Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Author Message
Posted: Oct 23, 2017 at 5:28 Quote
wordy1979 wrote:
Ive had 4 Patrols in total and 1st 3 were mediums. The one that I have now is a 2017 model in large what a difference. Just fell in love again!!! Lol.
The stability is insane and it still has that poppy playful feel. WIN WIN.

What's your height? Maybe I'll size up from L to XL at 6'1, but their are no "old" XLs available at the moment and a 18 demands a new fork to work properly (TR said).

Posted: Oct 23, 2017 at 5:32 Quote
TwoWheelMike wrote:
Was at the transition warehouse last Friday. Definitely have stock coming in. I saw a box with the sentinel logo on the side, but sometimes it can take a little while to divvy out the bikes and get orders sent off. It's a small operation.

Nice, keep us posted if you hear/see anything else from TR!

Posted: Oct 23, 2017 at 8:09 Quote
Looks like they are being put to pasture already:

http://m.vitalmtb.com/community/khairul84,42798/setup,35513?mobile=true

Posted: Oct 23, 2017 at 8:19 Quote
clemsi wrote:
wordy1979 wrote:
Ive had 4 Patrols in total and 1st 3 were mediums. The one that I have now is a 2017 model in large what a difference. Just fell in love again!!! Lol.
The stability is insane and it still has that poppy playful feel. WIN WIN.

What's your height? Maybe I'll size up from L to XL at 6'1, but their are no "old" XLs available at the moment and a 18 demands a new fork to work properly (TR said).

Im 5ft 9 and a bit.

Posted: Oct 23, 2017 at 23:43 Quote
RNeves wrote:
Looks like they are being put to pasture already:

http://m.vitalmtb.com/community/khairul84,42798/setup,35513?mobile=true

yeah loving this bike!!
lost for words.. its amazing

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 1:34 Quote
What length cranks are you guys running on your medium patrols? Mine came with 175mm and seem to get quite a few pedal strikes. Does a 170mm make much of difference to this and pedalling?

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 2:23 Quote
khairulashab wrote:
RNeves wrote:
Looks like they are being put to pasture already:

http://m.vitalmtb.com/community/khairul84,42798/setup,35513?mobile=true

yeah loving this bike!!
lost for words.. its amazing

Waiting for mine to come mid November!

Tell us how it rides, and how it compares with the previous model!

Cheers

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 4:27 Quote
CHRISSYWADDLE wrote:
What length cranks are you guys running on your medium patrols? Mine came with 175mm and seem to get quite a few pedal strikes. Does a 170mm make much of difference to this and pedalling?

I've got a large Scout with 170's, a hardtail with 175's and a road bike with 172.5's, can't tell any difference to be honest.

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 4:43 Quote
CHRISSYWADDLE wrote:
What length cranks are you guys running on your medium patrols? Mine came with 175mm and seem to get quite a few pedal strikes. Does a 170mm make much of difference to this and pedalling?

Can't compare as I've only ever had 170s on my 16 Patrol but yes lots of pedal strikes.

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 5:52 Quote
I know 5mm isn't much just wondered if it's worth changing...probably not for the cost!!

Cheers veero/fathomer

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 6:03 Quote
veero wrote:
CHRISSYWADDLE wrote:
What length cranks are you guys running on your medium patrols? Mine came with 175mm and seem to get quite a few pedal strikes. Does a 170mm make much of difference to this and pedalling?

Can't compare as I've only ever had 170s on my 16 Patrol but yes lots of pedal strikes.
I swapped 175 to 170 on a previous bike and it made a big difference with pedal strikes..then i got my Scout and the strikes got REALLY bad...so I opted to increase fork from 140 to 150 and that was the remedy for me

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 6:15 Quote
165mm cranks for me gone from 170’s

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 7:00 Quote
Do you guys really pedal everywhere?
I mean, at the beginning, yes, I had pedal strikes here and there, but after while I got used to it (BB height) and knew where to pedal and where not.

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 7:40 Quote
Climbing is where I notice the improvement and cornering also

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 7:42 Quote
Unless you're dying to spend money then training your pedalling habits is much more beneficial than shortening cranks!


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016743
Mobile Version of Website