Commencal Supreme DH thread

PB Forum :: Commencal
Commencal Supreme DH thread
| Next Page
O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2024 at 14:18 Quote
student wrote:
Hello,
I would like to ask, maybe someone has done it.
Can we convert full 29" model from 2020 v4.4 to a mullet? maybe with links from mullet bike?
I know that rear wheel will fit in frame, but is it possible to do it correctly?

Thank you.

No your BB will be way too low and the geometry will be extremely slack. You can convert a 27.5 to mullet but not a 29.

Posted: Jan 8, 2024 at 17:57 Quote
If you get a drop crown for your fork to extend it as much as possible and a 1 degree headset from works components running backwards you could probably get the bb to within 5mm. 155mm cranks would help

Posted: Jan 10, 2024 at 17:24 Quote
looking to buy a v5 supreme, should I? the price is kinda crazy but I guess you get what you pay for. any one have riding experience?

Posted: Jan 10, 2024 at 19:32 Quote
Michael-co wrote:
looking to buy a v5 supreme, should I? the price is kinda crazy but I guess you get what you pay for. any one have riding experience?

A couple of us here have v5s. I personally love mine. I was also put off by the frame only price and bought the lowest end model then swapped basically everything I didn’t like. Not sure if I saved any money but I really wanted the frozen brown color.

The only thing I don’t like are some of the parts that come stock. The frame itself is great. Handled a season of park riding and still looks great and is problem free.

Posted: Jan 11, 2024 at 5:52 Quote
I would wait until we get an idea how realiable these bikes are. The v4 was one of the most unreliable dh frames sold, and the warranty period is still very short.

Posted: Jan 12, 2024 at 5:33 Quote
Austink wrote:
Michael-co wrote:

A couple of us here have v5s. I personally love mine. I was also put off by the frame only price and bought the lowest end model then swapped basically everything I didn’t like. Not sure if I saved any money but I really wanted the frozen brown color.

The only thing I don’t like are some of the parts that come stock. The frame itself is great. Handled a season of park riding and still looks great and is problem free.
That’s what I was going to do. Only thing is that the base price is still like 5k.

Posted: May 11, 2024 at 3:44 Quote
Are here people who still ride the DH29 with bolt on dropouts and are looking for an option to have a longer chainstay?
I made some adaptor plates to give the bike 480mm or 470mm Chainstays.
but now my frame cracked again and i'm probably gonna get a supernaut so i have no use for them.

Performance with the long chainstay is absolutly crazy, the bike is so stable and you have a ton of front end grip even when you stand very neutral an the bike.

Posted: May 11, 2024 at 19:48 Quote
Looking at it idk if the v5 is big enough for me. Think I’m too tall for it Smile

Posted: May 12, 2024 at 2:56 Quote
Michael-co wrote:
Looking at it idk if the v5 is big enough for me. Think I’m too tall for it Smile

How tall are you. I'm 6'5" and the XL is perfect for me with an 7mm offset headset

Posted: May 12, 2024 at 9:13 Quote
Freakyjon wrote:
Michael-co wrote:

How tall are you. I'm 6'5" and the XL is perfect for me with an 7mm offset headset

6'6"

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008332
Mobile Version of Website