Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Jul 10, 2017 at 6:50 Quote
TheLittleFox wrote:
Did they installed a Super Deluxe on the Scout as well ?
With the Sentinel announcement, I'm kind of waiting his small brother with less travel (updated Smuggler ?)

Nope, the website stated that the scout comes with a Fox Float DPX and a Fox 36 or a Lyrik, depending on your choice.

Posted: Jul 10, 2017 at 17:09 Quote
Has anyone warrantied their Patrol frame due to cable rub on the BB and downtube area?

Posted: Jul 11, 2017 at 0:44 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:
Has anyone warrantied their Patrol frame due to cable rub on the BB and downtube area?

Not heard of anyone claiming warranty for that reason. I don't think that it would be covered as it is really the responsibility of the owner to make sure that there is enough of a cable hose loop under the frame which is maintained with a cable tie through the provided loop.
I am pretty sure that most of our frames have some rub marks there prior to getting the correct loop on the cables.

What damage has it done to your frame?

Posted: Jul 11, 2017 at 2:08 Quote
I'm trying to find a mech hanger for my 2016 Patrol in stock as a spare by Friday - my local Transition dealer don't have any.

I've found them online at Plush Hill cycles, not sure if they have physical stock or not but will call them.

Plush Hill

Any used them? Or have any other recommendations?

Posted: Jul 11, 2017 at 2:44 Quote
gravityslaves wrote:
I'm trying to find a mech hanger for my 2016 Patrol in stock as a spare by Friday - my local Transition dealer don't have any.

I've found them online at Plush Hill cycles, not sure if they have physical stock or not but will call them.

Plush Hill

Plush Hill are Ok to use, just call them and tell them that you need it by Friday. As for stock, if they advertise it on their website they usuall have stock.

Posted: Jul 11, 2017 at 2:51 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
ArchieDH wrote:

Not heard of anyone claiming warranty for that reason. I don't think that it would be covered as it is really the responsibility of the owner to make sure that there is enough of a cable hose loop under the frame which is maintained with a cable tie through the provided loop.
I am pretty sure that most of our frames have some rub marks there prior to getting the correct loop on the cables.

in my 2015 frame the places where the cable entered and exited the frame where all eaten up by the cables, on the exit near the bottom bracket it had already eaten up like half a centimeter , and i had to constantly swap the swap the mech outer cable .
i don't have that problem no more because on the brake hose and in the mech hose, on that exit i have some rubber hose around it, it stops the cables from eating the frame and them self's and it stops the noise

photo
https://i11.servimg.com/u/f11/19/61/67/33/p_201710.jpg

having that said, when i warriented the frame was for crack's and not for that problem

O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2017 at 3:05 Quote
gravityslaves wrote:

Plush Hill

Plush Hill are very good, I'd definitely recommend them.

Posted: Jul 11, 2017 at 3:26 Quote
Looks interesting this speed balanced geometry (SBG). But I'm not keen on the acronym. I think Reduced Offset Fork Lowers would have been better.... Big Grin

Posted: Jul 11, 2017 at 4:13 Quote
TheLittleFox wrote:
Did they installed a Super Deluxe on the Scout as well ?
With the Sentinel announcement, I'm kind of waiting his small brother with less travel (updated Smuggler ?)

It does look like one on the pic but details said dpx.

Posted: Jul 11, 2017 at 4:22 Quote
Anyone experiencing an occasional buzz when braking?
I got a carbon Patrol, and sometimes I feel the rear triangle resonate when applying rear brake.

The brake's bolt are torqued to specs, disc is 180mm Shimano centerlocks.
Disc and pads are new.

It occurs more often when braking lightly, under heavy braking I don't remember noticing it.

Thanks !

Posted: Jul 11, 2017 at 4:32 Quote
TheLittleFox wrote:

Have you checked the bearings?
The back end will vibrate a bit when the brake is applied if the pivots are loose or bearings have slight play.

Posted: Jul 11, 2017 at 10:32 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
ArchieDH wrote:

Archie , mate , you serious ? Negligence is a crime Evil

Posted: Jul 11, 2017 at 10:34 Quote
notphaedrus wrote:
Looks interesting this speed balanced geometry (SBG). But I'm not keen on the acronym. I think Reduced Offset Fork Lowers would have been better.... Big Grin
not read it, i can't keep on wanting more, shiny is addictive lol
ROFL Facepalm

Posted: Jul 11, 2017 at 15:10 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
notphaedrus wrote:
not read it, i can't keep on wanting more, shiny is addictive lol
ROFL Facepalm

It definitely is..... Smile

O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2017 at 15:17 Quote
TheLittleFox wrote:
I got a carbon Patrol, and sometimes I feel the rear triangle resonate when applying rear brake.

The brake's bolt are torqued to specs, disc is 180mm Shimano centerlocks.
Disc and pads are new.

It occurs more often when braking lightly, under heavy braking I don't remember noticing it.

I've seen similar issues with other bike brandss using Centrelock rotors so it may be just that. Otherwise, check your pivot tightness? I've not had a vibrating issue on either Scout or Patrol so far.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012955
Mobile Version of Website