Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, has yours been delivered yet? Giddy Up!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, has yours been delivered yet? Giddy Up!
Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 7:25 Quote
No superboost? I'm out.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 8:37 Quote
Patrol owners can I ask quick question? A 2016 medium in yellow (what I've been after) has popped upon the classifieds. Only thing is it's a medium. Im 5'11" with an inside leg of 32", do you think the fit will be okay? Or would I definitely be a large?
It's quite far from me so i'd rather ask here before driving all that way for potential;y a bit that won't fit me!

Thanks.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 8:45 Quote
Pie-slap wrote:
Patrol owners can I ask quick question? A 2016 medium in yellow (what I've been after) has popped upon the classifieds. Only thing is it's a medium. Im 5'11" with an inside leg of 32", do you think the fit will be okay? Or would I definitely be a large?
It's quite far from me so i'd rather ask here before driving all that way for potential;y a bit that won't fit me!

Thanks.

I'm the same height but with a 33" inside leg. No way I would consider getting a medium. I ride a large and wouldn't mind trying an XL just to see how it feels.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 12:56 Quote
Pie-slap wrote:

Thanks.

Im 5ft 10 ish had a medium patrol for couple years. Borrowed a large for a day, now i want a large.
So yeah at 5ft 11 your reach probably too long for a medium.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 16:35 Quote
So as far as adding more volume reduction spacers to my CCDB Air what would be a good starting point? I already have the recommended amount for the 2015 patrol (1 large and 3 small). Should I start by adding another large? Replacing a small with a large? How much is too much (for a starting point)?

Also, they seem to have begun producing new volume spacers and they all seem to be one size that can be cut down to achieve less reduction. Are these equivalent to a large of the older spacers?

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 2:59 Quote
Pie-slap wrote:

Thanks.

I'm 5 foot 10 and the large fits me perfectly. The other thing is I wouldn't a second hand Transition due to cracking issues. Mine had loads of small cracks in after a year and I don't even ride that hard.

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 14:37 Quote
RNeves wrote:
Any word on the 2018 models? Mainly the 2018 Patrol?
Can't wait to see what's coming up...

I want a 140mm R/150mm F SuperScout thanks. In Kawasaki green and carbon :-)

Actually, I expect we will possibly see a 29er version of the Patrol, the new carbon DH bike Tahnee is testing, and the Scout and Smuggler to move to a metric shock.

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 15:51 Quote
mrtoodles wrote:
RNeves wrote:

Actually, I expect we will possibly see a 29er version of the Patrol, the new carbon DH bike Tahnee is testing, and the Scout and Smuggler to move to a metric shock.

I doubt they will make an enduro 29er for now. Transition is more about fun than going fast and smooth.

Personally , I'd love to see them add boost axles to this year's model and not much more!

Oh and having the chance to choose between coil and air in the rear when buying

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 16:32 Quote
i heard in another rocker arm change and posssibly boost

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 17:13 Quote
tiagomano wrote:
i heard in another rocker arm change and posssibly boost

If a new rocker arm means more progressiveness (thus more soited to coil shocks), it will be very welcome

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 17:46 Quote
RNeves wrote:
mrtoodles wrote:
RNeves wrote:

I doubt they will make an enduro 29er for now. Transition is more about fun than going fast and smooth.

Personally , I'd love to see them add boost axles to this year's model and not much more!

I was on a ride in bellingham a few months ago and Lars was part of our crew. He was testing a 29er enduro bike which apparently may of been 180mm travel and a 64 degree head angle. Wow is he ever a sick rider too! Could be in the works...can't wait to see what they come up with next

Currently on a fox float x2 and should be picking up a dhx2 coil tomorrow. Interested to feel the difference.

Anyone else previously on a float x2 gone to coil? Worth the weight??

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 17:54 Quote
gravity808 wrote:
RNeves wrote:
mrtoodles wrote:

I was on a ride in bellingham a few months ago and Lars was part of our crew. He was testing a 29er enduro bike which apparently may of been 180mm travel and a 64 degree head angle. Wow is he ever a sick rider too! Could be in the works...can't wait to see what they come up with next

Currently on a fox float x2 and should be picking up a dhx2 coil tomorrow. Interested to feel the difference.

Anyone else previously on a float x2 gone to coil? Worth the weight??

I just went the opposite direction on a different bike (T275), and after 4 rides I like the Float X2 better. Not really apples to apples here, but the Float feels much more supportive and the small bump difference is negligible. I'm taking a Shock Wiz out on Saturday for further tuning, but the base tune has felt really, really good.

Posted: Jun 21, 2017 at 21:51 Quote
Boost 148mm,who likes Tod have that? Those zum are pure bullshit. It you warnt something Really solid,then ask transition for superboost, thus good old 157mm ;-)

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 0:48 Quote
Kinda off topic question, but it happened while i was working on my all mountain bike so here goes any of you know how to get stans sealnt out of clothing. Because im having a really hard time getting it out.

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 3:36 Quote
bansaiman wrote:
Boost 148mm,who likes Tod have that? Those zum are pure bullshit. It you warnt something Really solid,then ask transition for superboost, thus good old 157mm ;-)

To me, 148 axle is a must have today as 142 is dead by now. Of course you will have 142 hubs for some years, but they will eventually disappear.

In some years we can be saying godbye to 148 too, but for now, for a future proof bike, it has to have 148 rear, 110 front and metric shock sizing.

People won't bring old standards back by criticizing new ones...

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024598
Mobile Version of Website