Finally got the 4.2 built up

none

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 12:21 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
Finally got the 4.2 built up

none
oooosh, that is dam right sexy Drool Drool

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 6:48 Quote
Looks like it has such a steep head angle? Nose manuals and G-turns? ????

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 7:05 Quote
Can't manual for shit, whether it is a regular manual or nose manual lol

Haven't measured it but it should be at 63° (although I do not know if it's 63° at SAG or like it is on the picture).

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 12:00 Quote
Maybe it's the angle of the picture, or maybe I haven't kept up with the times xD
Sick ride either way

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 12:27 Quote
@Ploutre Can you feel a difference between the 4.1 and the 4.2?

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 12:40 Quote
The V4 was really undersized, the 4.2 is still a bit conservative but already better. I don't have enough feedback on it to know whether I should have gone for an XL frame or if the L is fine...

The rest is pretty much the same, the rubber gromets are still crap (they still pop out on their own), Not sure about the difference on the linkage, ..

Oh and the brushed finish looks awesome. The Meta I have on the side looks like shit next to the Supreme now lol

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 4:59 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
The V4 was really undersized, the 4.2 is still a bit conservative but already better. I don't have enough feedback on it to know whether I should have gone for an XL frame or if the L is fine...

The rest is pretty much the same, the rubber gromets are still crap (they still pop out on their own), Not sure about the difference on the linkage, ..

Oh and the brushed finish looks awesome. The Meta I have on the side looks like shit next to the Supreme now lol

How tall are you?

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 9:50 Quote
1.85m, with long legs

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 21:39 Quote
Man that raw finish is awesome and makes my yellow and black V4 die a little on the inside. Did they provide any tuning/setup suggestions on the X2? I replaced the Vivid on mine with one and Im struggling to get it to balance well, although it still is a stellar setup.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 1:23 Quote
They probably do give some advice, but I tend to do it by myself, over time.

I believe I have a pretty open setup for the compression (almost fully open for HSC, a bit more closed for the LSC), HSC rebound mid way, LSC "fast". And 250psi, haven't checked the spacers in the shock after it came back from warranty.

Do not hesitate to put more pressure than you would think, if you're looking for a more playful bike. You'll want to set up the bike to be a 200mm travel bike, with the extra 20mm as a backup in case of coming short Smile

This is roughly the setup I had on the V4 I had, and I started from there. So far so good, might add a bit more pressure to see how it goes (or open the shock and play with the volume spacers)

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 19:58 Quote
This sounds more or less where I am. I started with the recomended settings from Fox for the PSI I had in there. Opened both compression up a bit more along with the LSR and that was more or less good. Dropped 2 spacers out (mine came with all installed from the factory) and upped the PSI a little bit. Seems to be performing fairly well but I think there is room for improvement and im not sure if i should start again from scratch or wade into knob twisting hell.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 21:13 Quote
Does anybody know how to separate this link in the V4's suspension??

Posted: Mar 22, 2017 at 1:18 Quote
shmity wrote:
This sounds more or less where I am. I started with the recomended settings from Fox for the PSI I had in there. Opened both compression up a bit more along with the LSR and that was more or less good. Dropped 2 spacers out (mine came with all installed from the factory) and upped the PSI a little bit. Seems to be performing fairly well but I think there is room for improvement and im not sure if i should start again from scratch or wade into knob twisting hell.

If you note down your settings, and if you are patient enough, and if you have a suitable track nearby, might aswell start over from scratch. Worst case scenario, you get bored and you go back to the previous settings Smile

@newschooler completely undo both small screws, and the part in the middle with Commencal written on it is wedged into both sides of the rocker link. Soft mallet, soft ended rod or similar, and tap it out.

Posted: Mar 22, 2017 at 3:49 Quote
newschooler wrote:
Does anybody know how to separate this link in the V4's suspension??

im going to take a wild guess and say you need to remove the allen head bolt pictured

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.055547
Mobile Version of Website