Ragley Owners Thread - Pictures, Videos, Blah Blah

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Ragley Owners Thread - Pictures, Videos, Blah Blah
Posted: Nov 17, 2018 at 14:01 Quote
Photos

Finally figured out how to upload photos here. Planning on a matte black paint job for the frame soon.

BTW, anyone running a large size 2017 frame and considering a single speed set-up, 32-18 is a magic gear.

Posted: Nov 25, 2018 at 4:25 Quote
I'm curious af what Ragley will bring up next. I guess geos are quite dialled through their models so maybe only little tweaks, maybe new models (aside BigAl)... not going to get rid of my Marley and Bigwig but just curious to see what will come next.

Besides, also Last hasn't anounced a new version of the FFW yet, a frame I considered back then, too.

Posted: Nov 27, 2018 at 8:17 Quote
I emailed CRC back in October asking the status of Ragley and the customer rep told me that Ragley is currently working on frames/bikes and hoping to release in 2019. He also said that the range will mirror previous years with a few tweaks; but there is no schedule for release

Posted: Nov 27, 2018 at 8:34 Quote
Dsmontes wrote:
I emailed CRC back in October asking the status of Ragley and the customer rep told me that Ragley is currently working on frames/bikes and hoping to release in 2019. He also said that the range will mirror previous years with a few tweaks; but there is no schedule for release

Thanks Dsmontes, that's what I hoped. New frames for 2020 (3 year cycle). Might have to hold off on the paint job and buy a new frame insteadSmile

Posted: Nov 27, 2018 at 9:01 Quote
tremeer023 wrote:
Dsmontes wrote:

Thanks Dsmontes, that's what I hoped. New frames for 2020 (3 year cycle). Might have to hold off on the paint job and buy a new frame insteadSmile
I was thinking of painting my piglet while I wait frame for the next release of frames. My have to try a 29er next.

Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 20:37 Quote
They announced to be back in 11 days on Insta

Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 23:02 Quote
PatrickScar wrote:

Can't wait! Their lips have been sealed super tight since last year, and I was stoked when I finally got word that they had a release date!

If anybody in North America is wanting to grab a frame or bike, I'll have lots in stock Beer

Posted: Jan 17, 2019 at 9:39 Quote
PatrickScar wrote:

Good spot - bit sooner than I was expecting. Can't wait to see what tweaks they've made.

Posted: Jan 17, 2019 at 10:29 Quote
Mister-Lost-Bike-Shop wrote:
PatrickScar wrote:

Can't wait! Their lips have been sealed super tight since last year, and I was stoked when I finally got word that they had a release date!

If anybody in North America is wanting to grab a frame or bike, I'll have lots in stock Beer

I really think it will only be minor tweaks to geo, alloy version of the BigWig, and possibly another model. No hope for a full sus, but I don't think that was ever part of their plan. Still saving for a Starling Murmur Cool

Posted: Jan 17, 2019 at 22:51 Quote
@Cam: I can personally recommend a Cotic RocketMax if that could be an alternative for you. Supreme handling, progressiveness and stiffness

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 at 6:00 Quote
PatrickScar wrote:
@Cam: I can personally recommend a Cotic RocketMax if that could be an alternative for you. Supreme handling, progressiveness and stiffness

I actually spent quite a bit of time bouncing between the new FlareMax and the Murmur. I wanna keep it around 140mm travel because I live in such a mild area. Not a lot of crazy descending. They come in around the same price point, so it's something to consider.

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 at 6:41 Quote
CamShreds wrote:
Mister-Lost-Bike-Shop wrote:
PatrickScar wrote:

I really think it will only be minor tweaks to geo, alloy version of the BigWig, and possibly another model. No hope for a full sus, but I don't think that was ever part of their plan. Still saving for a Starling Murmur Cool

Back in 2011 they had a fs think it was called the ten four never made it to production or I would have bought one for sure.

Posted: Jan 19, 2019 at 1:29 Quote
PatrickScar wrote:

Good they are back, just a shame about the thousands of potential lost customers who bought NS Eccentrics instead as they got fed up waiting to be able to buy a Ragley.

Posted: Jan 19, 2019 at 1:51 Quote
StevieJB wrote:
PatrickScar wrote:

Good they are back, just a shame about the thousands of potential lost customers who bought NS Eccentrics instead as they got fed up waiting to be able to buy a Ragley.

Yeh it's quite a crowded market, lot of choice out there these days (which is great for us). I was looking at the new Identiti AKA but very interested to see how the new Ragleys compare.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012627
Mobile Version of Website