Commencal Supreme DH thread

PB Forum :: Commencal
Commencal Supreme DH thread
Posted: Sep 9, 2017 at 0:01 Quote
Reignrob wrote:
Hi first time looking At buying a downhill bike. At 5ft9 would a large supreme v4.2 be ok for me. I have been looking at the reach and wheelbase figures on the medium frame and it has similar numbers to my medium enduro bike. I feel like my enduro bike comes up abit small and I could definitely size up on that. I have also road the medium meta v4 and that thing feels very short for me. Just wondering if commencal come up abit short on sizeing. Cheers

Interesting, I'm 5'10" and I have the meta v4 and the medium feels great and I also have the Supreme DH V4.2 and the large feels great. The medium meta is longer than the medium supreme V4.2 tho.

Love both bikes!

Posted: Sep 15, 2017 at 22:40 Quote
DH bikes are generally smaller in size than AM bikes I normally go a size up for DH, had a DHV3 in med and after a yr or so realized needed a large. but was still a awesome bike really chuckable and ate everything you pointed it at, bombproof Aswel had a few heavy landings at llangollen, 50 shades, stiniog rolled out intact every time

Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 4:38 Quote
New bike alert :

Here is my MY18 Supreme DH V4.2 black anodized. Gotta love the durability of anodized frames...

Supreme DH V4.2 black anodized 2018
Supreme DH V4.2 black anodized 2018

Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 8:55 Quote
Let me know if you also have that annoying vibration on the rear brake ... Annoying as fck, but I still loved that frame. Selling it to get a longer one ... I should have gone for an XL when I bought it Frown

Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 11:20 Quote
StevieJB wrote:
Got some more pics from racing my FR on the weekend

Black Run Race 2016 result 18 37 Masters 74 153 overall.

Aston Hill Black run race 2016 result 18 37 Masters 74 153 overall.

Selling if anyone's interested, kitted with Zee, will come with 2 sets of wheels original Commencal with DHFs and Superstar with Magic Mary's. PM if interested for full
Spec.

Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 13:57 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
Let me know if you also have that annoying vibration on the rear brake ... Annoying as fck, but I still loved that frame. Selling it to get a longer one ... I should have gone for an XL when I bought it Frown

Have you tried a Bontrager BzzzKill? Could be worth a try.

How tall are you?

Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 23:35 Quote
I've seen those on the Trek DH team bikes, but couldn't think of anything to hold the thing in place ... (and when I asked the local Trek dealer if he could order some, he looked at me like "wth are you high on" and said it was not available for order ...

And 1.85m, with extra long legs and arms.

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2017 at 4:53 Quote
New bike

Just got my new bike
Can't wait till i can take it out for a ride

Posted: Nov 3, 2017 at 12:36 Quote
Those of you with a V4 or V4.2 can you post what spring rate you are running and how much you weigh? Thanks

Posted: Nov 3, 2017 at 13:07 Quote
Couldn't find a spring stiff enough for my fat arse (110-115kg), so had to go to air. I would have most likely needed a 500-550 spring.

Went to air shock, still had to pump it up hard (270psi on a Float X2), but riding just fine Smile

Posted: Nov 3, 2017 at 14:10 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
Couldn't find a spring stiff enough for my fat arse (110-115kg), so had to go to air. I would have most likely needed a 500-550 spring.

Went to air shock, still had to pump it up hard (270psi on a Float X2), but riding just fine Smile

thanks pal, looking for some anecdotal experience close to my weight (80kgs)

Posted: Nov 3, 2017 at 14:18 Quote
the-argos wrote:

I would say a 400, which is what comes stock on Large sized V4/V4.2 and that's pretty bang on.

Posted: Nov 3, 2017 at 19:42 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
the-argos wrote:

I would say a 400, which is what comes stock on Large sized V4/V4.2 and that's pretty bang on.

Yep, Im between 80 and 85kg depending on how many beers I've drunk and when I still had the vivid on my V4 I had a 400lbs spring.

Posted: Nov 21, 2017 at 14:55 Quote
Has any one had Commencal send them a new bolt for their V4/V4.2 linkage? I just had one randomly turn up from the overseas store i bought my V4 frame from. Im impressed with the service for sure but hadn't heard of anyone complaining of the shock bolt on the linkage having issues.

Posted: Nov 22, 2017 at 4:10 Quote
Yes, I received them too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014642
Mobile Version of Website