Transition Patrol, Suppressor & Scout, has yours been delivered yet? Giddy Up!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Suppressor & Scout, has yours been delivered yet? Giddy Up!
Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 3:48 Quote
gusnet wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've ordered a medium frame last friday. I'm 5' 9" and 32.5 inch inseam.

Do you think that a 150mm seatpost will be OK? The maximum insertion is 170mm, I guess I'm just at the limit...

Thanks.

I've just build up a 2017 Patrol M (I'm about your size) and installed a new 150mm RS Reverb Stealth. Clearance for insertion is really tight, I got like 10mm left until it hits the link axle. So I'm just hitting the limit Big Grin

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 3:50 Quote
If you are doing laps at parks and riding centers the large is advantageous. If you do everything like I do the shorter wheelbase of the medium helps a ton in technical riding.

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 5:06 Quote
willaasss wrote:
tiagomano wrote:
TheLittleFox wrote:
Hello,

I'll got a 2016 Patrol carbon, but I have to purchase a shock as it comes without any.
Wanted to test something else than the Monarch Plus I have on my Alu Patrol.

I was looking for the Fox float X, the price is a bit steep here but I heard good review.
There seems to be different version, LV, Evol... what would you recommend for the Patrol Carbone ?
Or any other advise for a rear shock ?

Thanks !
as you don't have any shox try contacting transition to see if they sell the metric link already and buy a metric shox

Or jump strait into the proper stuff and get the new 2017 inline db coil with a light weight steel spring!

Would it be versatile enough to be used for trail riding ?
Except a few enduro race per year, I mostly ride trails so a coil may be too much. Maybe I'm wrong Smile

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 5:28 Quote
TheLittleFox wrote:

Would it be versatile enough to be used for trail riding ?
Except a few enduro race per year, I mostly ride trails so a coil may be too much. Maybe I'm wrong Smile

what do you mean versatile enough?

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 7:13 Quote
I mean would it be fine for longer ride, with long climb ?
For the downhill part I have no doubt that it would be perfect, but my usual ride range from 700 to 1200m of climbing over 30km.
I fear the Coil would be too much downhill oriented for my use.

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 7:22 Quote
my CCDB IL is awesome on climbs

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 7:52 Quote
TheLittleFox wrote:
I mean would it be fine for longer ride, with long climb ?
For the downhill part I have no doubt that it would be perfect, but my usual ride range from 700 to 1200m of climbing over 30km.
I fear the Coil would be too much downhill oriented for my use.

I bought a used cane creek db coil with piggyback, heavy coil, no climb switch from ebay just to test out if i liked the feel of it...

Lets just say you wont be taking it off me up or down, only thing id swap it for is the new inline with light weight spring and climb switch. and that's just to save a few grams!

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 12:01 Quote
gusnet wrote:
Hi everyone,

Do you think that a 150mm seatpost will be OK? The maximum insertion is 170mm, I guess I'm just at the limit...

Thanks.

Probably won't work if its a new reverb. I had to get a 125 cos 150 wouldn't go in far enough. Was close tho

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 12:21 Quote
rhyssutton wrote:
gusnet wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks.

Probably won't work if its a new reverb. I had to get a 125 cos 150 wouldn't go in far enough. Was close tho

If you're running a low profile seat I think you will be fine. I've got 2 seats and the difference is an inch of seatpost.

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 12:33 Quote
I'm looking to get some custom decals made up for my patrol. The company I'm looking at using, slik, have said the only issue is that they don’t have the 2016 Patrol graphics on file and would need to work from original artwork to ensure the decals can conceal all the original graphics.

I was told that they make all the decals available to the public, however the site doesn't seem to have 2016 decals listed. Would anyone know where I can get them from or even have the artwork files for me to send on?

Emailed transition a couple of times but had no response as yet.

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 12:40 Quote
gravity808 wrote:
Was thinking of going to a Stans mk3 flow / hope pro4 or dt swiss 350 hubs. Also potentially giving Schwalbe tires a go as well. All in Id probably be around the $1000-$1200 cad range for wheels/tires/tubeless + time before I sold my current wheels. On paper Id save around 60g per rim and about 400g or so between the new hubs! The schwalbe tires would probably be 200-300g heavier per tire so rotational weight would grow if anything.

go!

IMO if you're planning on dropping a grand on new wheels, saving a little for carbon is the way to go. The difference is night and day.
The other choice is IndustryNINE enduro wheels for just over $1200 after shipping. The aluminum spokes make a HUGE difference.
I definitely don't think that DT swiss, or even Hope w/mk3s, will make the difference you're after.

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 12:45 Quote
Lfcrik wrote:
I'm looking to get some custom decals made up for my patrol. The company I'm looking at using, slik, have said the only issue is that they don’t have the 2016 Patrol graphics on file and would need to work from original artwork to ensure the decals can conceal all the original graphics.

I was told that they make all the decals available to the public, however the site doesn't seem to have 2016 decals listed. Would anyone know where I can get them from or even have the artwork files for me to send on?

try this guy hes done a few, nice bloke i got the ones on my session from him https://www.facebook.com/pg/NLDesigns.eu/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1030819286989525

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 13:25 Quote
Lfcrik wrote:

Ive had a 15 and 16, are the decals not the same? I use slik for fork and wheel decals but used nldesigns for my patrol graphics, was really pleased with the quality!

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 17:27 Quote
nealy578 wrote:

Ive had a 15 and 16, are the decals not the same? I use slik for fork and wheel decals but used nldesigns for my patrol graphics, was really pleased with the quality!

I'm not sure, maybe!

Got any pics, I spoke to him first but I wasn't that impressed with a couple of things he sent over, I'd like a metallic finish which didn't look metallic on the sample he sent. And also didn't really seem to understand what I was was asking for despite several images!

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 at 23:59 Quote
Lfcrik wrote:
nealy578 wrote:

I'm not sure, maybe!

Got any pics, I spoke to him first but I wasn't that impressed with a couple of things he sent over, I'd like a metallic finish which didn't look metallic on the sample he sent. And also didn't really seem to understand what I was was asking for despite several images!

I would bet they are the same, I still have my 15 and my friend has a 16 , we should be out the weekend so I could compare them if you'd like? I was impressed with the quality of the frame decals, they fit perfectly, although I just tried to make it look like my 16 so I just went for a neon yellow decal which was a lot more vivid than the 16 was, the fork decal quality wasn't quite as good, they were supposed to be black and yellow but the black section looked more of an incredibly dark green!

Here's a pic for reference!

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020642
Mobile Version of Website