Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 8:04 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
RickDraper wrote:
maxlombardy wrote:
Not remotely the same concept to change the travel on a RS vs Fox. The 36 is easier and cheaper (free) to change, especially the 2018 model.

The 2018 36 will need a new air spring to change the travel.
From PB's article last week on the new 36:

"The previous version of the 36 had a thin aluminum rod attached to the air spring side top cap, and adding or removing spacers required removing a tiny o-ring, sliding the desired number of spacers on, and then re-installing that tiny o-ring. It wasn't that difficult of a procedure to accomplish, but it was more involved than just unscrewing the top cap, pushing a volume spacer on and then closing everything back up, a design that was first used on the 34, and has now carried over to the 36."
That's too add volume reducers, not adjust travel....

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 8:08 Quote
notphaedrus wrote:
maxlombardy wrote:
RickDraper wrote:

"The previous version of the 36 had a thin aluminum rod attached to the air spring side top cap, and adding or removing spacers required removing a tiny o-ring, sliding the desired number of spacers on, and then re-installing that tiny o-ring. It wasn't that difficult of a procedure to accomplish, but it was more involved than just unscrewing the top cap, pushing a volume spacer on and then closing everything back up, a design that was first used on the 34, and has now carried over to the 36."
That's too add volume reducers, not adjust travel....

I think all you need to do to adjust the travel is set the spacers at the lowers of fork.
Yiu dknt need to adjust the rod anymore.

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 8:09 Quote
Wow I completely misread that... my bad!

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 9:17 Quote
Cracking weekend down at Bike Park Ireland, (definitely check it out if you are coming over) short runs, but up to 30 in a day with a super efficient uplift! The new black trail on my Patrol was lit!

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 9:19 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
RickDraper wrote:
maxlombardy wrote:
Not remotely the same concept to change the travel on a RS vs Fox. The 36 is easier and cheaper (free) to change, especially the 2018 model.

Pinkbike is refering to tokens.
The discussion here is about changing the fork travel...

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 10:21 Quote
peter413 wrote:
So my plan to get replacement SKF bearings isn't going so well. Easy enough to find the 6902 and 6903 bearings but the 63802's aren't so easy. Looks like it might have to be some Enduro ABEC 3's. Can't say I've been very impressed with Enduro's I've used in the past but there doesn't appear to be much option. I know there's the Enduro Max bearings too but they're about the 4 times the cost and I'm not paying that much. Anybody used the standard Enduro bearings? So long as they're better than the standard NBK's I'll be happy enough.
Just fitted 6802-zzw7 Enduros to both bikes, they cost £5.42 + each, from Orbic, who deliver free to my house Big Grin
I should have just reused the Scout ones as Transition want.....£350 for a chain stay , wtf Eek Eek Eek Eek
Do the maths on that ..

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 10:28 Quote
RNeves wrote:
maxlombardy wrote:
RickDraper wrote:

Pinkbike is refering to tokens.
The discussion here is about changing the fork travel...
Got it. My bad.

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 10:37 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
peter413 wrote:
So my plan to get replacement SKF bearings isn't going so well. Easy enough to find the 6902 and 6903 bearings but the 63802's aren't so easy. Looks like it might have to be some Enduro ABEC 3's. Can't say I've been very impressed with Enduro's I've used in the past but there doesn't appear to be much option. I know there's the Enduro Max bearings too but they're about the 4 times the cost and I'm not paying that much. Anybody used the standard Enduro bearings? So long as they're better than the standard NBK's I'll be happy enough.
Just fitted 6802-zzw7 Enduros to both bikes, they cost £5.42 + each, from Orbic, who deliver free to my house Big Grin
I should have just reused the Scout ones as Transition want.....£350 for a chain stay , wtf Eek Eek Eek Eek
Do the maths on that ..

Is that a crash replacement price or full price?

A new rocker is £229.99 too! Eek

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 11:15 Quote
Wait this stuff isn't warrantied? Assuming the crack was from stress?

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 11:36 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
Wait this stuff isn't warrantied? Assuming the crack was from stress?

The rocker price came from my enquiry about a metric rocker, I nearly fell of my chair when I was told! lol

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 15:15 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
Well, I thing that the Debonair has finally let go on my Sons Suppressor, sloshing squelching noises and when in the descend position it knocks about halfway through the travel... Rolleyes
A seal maybe? What are your thoughts guys?

My guess is lost pressure from the IFP. If you have the adaptor you could try and pump it back up to 250psi, but probably needs a bleed to get air out of the oil. I did it DIY, fixed the knock, no seals needed , you could try otherwise it's warranty or a service.

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 15:16 Quote
notphaedrus wrote:
has anyone taken the main chainstay pivot off a patrol carbon? Mine doesn't look like the collet style that was on the aluminum frame? I'm hesitant to try and pry out the insert on the non drive side. Let me know if you've done it, thanks

Mine was a collet style 2pcs axle
'16 model

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 15:47 Quote
gravityslaves wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
Well, I thing that the Debonair has finally let go on my Sons Suppressor, sloshing squelching noises and when in the descend position it knocks about halfway through the travel... Rolleyes
A seal maybe? What are your thoughts guys?

My guess is lost pressure from the IFP. If you have the adaptor you could try and pump it back up to 250psi, but probably needs a bleed to get air out of the oil. I did it DIY, fixed the knock, no seals needed , you could try otherwise it's warranty or a service.
Cheers Mate. It's going to go back under warranty no, I spoke with Zyrofisher earlier today.

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 10:55 Quote
peter413 wrote:

photo
I got a mix of Enduro Max and SKF bearings for £90 of Ebay.
I've packed them with plenty of grease, hope they will last forewerBig Grin

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 11:10 Quote
peter413 wrote:

I take it you mean these ones

http://www.onlinebearings.co.uk/2231-2RS-Enduro-Max-Mountain-Bike-Bearing-2231-2RS-EM1-pr-21115.html

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019381
Mobile Version of Website