Commencal Supreme DH thread

PB Forum :: Commencal
Commencal Supreme DH thread
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 14:00 Quote
I haven't measured it yet as I'm awaiting some parts to complete the bike.

I'd say I'm an average intermediate rider?

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 15:02 Quote
borlowski90 wrote:
I haven't measured it yet as I'm awaiting some parts to complete the bike.

I'd say I'm an average intermediate rider?

I'm not sure about which coil you need but the supreme requires less sag than usual. You want to aim for 23 to 27%. I'm at 25 and it's perfect.

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 6:16 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
I'm not sure about which coil you need but the supreme requires less sag than usual. You want to aim for 23 to 27%. I'm at 25 and it's perfect.

This. The Supreme has a fairly linear frame rate, so less sag is needed, especially with a coil shock. I'm around 25-26% as well, could maybe go up one more spring rate in a year's time.

Try the 400 first, and see what it gives you. You can have two different sag % of the same spring on different frames.

This spring calculator is decently accurate for someone who is an intermediate rider.
https://www.ridefox.com/fox_tech_center/owners_manuals/08/WCeng/Content/mtbspringratecalculator.html

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 9:19 Quote
Hi everyone! I am currently thinking of buying a new DH bike as I have outgrown my old one. The Supreme mullet is what I am leaning towards now. I am 173 cm and about 70kgs, so I think a size M should be just right, correct? I am quite a good rider (I rarely meet someone better than me riding outside of races), I spent the whole summer riding almost everyday here in the Alps so I am quite strong as well (can go much stiffer on my setting than before). I am looking for a bike that is fast first and foremost. Can you think of a reason why it would not be a good bike for me?

My only concern is that I will not be able to try it out - the new model will be out soon and I am affraid that if i don't order it soon I might have to wait a long time before getting it - and I dislocated a finger on Friday so I am out of riding for a few weeks.

Thanks,

Matt

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 11:37 Quote
matthromadka wrote:
Hi everyone! I am currently thinking of buying a new DH bike as I have outgrown my old one. The Supreme mullet is what I am leaning towards now. I am 173 cm and about 70kgs, so I think a size M should be just right, correct? I am quite a good rider (I rarely meet someone better than me riding outside of races), I spent the whole summer riding almost everyday here in the Alps so I am quite strong as well (can go much stiffer on my setting than before). I am looking for a bike that is fast first and foremost. Can you think of a reason why it would not be a good bike for me?

My only concern is that I will not be able to try it out - the new model will be out soon and I am affraid that if i don't order it soon I might have to wait a long time before getting it - and I dislocated a finger on Friday so I am out of riding for a few weeks.

Thanks,

Matt

I bought a supreme without trying it first. It's definitely a full on race bike and I have nothing bad to say about it. I honestly can't imagine another dh bike that would ride better than the supreme. It should be perfect for you. I am slightly shorter than you (168 cm) and went small. I am right in-between sizes and could ride both. I'd say you should go medium as the longer reach will be more stable for racing

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 13:48 Quote
Cool, thanks, I will give it a go. Did you have to wait a long time for yours to be delivered?

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 21:23 Quote
borlowski90 wrote:
Hey guys, I just snagged a 2018 supreme, looking for coil spring rate recommendations. Currently has a 400# SLS, I run a 400# on my rocky mountain altitude which is right about 27% sag.

I'm about 72-75kg kitted.

Surprisingly the 400# spring puts me right at 27% on the supreme also! Super stoked to go ride this machine next weekend at N*!

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 19:48 Quote
matthromadka wrote:
Cool, thanks, I will give it a go. Did you have to wait a long time for yours to be delivered?

Fortunately I live right by a commencal store so I bought it in person! I believe the supreme is currently sold out so not sure how long you would wait

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005435
Mobile Version of Website