Commencal Supreme DH thread

PB Forum :: Commencal
Commencal Supreme DH thread
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 12:01 Quote
rangerdanger69 wrote:
Has anybody had any bad experiences with the warranty? I found a ton of cracks in my frame and commencal is denying the warranty, however offering 10% off a new frame (which I can’t afford). I am the original owner, have proof of purchase, and the bike is within the warranty time frame. I would appreciate advice on what to do

Thanks

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Jd4UraFXf9C1yXKc6
^ pictures of cracks

I would notify them of your intent to pursue legal action with the attorney general’s office in Colorado. The AG’s office has a consumer protection unit that would provide you with the right information you need to pursue further action or they will pursue it for you. You might end up having to take them to small claims court if they don’t honor the warranty, but it sounds like you are 100% legally protected by the purchase contract and should be able to do this all on your own

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 18:41 Quote
rangerdanger69 wrote:
Has anybody had any bad experiences with the warranty? I found a ton of cracks in my frame and commencal is denying the warranty, however offering 10% off a new frame (which I can’t afford). I am the original owner, have proof of purchase, and the bike is within the warranty time frame. I would appreciate advice on what to do

Thanks

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Jd4UraFXf9C1yXKc6
^ pictures of cracks

Holy shit man! I've never seen that many cracks in a single frame ever. It seems like Commencal's QC and quality is going down in recent years. Hopefully they'll sort you out as in my view it's clearly a warranty issue. Good luck!

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 8:08 Quote
Watched AstonMTB's video then went into the garage to check my 2020 Supreme 27.
Found a crack in the BB area and another at the funny hole in the seatstay. Great stuff.

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 2:17 Quote
rallyimprezive wrote:
Found a crack in the BB area and another at the funny hole in the seatstay. Great stuff.

Ask for a warranty replacement, it worked for me. Told them I didnt ride much because of Covid and that the frame is known to crack.

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 7:52 Quote
Blablablup123 wrote:
rallyimprezive wrote:

Ask for a warranty replacement, it worked for me. Told them I didnt ride much because of Covid and that the frame is known to crack.

I did ask actually. Because I am the second owner I don’t have much recourse. They did offer me 10% off on a new frame which I think is more than fair. But because the new frames are mullet only I can’t really afford to buy the new frame, then add a new front wheel and new front fork.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 14:33 Quote
Okay im new to the tread and have a question that is a little weird.
Since i got a supreme v4. 4 for free(have 2 tiny hairline cracks near seattube/bb junction) and have a bunch of parts laying around.
Do you think that the 241x76 shock could work with the frame? I know the factory is 250x75.
I have no problem with lower travel, only thinking that smaller shock and longer stroke could screw the kinematics.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 15:54 Quote
glavonja wrote:
Okay im new to the tread and have a question that is a little weird.
Since i got a supreme v4. 4 for free(have 2 tiny hairline cracks near seattube/bb junction) and have a bunch of parts laying around.
Do you think that the 241x76 shock could work with the frame? I know the factory is 250x75.
I have no problem with lower travel, only thinking that smaller shock and longer stroke could screw the kinematics.

The rear end will sit lower because of the shorter overall shock. That will decrease the head angle, lower the BB, increase the wheelbase, and yes, impact suspension feel. Even if the stroke was the same, you'll be starting the suspension later in its travel but still moving it 205mm from its new starting point. Im not sure that you wouldn't have issues with the lower linkage hitting the frame near the BB.

finally, the cracks might get worse and cause injury...

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 0:33 Quote
Yes, those were my taughts also. But i was thinking somebody might tried it already or something... Wanted to put singlecrown fork on it and make it a park bike, but it seems that standard shock and double crown fork will go on it.
Thanks for the replay

Posted: Aug 29, 2022 at 11:00 Quote
Anyone have any issues with the stock headset creaking? Everything is tightened down and torques for sure...

Posted: Aug 29, 2022 at 11:46 Quote
phazedplasma wrote:
Anyone have any issues with the stock headset creaking? Everything is tightened down and torques for sure...

Is it an Acros? Havent had a single good experience with their headsets.

Posted: Aug 29, 2022 at 13:03 Quote
Blablablup123 wrote:
phazedplasma wrote:

Yeah I believe so :\

Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 3:41 Quote
phazedplasma wrote:
Blablablup123 wrote:
phazedplasma wrote:

Yeah I believe so :\

I think only acros and cane creek make a top head set in the right size, and my cane creek 40 has been decent so far.

Posted: Sep 7, 2022 at 12:29 Quote
Hey everybody. I've got a 2021 supreme that is a full 29er. The bike has been awesome so far. However, I've got a 27.5" wheel and I'm curious to try a mullet setup. Has anybody tried it on a full 29er? It obviously changes the bb height and head angle. I'm curious how drastically/noticeably? Any other issues to think about trying this?

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Struggleteam wrote:
Hey everybody. I've got a 2021 supreme that is a full 29er. The bike has been awesome so far. However, I've got a 27.5" wheel and I'm curious to try a mullet setup. Has anybody tried it on a full 29er? It obviously changes the bb height and head angle. I'm curious how drastically/noticeably? Any other issues to think about trying this?

Same question for me, mines a 2020 full 29! Does have the adjustable front shock mount, don’t know if that matters or not! I’d like to try a 27.5 wheel on the rear! I don’t have the bolt on drop out that can be changed to the wrp mullet conversion!! Suggestions?

Posted: 20 hours ago Quote
Cwall1 wrote:
Struggleteam wrote:

Same question for me, mines a 2020 full 29! Does have the adjustable front shock mount, don’t know if that matters or not! I’d like to try a 27.5 wheel on the rear! I don’t have the bolt on drop out that can be changed to the wrp mullet conversion!! Suggestions?

I just did 4 days at angelfire on mine with a 27.5” rear. I really like it. Had to be more aware where I pedaled as it seams slightly easier to strike a pedal. Otherwise it cornered sharper and felt better in the steeps.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006966
Mobile Version of Website