Ragley Owners Thread - Pictures, Videos, Blah Blah

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Ragley Owners Thread - Pictures, Videos, Blah Blah
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 6:30 Quote
I can't decide between a marley frame or an mmmbop. Does anyone out there have both?

I ride mainly xc/trail but sometimes have to climb 8 to 10 km fire roads to get to some epic descents and thought maybe the mmmbop might be a bit too slack and have too much travel to make the climbing bearable.

The marley seems like it would suit me better but I just can't make my mind up. Any thoughts?

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 11:00 Quote
clarewilli wrote:
I can't decide between a marley frame or an mmmbop. Does anyone out there have both?

I ride mainly xc/trail but sometimes have to climb 8 to 10 km fire roads to get to some epic descents and thought maybe the mmmbop might be a bit too slack and have too much travel to make the climbing bearable.

The marley seems like it would suit me better but I just can't make my mind up. Any thoughts?

I haven't ridden the Marley but have the previous Mmmbop which has similar geometry to the latest version. I think you are right in your assumptions and would expect the Marley to be a better climber and all-rounder. The Mmmbop will be better for steeper descending though so you can either suffer a bit on the climbs and enjoy the downhill more or have easier climbs but a bit more tentative descender.

I'm thinking of changing mine to something with a slightly steeper head angle actually for a better all-rounder. Maybe a Santa Cruz chameleon.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 1:33 Quote
tremeer023 wrote:
clarewilli wrote:
I can't decide between a marley frame or an mmmbop. Does anyone out there have both?

I ride mainly xc/trail but sometimes have to climb 8 to 10 km fire roads to get to some epic descents and thought maybe the mmmbop might be a bit too slack and have too much travel to make the climbing bearable.

The marley seems like it would suit me better but I just can't make my mind up. Any thoughts?

I haven't ridden the Marley but have the previous Mmmbop which has similar geometry to the latest version. I think you are right in your assumptions and would expect the Marley to be a better climber and all-rounder. The Mmmbop will be better for steeper descending though so you can either suffer a bit on the climbs and enjoy the downhill more or have easier climbs but a bit more tentative descender.

I'm thinking of changing mine to something with a slightly steeper head angle actually for a better all-rounder. Maybe a Santa Cruz chameleon.

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 16:04 Quote
I have a 2017 Blue Pig and the rear axle (bolt on) backs out pretty regularly. Like I need to tighten it multiple times per ride. Has anyone else had a similar issue. Or better yet a solution? Thanks!

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
CovertSD wrote:
I have a 2017 Blue Pig and the rear axle (bolt on) backs out pretty regularly. Like I need to tighten it multiple times per ride. Has anyone else had a similar issue. Or better yet a solution? Thanks!

I would try some blue loctite? No had that my 2016 blue pig.

Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 3:57 Quote
Anyone had any issues with mech hangers? I've gone through 1-2 on my Piglet every season. They just Snap off while riding.

Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 6:02 Quote
No issue when I had my mmmbop, if anyone wants a mmmbop hanger set my spares I had are on eBay 142mm

Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 7:35 Quote
My 2014 piglet hangers are like spaghetti, always having to straighten them out. Always bring a spare with me on long rides just in case.

Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 17:27 Quote
Jono25 wrote:
CovertSD wrote:
I have a 2017 Blue Pig and the rear axle (bolt on) backs out pretty regularly. Like I need to tighten it multiple times per ride. Has anyone else had a similar issue. Or better yet a solution? Thanks!

I would try some blue loctite? No had that my 2016 blue pig.

Will do- thanks!

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010469
Mobile Version of Website