Transition Patrol, Suppressor & Scout, has yours been delivered yet? Giddy Up!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Suppressor & Scout, has yours been delivered yet? Giddy Up!
Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 8:55 Quote
poah wrote:
Lfcrik wrote:
Lfcrik wrote:
anyone slacked out their patrol?
already on 170's contemplating a 1 deg angleset... which should drop the bb height back down a bit and reduce the reach also
Anyone?

I've got 650b forks on my suppressor - can't tell the difference between those and the 26 pikes I had before. Your reach will already be reduced with the 170 forks. probably make the bike too slack

I've got 650b forks on my suppressor too. Also threw a pair of 650b wheels on there along with a set of offset shock bushes. Slacking these bikes out just makes them even more rowdy. No clearance issues with the larger wheels and it helped give more bb clearance, as I was getting pedal strikes with 26 inch wheels. ( Yes, technique, technique.) Go for it man, slack out your Patrol, just don't expect it to climb in a straight line without a firm hand.

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 11:48 Quote
EDC 1
Peace of piss to fit, Patrol next up

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 12:10 Quote
EDC 2
Fox 36's tap out easier than Pikes

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 12:23 Quote
Pow!

How much of your steerer did it thread? Did a little more of mine than I was expecting!

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 12:58 Quote
wrote:
Thanks to all those that responded. The information shared only made the "new bike itch" even worse. Will post back here once I get a Scout built.

S-nicholas wrote:
Honestly I think if your suspension is set up well it won't feel like too much travel when you don't need it and you'll have enough when you do. It just depends on if you feel you need the extra cushion of the patrol. Also i think somebody already mentioned it but if you plan to take frequent trips to the bike park the patrol is probably a better choice. Maybe if you just want to try something new go carbon?
@S-nicholas I couldn't agree with you more. I'm currently running a Float X2 on the rear of my Patrol. The 2 paired is just pure magic and the things the bike lets me get away with is way beyond what a 155mm travel bike should be able to handle.
BUT............
Lets not focus on facts as the N+1 rule must be obeyed

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 13:04 Quote
nealy578 wrote:
Pow!

How much of your steerer did it thread? Did a little more of mine than I was expecting!
Full depth until it locked out, not got 5mm steerer out of stem though,
work out how the link breaker works and send me a vid please !

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 13:15 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
nealy578 wrote:
Pow!

Full depth until it locked out, not got 5mm steerer out of stem though,
work out how the link breaker works and send me a vid please !

Did i thread about 12mm of the steerer?

I think its kinda sits in there on the angle, i did look at it briefly confused but it will work!

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 15:09 Quote
stumpymidget wrote:
poah wrote:
Lfcrik wrote:

Anyone?

I've got 650b forks on my suppressor - can't tell the difference between those and the 26 pikes I had before. Your reach will already be reduced with the 170 forks. probably make the bike too slack

I've got 650b forks on my suppressor too. Also threw a pair of 650b wheels on there along with a set of offset shock bushes. Slacking these bikes out just makes them even more rowdy. No clearance issues with the larger wheels and it helped give more bb clearance, as I was getting pedal strikes with 26 inch wheels. ( Yes, technique, technique.) Go for it man, slack out your Patrol, just don't expect it to climb in a straight line without a firm hand.

doesn't climb straight anyway with me riding!
I was just in the garage and concvinced myself it wasnt just a good idea but a great one.

Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 15:46 Quote
hartmd25 wrote:
missionS wrote:
@mrtoodles

Thanks for the response and I definitely think that I have made up my mind. Once I get a frame/bike will post some pictures here.

Anybody have/know of a large scout frame they want to sell?

I was thinking about a scout but the BB is even lower than the patrol. Riding my patrol for the last three months with 170mm cranks I've hit countless rocks. The scout would be out of the question where I ride.

Uncompressed it may be lower but remember that the patrol has more travel and bb goes lower

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 5:51 Quote
One question related to the EDC tool, am I right understanding that I should buy EDC tool (59$)+EDC top cap (25$)+EDC tap (35$) if I want one of those things?

Ps. Nevermind, I understood by myself, it wasn't that difficult.. ahaha

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 9:56 Quote

New wheels on my Patrol, and wow does that Hope Hub sound good!

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 12:13 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:

New wheels on my Patrol, and wow does that Hope Hub sound good!

Ya, love my Hope hub! Great choice

Posted: Jun 16, 2017 at 13:07 Quote
Team blog of the Tweedlove Shimano International Enduro. Contains a Transition Patrol and vague attempts at humour…

http://wp.me/p7s61p-bb

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 12:14 Quote
So I may have just found a crack on the chainstay on my patrol. Devastated is an understatement.

Question is how long is the warranty?

Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 12:18 Quote
Also, do I email transition themselves or windwave in the uk? Even though I didn't get it from them....

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023810
Mobile Version of Website