Transition Patrol, Suppressor & Scout, has yours been delivered yet? Giddy Up!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Suppressor & Scout, has yours been delivered yet? Giddy Up!
Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 7:35 Quote
RNeves wrote:
This happens with every brand almost!

Distributors have access to the new bikes way earlier than the users.

The distributors just have to keep smart and don't put them on their website for preorder.

Agreed!

However, they should just be happy that people are excited enough to be talking about the new bikes.
When they did a press release for the Sentinel last week it was only going to be natural for people to start looking for Patrol info as it was more than obvious what it was going to be. The only unknown was the colour offerings.

Anyway, Wind your neck in WindWave marketing guy and get ready for my order! Big Grin

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 7:42 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
RNeves wrote:

The distributors just have to keep smart and don't put them on their website for preorder.

Agreed!

However, they should just be happy that people are excited enough to be talking about the new bikes.
When they did a press release for the Sentinel last week it was only going to be natural for people to start looking for Patrol info as it was more than obvious what it was going to be. The only unknown was the colour offerings.

Anyway, Wind your neck in WindWave marketing guy and get ready for my order! Big Grin

The scout in XS is something I'm interested in for lewis.

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 7:46 Quote
poah wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
RNeves wrote:

Agreed!

I imagine the Scout with that new geo will be an incredible trail bike! I wish I had the budget for a scout as well as a Patrol.

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 8:15 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
poah wrote:
wythall1 wrote:

Agreed!

I imagine the Scout with that new geo will be an incredible trail bike! I wish I had the budget for a scout as well as a Patrol.

I can imagine the new scout being very close to what the 2017 patrol is now...

For what is written on the website, they will have more travel for 2018.

I don't see the new Patrol being the bike thet loves to pop from any small lip as it is today.

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 12:27 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
nealy578 wrote:
Niko182 wrote:

Oh. Okay just curious. Honestly now thinking about it, i havent heard or met any one that dislikes the bike for its riding characteristics. Heard alot of complaints about cracks. But havent met a single person that disliked the actual bike.

No I love the bike, just wish it was built a little better! However I couldn't fault windwave for replaceing my seat stay and rocker, just had to wait 3 weeks to get it from the states!

I think that I must have been really lucky with my frame, I have been abusing it for 2 1/2 years now with no problem. I know that mine came from the very first production run as I ordered it early Sept 2014 as soon as the Patrol was announced. A big risk I know, but already having a covert at the time that I was really pleased with the Patrol could only be better! No regrets here, I just wish that TR would make some improvements to the warranty duration, it is diabolical for frames in the price range.
mine was also a 1st production frame and it broke, as did the covert before Confused

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 13:03 Quote
tiagomano wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
nealy578 wrote:

No I love the bike, just wish it was built a little better! However I couldn't fault windwave for replaceing my seat stay and rocker, just had to wait 3 weeks to get it from the states!

I think that I must have been really lucky with my frame, I have been abusing it for 2 1/2 years now with no problem. I know that mine came from the very first production run as I ordered it early Sept 2014 as soon as the Patrol was announced. A big risk I know, but already having a covert at the time that I was really pleased with the Patrol could only be better! No regrets here, I just wish that TR would make some improvements to the warranty duration, it is diabolical for frames in the price range.
mine was also a 1st production frame and it broke, as did the covert before Confused

Pure luck then I guess. Big Grin I checked it again the morning after a bay at bikepark Wales yesterday.

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 13:28 Quote
Aw man dont want more rear travel.
Already got the reduced fork offset & running 170 up front.
Was just hoping it was bit slacker up front, with steeper seat angle & longer reach.
Hmmn curious to see the new stats/ geo

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 14:21 Quote
Capital Cycles took the new bikes out of the website!

Too late I guess...

And yeah, I don't think the Patrol needs more travel...

But if it we find it too much, we can always have the Scout, it comes with a Fox 36 too. Or at least that's what was written on the Capital Cycles website

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 15:57 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
RNeves wrote:

Agreed!

Guess they're worried new product will devalue the existing stock prematurely?

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 16:03 Quote
mrtoodles wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
RNeves wrote:

Agreed!

Guess they're worried new product will devalue the existing stock prematurely?

Exactly, they have a number of disti's around the world that are still holding a fair amount of 2017 stock that are going to struggle to shift it.
But it's not like we didn't know it was coming, they announced the Sentinel last week so it didn't take a rocket scientist to work it out. It was just the colour schemes that would have been the mystery.

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 17:02 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
Exactly, they have a number of disti's around the world that are still holding a fair amount of 2017 stock that are going to struggle to shift it.
But it's not like we didn't know it was coming, they announced the Sentinel last week so it didn't take a rocket scientist to work it out. It was just the colour schemes that would have been the mystery.

Fine by me though - I've been hoping to get a run-out price on an existing carbon Scout frame. I'm still hoping they extend the warranty period though. I'd like to run it for a few years without worrying.

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 17:09 Quote
Gotta say I'm stoked they moved to external brake cable routing though! God internal routing for hydraulic lines is a PITA.

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 23:48 Quote
notphaedrus wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
2018 Patrol...... Big Grin

2018 Patrol
2018 Patrol

2018 Transition Round up:

•New GiddyUp Kinematics

•Increased Travel from Previous Patrol

•Speed Balanced Geometry

•Boost Dropout Spacing

•Metric Shock Sizing

•Integrated Rubber Downtube & Chainstay Protection

•Universal Transition Replaceable Derailleur Hanger

•Full Water Bottle Storage

•Increased Seatpost Insertion

•Updated Internal Cable Routing

•External Brake Routing

•New Extra Small Size

•Clearance up to 27.5” x 2.8”

Grey one looks mint! Been running a reduced offset 40 on the TR500 for a few months (using a 26 fox 40 lower) and it feels great. All makes sense, there are a few articles by Chris Porter on it. Bet it feels great!

Themen fork should be green,too

Posted: Jul 10, 2017 at 1:13 Quote
mrtoodles wrote:
Gotta say I'm stoked they moved to external brake cable routing though! God internal routing for hydraulic lines is a PITA.

Yes external brake routing ! Brilliant! tup Also integrated down tube protection! Big Grin

Posted: Jul 10, 2017 at 5:50 Quote
Did they installed a Super Deluxe on the Scout as well ?
With the Sentinel announcement, I'm kind of waiting his small brother with less travel (updated Smuggler ?)

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023648
Mobile Version of Website