Commencal Supreme DH thread

PB Forum :: Commencal
Commencal Supreme DH thread
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 12:01 Quote
rangerdanger69 wrote:
Has anybody had any bad experiences with the warranty? I found a ton of cracks in my frame and commencal is denying the warranty, however offering 10% off a new frame (which I can’t afford). I am the original owner, have proof of purchase, and the bike is within the warranty time frame. I would appreciate advice on what to do

Thanks

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Jd4UraFXf9C1yXKc6
^ pictures of cracks

I would notify them of your intent to pursue legal action with the attorney general’s office in Colorado. The AG’s office has a consumer protection unit that would provide you with the right information you need to pursue further action or they will pursue it for you. You might end up having to take them to small claims court if they don’t honor the warranty, but it sounds like you are 100% legally protected by the purchase contract and should be able to do this all on your own

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 18:41 Quote
rangerdanger69 wrote:
Has anybody had any bad experiences with the warranty? I found a ton of cracks in my frame and commencal is denying the warranty, however offering 10% off a new frame (which I can’t afford). I am the original owner, have proof of purchase, and the bike is within the warranty time frame. I would appreciate advice on what to do

Thanks

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Jd4UraFXf9C1yXKc6
^ pictures of cracks

Holy shit man! I've never seen that many cracks in a single frame ever. It seems like Commencal's QC and quality is going down in recent years. Hopefully they'll sort you out as in my view it's clearly a warranty issue. Good luck!

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 8:08 Quote
Watched AstonMTB's video then went into the garage to check my 2020 Supreme 27.
Found a crack in the BB area and another at the funny hole in the seatstay. Great stuff.

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 2:17 Quote
rallyimprezive wrote:
Watched AstonMTB's video then went into the garage to check my 2020 Supreme 27.
Found a crack in the BB area and another at the funny hole in the seatstay. Great stuff.

Ask for a warranty replacement, it worked for me. Told them I didnt ride much because of Covid and that the frame is known to crack.

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 7:52 Quote
Blablablup123 wrote:
rallyimprezive wrote:
Watched AstonMTB's video then went into the garage to check my 2020 Supreme 27.
Found a crack in the BB area and another at the funny hole in the seatstay. Great stuff.

Ask for a warranty replacement, it worked for me. Told them I didnt ride much because of Covid and that the frame is known to crack.

I did ask actually. Because I am the second owner I don’t have much recourse. They did offer me 10% off on a new frame which I think is more than fair. But because the new frames are mullet only I can’t really afford to buy the new frame, then add a new front wheel and new front fork.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 14:33 Quote
Okay im new to the tread and have a question that is a little weird.
Since i got a supreme v4. 4 for free(have 2 tiny hairline cracks near seattube/bb junction) and have a bunch of parts laying around.
Do you think that the 241x76 shock could work with the frame? I know the factory is 250x75.
I have no problem with lower travel, only thinking that smaller shock and longer stroke could screw the kinematics.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 15:54 Quote
glavonja wrote:
Okay im new to the tread and have a question that is a little weird.
Since i got a supreme v4. 4 for free(have 2 tiny hairline cracks near seattube/bb junction) and have a bunch of parts laying around.
Do you think that the 241x76 shock could work with the frame? I know the factory is 250x75.
I have no problem with lower travel, only thinking that smaller shock and longer stroke could screw the kinematics.

The rear end will sit lower because of the shorter overall shock. That will decrease the head angle, lower the BB, increase the wheelbase, and yes, impact suspension feel. Even if the stroke was the same, you'll be starting the suspension later in its travel but still moving it 205mm from its new starting point. Im not sure that you wouldn't have issues with the lower linkage hitting the frame near the BB.

finally, the cracks might get worse and cause injury...

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 0:33 Quote
Yes, those were my taughts also. But i was thinking somebody might tried it already or something... Wanted to put singlecrown fork on it and make it a park bike, but it seems that standard shock and double crown fork will go on it.
Thanks for the replay

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005568
Mobile Version of Website