Transition Patrol, Suppressor & Scout, has yours been delivered yet? Giddy Up!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Suppressor & Scout, has yours been delivered yet? Giddy Up!
Posted: Jan 6, 2017 at 7:22 Quote
poah wrote:
skyboss wrote:
Lfcrik wrote:
Who's running a coil and what spring rates? any good ways to calculate? looking at finally ordering an ohlins shock I'd like to get get it roughly tight as I believe they're a bitch to change!

Run a CC DB Coil and a 350# spring and I rider weight at 180lbs. Love it! Cane Creek has a spring calculator on their web site.Just plug in your numbers.

Fried of mine has an eleven six and they just called Ohlins for recommended spring weight on another bike. But they did end up changing to a stiffer one in the end.

what settings you running with the 350lb spring

HSC=1.5 Turns
LSC=5 Clicks
HSR=2.5 Turns
LSR=10 Clicks

Posted: Jan 6, 2017 at 12:13 Quote
skyboss wrote:
poah wrote:
skyboss wrote:

Run a CC DB Coil and a 350# spring and I rider weight at 180lbs. Love it! Cane Creek has a spring calculator on their web site.Just plug in your numbers.

Fried of mine has an eleven six and they just called Ohlins for recommended spring weight on another bike. But they did end up changing to a stiffer one in the end.

what settings you running with the 350lb spring

HSC=1.5 Turns
LSC=5 Clicks
HSR=2.5 Turns
LSR=10 Clicks

I run a Kage RC with a 400lb spring, rider weight 180, 4 clicks of compression

Posted: Jan 6, 2017 at 13:39 Quote
All these coil posts are now making me want me to coil my Patrol!

Posted: Jan 7, 2017 at 4:41 Quote
I had an Ohlins on my enduro. Amazing shock but like you say, the heavier weight ones are a bitch to swap out. Doesn't help when the spesh online spring calculator has 2 different charts with different recommend weights.
Your Ohlins dealer should point you in the right direction though

Posted: Jan 7, 2017 at 7:47 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
letitrip1 wrote:
We'reuote="notphaedrus"][Q. uote="rhyssutton"]
letitrip1 wrote:
Rhyssutton, was finale ligure any good on the patrol.

Yup really good. Some tracks there would be lot easier & probably faster on dh rig but nothing there you can't ride on a patrol

The patrol is perfect for the trails there, I can't think of anywhere I prefer to ride
Did you use dual ply tyers.Look quit Rocky.
Yeah dual ply, well enduro. Ran hutchinson toro rr hardskin.

Posted: Jan 7, 2017 at 9:26 Quote
first proper ride of the year and with the coil (glentress red route). it was awesome on the decents and not much bob on the climbs. it shames my pike which I always though was good but its in need of a tune to match the rear. its not as good over small fast bumps as it could be. thinking about the Vorsprung Luftkappe

Posted: Jan 8, 2017 at 0:17 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
rhyssutton wrote:
letitrip1 wrote:
letitrip1 wrote:
Rhyssutton, was finale ligure any good on the patrol.

Yup really good. Some tracks there would be lot easier & probably faster on dh rig but nothing there you can't ride on a patrol

The patrol is perfect for the trails there, I can't think of anywhere I prefer to ride

could you maybe compare the toro to a maxxis dhr,dhf or highroller / schwalbe magic marry?
i would like to give these a try, but prefer real riding experience to reviews from magazins/websites :-)

Posted: Jan 8, 2017 at 0:32 Quote
Mmmmh, Should i upgrade my patrol 15 for a 17, or should i just put some more bling on mine?

Im not 100% on the turquoise one, And the black is a bit similar to mine, although i prefer then newer one decal wise.

I may get myself another coil shock (to replace the jade) just for the craic, id like an 11-6 but the price is eyewaterng and i wouldn't want to buy this shock in the current size if everything is going to go metric. Im also tempted by the Ohlins TTX 22M or even a DHX2!

Could get some forks also for the price of a new frame, Decisions!

Posted: Jan 8, 2017 at 0:57 Quote
What does the jade not do that you want?

I'd keep the 15 until it breaks

Posted: Jan 8, 2017 at 0:59 Quote
nealy578 wrote:
Mmmmh, Should i upgrade my patrol 15 for a 17, or should i just put some more bling on mine?

Im not 100% on the turquoise one, And the black is a bit similar to mine, although i prefer then newer one decal wise.

I may get myself another coil shock (to replace the jade) just for the craic, id like an 11-6 but the price is eyewaterng and i wouldn't want to buy this shock in the current size if everything is going to go metric. Im also tempted by the Ohlins TTX 22M or even a DHX2!

The Jade is a great shock. Except the 11/6 you ll not find a shock that is better than the DVO.
What is your problem with it?

Posted: Jan 8, 2017 at 5:27 Quote
nealy578 wrote:

Keep it, seriously doubt you'd notice much difference other than your bank balance being smaller, i bought an x2 to go with my 36s, only ridden it once though, but the difference is like "wow" !

Posted: Jan 8, 2017 at 7:08 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
listeryu wrote:
rhyssutton wrote:
letitrip1 wrote:

could you maybe compare the toro to a maxxis dhr,dhf or highroller / schwalbe magic marry?
i would like to give these a try, but prefer real riding experience to reviews from magazins/websites :-)

For most of what i ride the front toro is just too heavy it weighed in at 1150g but felt pretty similar maybe less absorption than a magic mary, its a bit smaller than a magic mary too but i prefer it as i have had problems with magic mary clogging my mud guard.
So the rear toro i ran from june through to October including trips to alps and finale ligure. I really like this as a tyre cos its not much heavier than a maxxis hr2 but has much better puncture resistance. Its one of the lightest fastest dbl ply tyres out there as its quite narrow but gives much more grip than you expect looking at it.
Grip wise i think braking grip not as good as hr2 but side grip is on a par. Its quite a shallow tread on the rear toro, the front is deeper & spaced further apart.
I will be getting another one at end of winter but currently running shorty up front & exo HR on rear as its pretty gloopy here atm & have another front-wheel set up with a mm for trail centres/bike parks.
When i go over to alps again will be putting the hutchinson tyres on again. I've got the squale too not sure if its the weight or the compound but its hard work on a climb.
I should work for a mag :-)

Posted: Jan 8, 2017 at 8:07 Quote
The bike does everything i could want or need hence if i were to upgrade it would more than likely be another patrol. It's not a case of needing to change but i can afford it at the moment, whereas if i don't pull the trigger its unlikely i will have this amount of 'expendable' money available to me say within 6 months time, it will get picked at here and there and will probably whittle down to the point where i can't afford a saddle! lol I had been eyeballing the new banshee rune but i saw one today and it was nice but i wasn't blown away by it!, and my patrol rides way nicer than my rune did, However i haven't rode a coil on a rune so i can compare it really.

As regards to the fork/shock was just for a change really! personally i do think there are better looking coil shocks than the jade, And its all about style points right?

Posted: Jan 8, 2017 at 8:16 Quote
I'd change the suspension either a tune or a new fork.

the 11-6 is pretty ugly and the DHX2 is a bit spindly looking particularly with the SLS spring. I think the DB coil looks the best but its just a shock. I think you'd be disapointed if you changed the shock TBH.

Posted: Jan 8, 2017 at 10:18 Quote
nealy578 wrote:
The bike does everything i could want or need hence if i were to upgrade it would more than likely be another patrol. It's not a case of needing to change but i can afford it at the moment, whereas if i don't pull the trigger its unlikely i will have this amount of 'expendable' money available to me say within 6 months time, it will get picked at here and there and will probably whittle down to the point where i can't afford a saddle! lol I had been eyeballing the new banshee rune but i saw one today and it was nice but i wasn't blown away by it!, and my patrol rides way nicer than my rune did, However i haven't rode a coil on a rune so i can compare it really.

As regards to the fork/shock was just for a change really! personally i do think there are better looking coil shocks than the jade, And its all about style points right?

Style? Then take the FAST SUSPENSION The Holy grail
That one looks awesome, you can even choose colors of shock body etc. And it is tailored to you ans your bike,too?

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032234
Mobile Version of Website