Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 8:27 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:
Unless you're dying to spend money then training your pedalling habits is much more beneficial than shortening cranks!

I won't be buying another set of cranks. I'm massively unfit at the minute too so that doesn't help.

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 9:23 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:
Unless you're dying to spend money then training your pedalling habits is much more beneficial than shortening cranks!
For real people, put your pedal up when approaching tall rocks.

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 10:03 Quote
Just picked up my 2018 Patrol 3 Size Large, it's a beast of a bike. Only had one ride so far but I'm incredibly impressed with how quickly and easily it initiates turns in quick sections, it's very nimble for a longer bike. By the time I was thinking about turning, the bike had already done the work for me and I was pedaling on thinking "wow" that was so much easier than I remembered it being. The climbing position felt dead on too, smooth and super efficient. So far I am beyond impressed with the ride and the quality of the bike! It's built to last for sure.

The only cons I can come up with are more of personal preference and related to the local area I ride.

The plunger type remote on the reverb is just awkward in my opinion, I'll be switching that out for a wolf tooth remote ASAP if it's compatible.

(The low BB height)
I'm coming off a bike with a pretty high BB by today's standards "approx 348". I could easily almost free peadal over rock/root strewn sections without giving up any momentum and I loved that. This bike is a whole different world in that respect, I was hitting my pedals on all over the place. I know it will just take some time to get accustomed to for New England riding, but honestly I wish they had gone a hair higher on the BB height or give us a "New England Package" for god sake lol. I dont wanna stop pedaling every 10 seconds or have to ratchet pedal in the middle of a rock and root strewn technical climb.

Personal Rant over!
I'll figure out how to ride differently, I just wish I didn't have to.

The other geometry changes (SBG) that were made feel amazing so far. I think they definitely nailed it! I can't wait to get back out and see what else this bike can do.

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 10:25 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
Bromaphobe wrote:
lol

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 13:22 Quote
Jasonterry002000 wrote:
Just picked up my 2018 Patrol 3 Size Large, it's a beast of a bike. Only had one ride so far but I'm incredibly impressed with how quickly and easily it initiates turns in quick sections, it's very nimble for a longer bike. By the time I was thinking about turning, the bike had already done the work for me and I was pedaling on thinking "wow" that was so much easier than I remembered it being. The climbing position felt dead on too, smooth and super efficient. So far I am beyond impressed with the ride and the quality of the bike! It's built to last for sure.

The only cons I can come up with are more of personal preference and related to the local area I ride.

The plunger type remote on the reverb is just awkward in my opinion, I'll be switching that out for a wolf tooth remote ASAP if it's compatible.

(The low BB height)
I'm coming off a bike with a pretty high BB by today's standards "approx 348". I could easily almost free peadal over rock/root strewn sections without giving up any momentum and I loved that. This bike is a whole different world in that respect, I was hitting my pedals on all over the place. I know it will just take some time to get accustomed to for New England riding, but honestly I wish they had gone a hair higher on the BB height or give us a "New England Package" for god sake lol. I dont wanna stop pedaling every 10 seconds or have to ratchet pedal in the middle of a rock and root strewn technical climb.

Personal Rant over!

The other geometry changes (SBG) that were made feel amazing so far. I think they definitely nailed it! I can't wait to get back out and see what else this bike can do.

I hit so much stuff I never knew existed on my usual trails once I got on my Scout, and like others have stated, you can just "relearn" some pedaling habits but in my opinion the bike is so low and my area has so many roots/rocks that it just wasn't worth wasting all that time and either swapping to shorter cranks or increase fork travel(what I did), is a faster/easier remedy. The increased 10mm on my fork helped me fly again Nice Patrol!!

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 13:44 Quote
Lfcrik wrote:
165mm cranks for me gone from 170’s
Who makes 165 cranks, what brand?
Im wondering if that may help my knee issues

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 13:45 Quote
Jasonterry002000 wrote:

(The low BB height)

Personal Rant over!

Mint can't wait for mine next month. Just borrowed a TR500 to take on holiday which im looking forward to testing

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 13:57 Quote
rhyssutton wrote:
Lfcrik wrote:
165mm cranks for me gone from 170’s
Who makes 165 cranks, what brand?
Im wondering if that may help my knee issues

xt and some raceface units come in 165mm. mine are xt

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 14:23 Quote
Most cranks come in 165mm?

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 19:00 Quote
Pedal strikes are kill.

Posted: Oct 25, 2017 at 0:37 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:

nope

Posted: Oct 25, 2017 at 1:00 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
Bromaphobe wrote:

That's the thing there's no tall rocks where i ride just c!nting routes. I must pedal that strong that i strike the ground on a flat Really Mad

Posted: Oct 25, 2017 at 1:02 Quote
Jasonterry002000 wrote:

(The low BB height)

Personal Rant over!

It's nice of them to pick a nice green the year after i buy mine, FFS.

That looks great

Posted: Oct 25, 2017 at 1:30 Quote
poah wrote:
Bromaphobe wrote:

nope

Most SRAM raceface and shimano’s do though? As long as it’s a more gravity based product it will!

Posted: Oct 25, 2017 at 2:17 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:
poah wrote:
Bromaphobe wrote:

nope

Most SRAM raceface and shimano’s do though? As long as it’s a more gravity based product it will!

And hope

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.035936
Mobile Version of Website