Transition Patrol, Suppressor & Scout, has yours been delivered yet? Giddy Up!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Suppressor & Scout, has yours been delivered yet? Giddy Up!
Posted: Dec 16, 2016 at 10:21 Quote
how unfit or how big are the hills are you riding if you need a 26t + 44t

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 at 10:47 Quote
i didn't even know that 26t existed, only 28, and even those i have never seen in person
do you really need that?
i use a 34t with a 11-42 and on the road or some fast trails/ fire roads i can spin it to the point where it is worthless to pedal

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 at 12:15 Quote
@poah: All of my descents are preceded by 800-1000 vertical feet of steady climbing. I'm not in particularly bad shape. Can still knock out multiple sub 7 minute miles on a run when my IT band isn't acting up.

The soul crushing climbs are a B, but the descending is ultimately worth it.

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 at 0:01 Quote
to be honestly dont really see how having a 26t sprocket could be useful in any way. at that point you are moving so slowly that i think it would actually make climbing harder. i mean you could spin out real fast but that would suck too.

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 at 9:47 Quote
I bought 36 , bought X2 , kashima all day long lol

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 at 10:14 Quote
nickmtb914 wrote:
to be honestly dont really see how having a 26t sprocket could be useful in any way. at that point you are moving so slowly that i think it would actually make climbing harder. i mean you could spin out real fast but that would suck too.

There's power in gear ratios man. I have a 30t mated with a 11t on there, which I never found myself spinning out. Close, but never actually did it. The 26x9t actually by the ratios should spin out later than the 30x11. After 15 minutes or so of steep uphill punishment I usually cry uncle. No matter how good my fitness has been, I've never been able to completely clean one of the big uphills around here.

The 9-44 and the new 9-46(511%) get all the love, but the 9-42 actually has impressive range; 466% to be exact. By comparison:

11-42: 380%
Eagle: 500%
Hope 10-44: 440%
XT 11-46: 417%

I plan on exploiting that 466% range with the 26t as long as I have clearance. My OneUp upper guide actually goes down that far, so that's sweet. Bonus: I can keep using my 10 speed setup. I know I'll get some comments about how small the ring is and consequently how small my dangly bits must be, but who cares if I have more fun.

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 at 13:48 Quote
tokarsky268 wrote:
nickmtb914 wrote:

There's power in gear ratios man. I have a 30t mated with a 11t on there, which I never found myself spinning out. Close, but never actually did it. The 26x9t actually by the ratios should spin out later than the 30x11. After 15 minutes or so of steep uphill punishment I usually cry uncle. No matter how good my fitness has been, I've never been able to completely clean one of the big uphills around here.

The 9-44 and the new 9-46(511%) get all the love, but the 9-42 actually has impressive range; 466% to be exact. By comparison:

I plan on exploiting that 466% range with the 26t as long as I have clearance. My OneUp upper guide actually goes down that far, so that's sweet. Bonus: I can keep using my 10 speed setup. I know I'll get some comments about how small the ring is and consequently how small my dangly bits must be, but who cares if I have more fun.

The bigger the ratio the more chain slap. Gimme 34t front 11-40t 10 spd any day

Posted: Dec 17, 2016 at 14:22 Quote
rhyssutton wrote:
tokarsky268 wrote:
nickmtb914 wrote:

The bigger the ratio the more chain slap. Gimme 34t front 11-40t 10 spd any day

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 at 8:41 Quote

One of the longest tracks I've rideen, 14 minutes at a slow pace. Dust, berms and steepness on the Pila-Aosta track, most tiring thing ever. I was surprised how well my Patrol coped with it!

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 at 8:56 Quote
hopw you socks match your gloves

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 at 9:05 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:

One of the longest tracks I've rideen, 14 minutes at a slow pace. Dust, berms and steepness on the Pila-Aosta track, most tiring thing ever. I was surprised how well my Patrol coped with it!

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 at 11:20 Quote
Few updates to the old girl, New frame pivot bearing are replaced the ones in the Raceface bottom bracket with Enduro ones, Had a horrible creak from the bottom bracket and it was the bearing moving in the shell, i have fitted the new ones with loctite bearing fit compound, Three rides in and so far so good! I couldn't get a service kit for my HT T1's so they got replaced with X2's. The most notable update is the stock sram/easton wheel combo has been switched to some new DT Swiss EX511's laced to black Hope Pro 4's (I forgot how loud they are!) I wrapped them in WTB Tough High Grip Vigilantes, Managed to get out on them today and conditions were better than expected, but i had a ton of grip! Had a blast!, Also I've fitted some magura shiftmix matchmakers and a Bikeyolk Triggy remote to replace the poorly designed ks southpaw.

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 at 12:42 Quote
nealy578 wrote:
Few updates to the old girl, New frame pivot bearing are replaced the ones in the Raceface bottom bracket with Enduro ones, Had a horrible creak from the bottom bracket and it was the bearing moving in the shell, i have fitted the new ones with loctite bearing fit compound, Three rides in and so far so good! I couldn't get a service kit for my HT T1's so they got replaced with X2's. The most notable update is the stock sram/easton wheel combo has been switched to some new DT Swiss EX511's laced to black Hope Pro 4's (I forgot how loud they are!) I wrapped them in WTB Tough High Grip Vigilantes, Managed to get out on them today and conditions were better than expected, but i had a ton of grip! Had a blast!, Also I've fitted some magura shiftmix matchmakers and a Bikeyolk Triggy remote to replace the poorly designed ks southpaw.

Is that a rockguardz down tube protector? If so did you cut it? I have one but it covers part of the transition logo

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 at 12:51 Quote
S-nicholas wrote:
nealy578 wrote:

Is that a rockguardz down tube protector? If so did you cut it? I have one but it covers part of the transition logo

Yes its a modified Rockguardz, I cut the tip off with a chop saw, then i clipped it back over the guard and used it as a guide to profile the end with a disc cutter with a thin cutting blade on.

Posted: Dec 18, 2016 at 14:46 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:

Steep !

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023328
Mobile Version of Website