Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Oct 14, 2017 at 22:37 Quote
Question for you guys then, how many tokens can you run in the super deluxe? Have tried to find the answer online but no dice.

Posted: Oct 14, 2017 at 23:27 Quote
s-mcphee wrote:
Question for you guys then, how many tokens can you run in the super deluxe? Have tried to find the answer online but no dice.
It is 3 or 2 plus the special larger token. Is in the service guide which you can download from the rockshox site.

Posted: Oct 15, 2017 at 13:54 Quote
What bottle cages and tool setups are you guys running? I've been using camelbaks and evoc packs ever since but fancy a bottle cage setup for shorter blasts.

Do i go co2 and a tube or pump? Where do i get those velcro strap things to go full enduro etc blah blah? I take it i can fit this all to y medium patrol?

Cheers

Posted: Oct 15, 2017 at 15:02 Quote
CHRISSYWADDLE wrote:
What bottle cages and tool setups are you guys running? I've been using camelbaks and evoc packs ever since but fancy a bottle cage setup for shorter blasts.

Do i go co2 and a tube or pump? Where do i get those velcro strap things to go full enduro etc blah blah? I take it i can fit this all to y medium patrol?

Cheers

http://backcountryresearch.com/

I've been meaning to order a strap for myself, seen a lot of people use these and they do look sick.

Posted: Oct 15, 2017 at 16:47 Quote
Anyone know if you can slam a 150 fox transfer in a large carbon patrol?

Posted: Oct 15, 2017 at 16:51 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
Anyone know if you can slam a 150 fox transfer in a large carbon patrol?
It fit in my patrol xl. I can try and see if itll fit in my dads L frame. Pretty sure it would.

Posted: Oct 15, 2017 at 21:19 Quote
A revive 160mm even fits in my M patrol with a 176cm Rider only

Posted: Oct 15, 2017 at 22:05 Quote
Thanks. I ended up going with the 150 but I won't be installing it until my Wolf Tooth remote shows up. Turbine is going in the dumpster!

Posted: Oct 15, 2017 at 23:06 Quote
For short rides I run a water bottle, a big one just fits my medium. For tools I run a small tool pouch and a co2, no spare tube, but a tubeless plug. Either in my shorts pocket or in the pockets of my alpine Aragon back protector. Works very well.

For all day epics I run my camelbak kudu.

Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 0:25 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
Thanks. I ended up going with the 150 but I won't be installing it until my Wolf Tooth remote shows up. Turbine is going in the dumpster!
that setup cant get better. I have the wolf tooth on the transfer, and that setup is insane. it feels so nice and works really well. I love mine, and after trying the 1x remote on the reverb (which felt like absolute trash) im happy i made the switch to fox.

Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 0:29 Quote
So guys, I need your advice:

I'm (6"1 / 185cm) riding a 2016 Patrol in L, 50mm stem, 170mm Fox for 2 years now; in the meantime I sat on many other bikes, especially those with longer reach etc. and I'm tending more and more to a bike with longer reach because I feel more comfortable on this (especially when descending).

I've compared the geo chart of the 2016er L with the 16/17er XL and with the new 18er L,The 18er looks pretty interesting but I wanna keep all parts, especially the fox and I guess the new SBG only makes sense with a new fork with less offset?

Has anyone sized up from L to XL? Or from L to a bigger frame from another company? Any advices or suggestions? IGo for 17er XL with 35/40mm stem or the 18er model? Or another brand?
thanks!

Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 0:33 Quote
clemsi wrote:
So guys, I need your advice:

I'm (6"1 / 185cm) riding a 2016 Patrol in L, 50mm stem, 170mm Fox for 2 years now; in the meantime I sat on many other bikes, especially those with longer reach etc. and I'm tending more and more to a bike with longer reach because I feel more comfortable on this (especially when descending).

I've compared the geo chart of the 2016er L with the 16/17er XL and with the new 18er L,The 18er looks pretty intereseting but I wanna keep all parts, especially the fox and I guess the new SBG only makes sense with a new fork with less offset?

Has anyone sized up from L to XL? Or from L to a bigger frame from another company? Any advices or suggestions? IGo for 17er XL with 35/40mm stem or the 18er model? Or another brand?
thanks!
I actually did exactly that. I went from a large to an Extra Large. My large had a 50mm stem, and my extra large is running a 35mm stem. The change is nice, and I love the bike. only other difference is the 170mm fork I have on the XL compared to the L with the 160mm fork, but i think that make a major different. I'd do it if I were you.

Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 1:28 Quote
thanks for your response @Niko182

They (TR) say that the new SBG Bikes will feel the same regarding the size- means if someone feels comfortable on a 17er L mit 50mm stem than the 18er L with 35/40mm stem is the right choice.
But since 35mm is the limit of stem length I guess the 18er XL with 35mm could be a bit too long compared to a 17er XL with the same stem.
If I could only test ride them I could eleminate the last doubts...

What's your height Niko, and how does the feeling of the ride changes for you when sizing up?

Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 1:28 Quote
raisincrunch wrote:
CHRISSYWADDLE wrote:

Cheers

I've been meaning to order a strap for myself, seen a lot of people use these and they do look sick.

Cheers mate, now i need to find some in the UK

Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 2:11 Quote
CHRISSYWADDLE wrote:
raisincrunch wrote:
CHRISSYWADDLE wrote:

Cheers

Cheers mate, now i need to find some in the UK

I've got a couple of these which work well:

http://www.xcracer.com/shop/viewproduct.php?productid=205

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017238
Mobile Version of Website