Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, has yours been delivered yet? Giddy Up!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, has yours been delivered yet? Giddy Up!
Posted: Jul 26, 2017 at 4:29 Quote
Lfcrik wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
Lfcrik wrote:

After today I'm in love! Gets said a lot but this is the bike I've ridden for sure, it's like we were made for each other haha!

Been absolutely pinned riding blind down some savage singletrack and gnarly chutes in around Paganella today, DH bikes are basically irrelevant now. I'll have to get a bike check up at some point, I don't think there's much I'd change bar maybe getting my angleset fitted Smile
what headangle are you running it at.

I'm on a large with the running a 36 set at 170 so currently it's probably between 64 and 64.5 I've got a 1 degree headset ordered that should take it to 63.5 ish and drop the bb down a bit; now on 165 cranks also so plenty of room to play with!
Did you reduce your fork offeset too?
Im running 170 too but reduced the fork offset to keep the steering snappy, wondering if it will get wallowy without changing offset if you are slacking it out.....

Posted: Jul 26, 2017 at 8:23 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2219680/

Posted: Jul 26, 2017 at 9:44 Quote
Longey83 wrote:
Is it really that hard to read the basic forum rules?

Posted: Jul 26, 2017 at 16:12 Quote
rhyssutton wrote:
Lfcrik wrote:
Niko182 wrote:

what headangle are you running it at.

I'm on a large with the running a 36 set at 170 so currently it's probably between 64 and 64.5 I've got a 1 degree headset ordered that should take it to 63.5 ish and drop the bb down a bit; now on 165 cranks also so plenty of room to play with!
Im running 170 too but reduced the fork offset to keep the steering snappy, wondering if it will get wallowy without changing offset if you are slacking it out.....
How did you do that? 26 lowers?
Week off in Munich currently, yet to plays I was thinking maybe a slightly longer stem also somewhere 40-45mm had a few tucks the last couple of weeks

Posted: Jul 27, 2017 at 9:28 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
Longey83 wrote:
Is it really that hard to read the basic forum rules?
Haha you've been told off Big Grin

Posted: Jul 27, 2017 at 10:05 Quote
Sorry didnt relise !!!

Posted: Jul 27, 2017 at 10:05 Quote
Longey83 wrote:
Sorry didnt relise !!!

Posted: Jul 27, 2017 at 10:37 Quote

One of the best tracks about - Pleney Black.

Posted: Jul 27, 2017 at 13:28 Quote
Lfcrik wrote:
rhyssutton wrote:
Lfcrik wrote:

That was how the fork came when i bought it. I ride with boys from mojo suspension & they suggested it would be much better

Week off in Munich currently, yet to plays I was thinking maybe a slightly longer stem also somewhere 40-45mm had a few tucks the last couple of weeks

Posted: Jul 27, 2017 at 15:54 Quote
Lfcrik wrote:

IIRC its the CSU from a 26" fork.

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 7:30 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:

You sent 10% Big Grin . I saw a lot of people standing around it. I couldn't do it, i kept looking at it, it seems the right hand side is the way to go.
Did you do the jump at 0.31 and the left hand drop at 1.36 ?

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 9:10 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:

Nicely done!

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 10:35 Quote
Has anyone else just had tons of problems with their patrol carbon? I love the way it rides, just seems like its built poorly and they didn't think of a lot of things when designing it.

My problems are mostly that I went through a set of bearings already and its only been 2 months, seems like they shipped without any greese at all. The cables under the bb are obnoxiously long in order not to pull on bottom out. The internal dropper routing holds water after a bike wash or a rainy ride (isn't it always raining in the pnw? How did that one get overlooked). and lastly the pivots loosen every lift served day at least once no matter how much locktite I use, and yes they are torqued to spec. Just seems a bit ridiculous for such an expensive frame.

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 10:46 Quote
funumbulum wrote:
Has anyone else just had tons of problems with their patrol carbon? I love the way it rides, just seems like its built poorly and they didn't think of a lot of things when designing it.

My problems are mostly that I went through a set of bearings already and its only been 2 months, seems like they shipped without any greese at all. The cables under the bb are obnoxiously long in order not to pull on bottom out. The internal dropper routing holds water after a bike wash or a rainy ride (isn't it always raining in the pnw? How did that one get overlooked). and lastly the pivots loosen every lift served day at least once no matter how much locktite I use, and yes they are torqued to spec. Just seems a bit ridiculous for such an expensive frame.

I don't have the carbon patrol but I have similar problems. The bearings are known to wear out extremely fast but transition will only offer you a discount on a new set. Mine lasted me roughly 2 months as well.

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 10:50 Quote
I don't think carbon has any place in mountain biking. Just broke my carbon rim which confirms what i thought: carbon fibre is shit & Im never goung to buy anything carbon.

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034546
Mobile Version of Website