live. What you think?

I also have a technical question, can i re install the headset from my old komodo on the new frame? Both bikes have the same headtube size but i'm wondering if this can be done, will the headset be damaged or unusable after removing it from the old frame?
Awesome bike you will be stoked!

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 6:45 Quote
Well i was doing some more deep research and found out i'm wrong with the headset size, the jamis has a 1,5" headtube with 1,1/8 reducer headset (this bike industry "standards" are really annoying sometimes) and the Marley is 44mm, so i'm in the market for a new headset, been looking for a couple of cane creek but don't know if this bike/fork can take a zero stack headset.

Any advice?

Found this one

http://m.jensonusa.com/Headsets/Cane-Creek-40-ZS44-1-18-Short-Headset

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 7:29 Quote
I used the es(external stack) but I'm pretty sure you can use a zero stack on it, just make the bike a bit more steep.

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 9:48 Quote
BARAVNZLA wrote:
Well i was doing some more deep research and found out i'm wrong with the headset size, the jamis has a 1,5" headtube with 1,1/8 reducer headset (this bike industry "standards" are really annoying sometimes) and the Marley is 44mm, so i'm in the market for a new headset, been looking for a couple of cane creek but don't know if this bike/fork can take a zero stack headset.

Any advice?

Found this one

http://m.jensonusa.com/Headsets/Cane-Creek-40-ZS44-1-18-Short-Headset
The marley can use almost every headset

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 at 21:13 Quote
Finally finished building the Marley. Took it for a short ride yesterday... Good climber, still need to try it a bit more pointing down but feels pretty good.

photo

photo

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019481
Mobile Version of Website