Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Jan 8, 2018 at 21:52 Quote
TwoWheelMike wrote:
My buddy who ordered a Med Patrol is only 5'6" but he runs it with a 35mm stem and the reverb is slammed as low as possible.

2018?

Posted: Jan 8, 2018 at 21:58 Quote
chunter wrote:
TwoWheelMike wrote:
My buddy who ordered a Med Patrol is only 5'6" but he runs it with a 35mm stem and the reverb is slammed as low as possible.

2018?

Yes Sir!

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 0:43 Quote
tricyclerider wrote:
RNeves wrote:
Since we're posting pictures of our bikes, here's mine:

Stock GX Eagle build with DMR V12's.... For now...

what size did you go with? What’s the standover like? I’m ordering one next week I think thinking medium but maybe small. I’m a 5’7 inch fella.
Size M

I'm a touch under 31 inseam. I have about 25mm from the reverb collar to the frame.

The bike feels shorter when sitting, bur it kinda works for me as I prefer to climb with my back on a more vertical position. On my previous bike I had some back pain on longer climbs and now I don't.

Go with what you normally use! Don't downsize, reach is long, but you only notice it when standing. Top tube is what counts when you are sitting on the saddle

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 3:26 Quote
Another tweak to mine...

Swapped the Yaris for some Mattoc Pro's which I'm now running at 150mm. In addition it's now got a 35mm stem. All I'm wiaitng for now is my Ti Spring to arrive.

So, far I'm liking the tweaks I've made - the forks are a big improvement so far.

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 4:33 Quote
I know you're all talking about Patrol's but here's my Scout which I'm still loving.

The Next SL cranks are about to be replaced under warranty for a third time with some Next R's but apart from that and maybe some stealth decals, not planning on changing anything. Oh and I added a Reverb 1x at Christmas which is very nice.

I'd loosely contemplated a 2018 but the 2lb weight increase has put me off to be honest. It's not a light bike as it is, daft I know.

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 4:45 Quote
fat-homer wrote:
I know you're all talking about Patrol's but here's my Scout which I'm still loving.

The Next SL cranks are about to be replaced under warranty for a third time with some Next R's but apart from that and maybe some stealth decals, not planning on changing anything. Oh and I added a Reverb 1x at Christmas which is very nice.

I'd loosely contemplated a 2018 but the 2lb weight increase has put me off to be honest. It's not a light bike as it is, daft I know.

Looks Sweet!
Don't worry, this thread is as much about Scouts as it is about Patrols! Big Grin

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 4:50 Quote
Can you elaborate on the issues with the cranks

fat-homer wrote:
The Next SL cranks are about to be replaced under warranty for a third time

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 4:51 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
fat-homer wrote:

Looks Sweet!
Don't worry, this thread is as much about Scouts as it is about Patrols! Big Grin

Really enjoying my Scout too - it is a bit of a porker though, the 2018 versions must be right fatties!

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 5:01 Quote
mindmap3 wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
fat-homer wrote:

Looks Sweet!

Really enjoying my Scout too - it is a bit of a porker though, the 2018 versions must be right fatties!

Wow! you are not wrong, the '18 Scout NX build is 14.8kg, even the X01 bike is 14.15kg! Eek

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 5:06 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
mindmap3 wrote:
wythall1 wrote:

Looks Sweet!

Wow! you are not wrong, the '18 Scout NX build is 14.8kg, even the X01 bike is 14.15kg! Eek

Onik! Oink! Big Grin

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 5:53 Quote
Pigs do have fun in the slop

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 5:54 Quote
As stated on raceface's website the next sl g4 is 'Built for Xc Race / Trail'

It might be light and stiff but its weak as hell, I've seen tonnes of cases of warranty turned down because theyve been used on all mountain/enduro bikes

That being said they never warrantied my Sixc cinch cranks when used on less than aggressive terrain, RF (Silverfish) warranty sucks

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 6:09 Quote
Here's mine back in the summer out in Pila. Haven't been riding much lately due to a second baby but hopefully soon. BPW in feb.

Haven't changed/added anything from the original build other than mudguard and brake pads.

Transition Patrol 2017

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 6:34 Quote
Thanks everyone Big Grin

Bluewater87 wrote:
Can you elaborate on the issues with the cranks

fat-homer wrote:
The Next SL cranks are about to be replaced under warranty for a third time

Loose pedal inserts every time.

Bromaphobe wrote:
As stated on raceface's website the next sl g4 is 'Built for Xc Race / Trail'

It might be light and stiff but its weak as hell, I've seen tonnes of cases of warranty turned down because theyve been used on all mountain/enduro bikes

That being said they never warrantied my Sixc cinch cranks when used on less than aggressive terrain, RF (Silverfish) warranty sucks

Mine where g3's and when purchased said 'Built for Xc Race / Trail / Enduro'.

Silverfish have been great, first time I've been to them direct and they've turned them around in less than a week. They also sorted a delivery issue out before Christmas by re-sending an order that Royal Fail lost on an overnight delivery.

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 8:19 Quote
mindmap3 wrote:
Another tweak to mine...

Swapped the Yaris for some Mattoc Pro's which I'm now running at 150mm. In addition it's now got a 35mm stem. All I'm wiaitng for now is my Ti Spring to arrive.

So, far I'm liking the tweaks I've made - the forks are a big improvement so far.
[/PI]

do you have the IRT in the mattoc's?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024668
Mobile Version of Website