Rear shock issue...Specialized strikes again

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Rear shock issue...Specialized strikes again
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 25, 2014 at 10:07 Quote
I have an older FSR XC Comp with an Xfusion/Specialized Proprietary BS sized rear shock...

Shock Stroke: 40.6mm (1.6”)
Eye to Eye: 177.8mm (7.0”)

I cannot find another shock in that size. I am seeing several 6.5" x 1.5" and 7.5" x 2". What should I do? Can I go 1/2" longer or is there some sort of adapter/bracket I don't know about that will take that 1/2" gap?

I know, I know, I should get a new ride but in college and need my con law book more...

Any help is much appreciated!

JB

Posted: Dec 1, 2014 at 14:01 Quote
Fox float will work it can be shortened with spacers to fit your frame. cheap ..... not so much

Posted: Dec 10, 2014 at 7:40 Quote
I used to have a 2008 Specialized FSR XC with the proprietary X-Fusion 02RC rear shock. Early on, I blew out the shock to where it was all bob and no dampening, luckily that was still during the warranty period so it was sent off to X-fusion and repaired. Then later in its life, 2012 or so, the shock noticeably started lacking in performance and was simply in need of service. I too questioned whether I should buy an aftermarket shock or not. Instead, I sent it in to Shockspital http://shockspital.com/ and about 2 weeks later it came back feeling almost as good as new for only a little over $100. They were great to work with and did a great job on the shock.

As long as there is no irreversible damage to your shock due to lack of servicing or some other major issue, I bet a your shock just needs to be professionally serviced. It probably isn't worth your time or money to look for, buy, and fit a new shock on that bike.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008453
Mobile Version of Website