Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 8:51 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
fat-homer wrote:
I know you're all talking about Patrol's but here's my Scout which I'm still loving.

The Next SL cranks are about to be replaced under warranty for a third time with some Next R's but apart from that and maybe some stealth decals, not planning on changing anything. Oh and I added a Reverb 1x at Christmas which is very nice.

I'd loosely contemplated a 2018 but the 2lb weight increase has put me off to be honest. It's not a light bike as it is, daft I know.

photo

Looks Sweet!
Don't worry, this thread is as much about Scouts as it is about Patrols! Big Grin

Yeah, that's a sick looking build!

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 12:03 Quote

40 seconds off fun, the most fun Ive had on my bike riding laps on laps of this track!

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 13:10 Quote
poah wrote:
mindmap3 wrote:
Another tweak to mine...

Swapped the Yaris for some Mattoc Pro's which I'm now running at 150mm. In addition it's now got a 35mm stem. All I'm wiaitng for now is my Ti Spring to arrive.

So, far I'm liking the tweaks I've made - the forks are a big improvement so far.
[/PI]

do you have the IRT in the mattoc's?

Not yet. It’s s in the list at some point because those who have fitted love it.

To be honest, I’m really happy with the forks. The new seals help to make them plush but I like the idea of being able to run low pressure in the main chamber but then use the IRT to provide some midstroke support. They’re good forks and pretty underrated.

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 19:17 Quote
conv3rt wrote:
MikeSchasch wrote:
What do folks think about replacing pivot hardwear and/or bearings?

I've got a 2016 that I've ridden quite a bit in the past couple years (maybe 1000 miles each year?). Everything from dusty DH to Moab rock smashing. Not sure if I notice a difference in performance, but its been a while and I'm not sure if I could tell at this point.
Remove the shock and cycle the links. Any resistance and it’s time for service. For what it’s worth it’s a good idea from time to time anyway. You want the best out of your damper and bike. This is one part of the system that needs occasional maintenance. Your bearings probably owe you nothing at this point

Thanks for the info. If I'm going to replace the bearings, should I also be replacing the pivot/linkage hardware?

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 20:16 Quote
MikeSchasch wrote:
conv3rt wrote:
MikeSchasch wrote:
What do folks think about replacing pivot hardwear and/or bearings?

I've got a 2016 that I've ridden quite a bit in the past couple years (maybe 1000 miles each year?). Everything from dusty DH to Moab rock smashing. Not sure if I notice a difference in performance, but its been a while and I'm not sure if I could tell at this point.
Remove the shock and cycle the links. Any resistance and it’s time for service. For what it’s worth it’s a good idea from time to time anyway. You want the best out of your damper and bike. This is one part of the system that needs occasional maintenance. Your bearings probably owe you nothing at this point

Thanks for the info. If I'm going to replace the bearings, should I also be replacing the pivot/linkage hardware?
While you have the shock off you can check the spacers and DU bushings for burrs but I’ve never had issues. They usually don’t rotate that far.

Posted: Jan 10, 2018 at 1:18 Quote
mindmap3 wrote:

Not yet. It’s s in the list at some point because those who have fitted love it.

To be honest, I’m really happy with the forks. The new seals help to make them plush but I like the idea of being able to run low pressure in the main chamber but then use the IRT to provide some midstroke support. They’re good forks and pretty underrated.

I've got the IRT chamber in mine but still got the older seals.

Posted: Jan 10, 2018 at 2:19 Quote
poah wrote:
mindmap3 wrote:

I've got the IRT chamber in mine but still got the older seals.

What do you think of the IRT?

Are you running yours at 140 or 150mm?

A dude on MTBR raves about the new seals - I'm pretty sure that there is less friction because the lowers popped on with amazing ease compared to the previous Mattocs I've had.

Posted: Jan 10, 2018 at 11:20 Quote
160 on my suppressor - I like the IRT, the fork appears to have more stupport compared to my old pikes. Not as sensitive as the pikes which is probably down to the crap seals.

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2018 at 17:35 Quote
2017 Carbon Patrol
Pic of my Carbon Patrol with some new goodies: shock, post, wheels, crank, brakes.

Posted: Jan 11, 2018 at 4:09 Quote
I may or may it have ordered a small scout for my eldest to replace his ripcord. Will be running 26inch wheels and a 160 pike from my hard tail

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 at 3:11 Quote
I've just fitted new main bearings to my carbon patrol, the collet bearing. The swing arm doesn't fit snugly over the bearings, there is some side to side play, about hmm. When I tighten the main bolt to 19 nm, the bearing goes really notchy there isn't a spacer here that I've lost is there?

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 at 9:17 Quote
notphaedrus wrote:
I've just fitted new main bearings to my carbon patrol, the collet bearing. The swing arm doesn't fit snugly over the bearings, there is some side to side play, about hmm. When I tighten the main bolt to 19 nm, the bearing goes really notchy there isn't a spacer here that I've lost is there?

Interesting! All that I can suggest is start with the TR exploded veiw diagram and compare with whatr you have.

https://www.transitionbikes.com/PDF/2017FrameExplode_PatrolCarbon1_2.pdf

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 at 9:24 Quote
Hi Guys

Looking at a Transition Sentinel - have any of you guys gone for an NX build? GX is sold out Frown Also, I'm 5' 10", I'm thinking M but will be demoing a L soon with a bit of luck!

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 at 9:27 Quote
SamDF wrote:
Hi Guys

Looking at a Transition Sentinel - have any of you guys gone for an NX build? GX is sold out Frown Also, I'm 5' 10", I'm thinking M but will be demoing a L soon with a bit of luck!

Are there any frame sets available? I personally always buy my TR frames and build to my spec.

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 at 10:30 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
SamDF wrote:
Hi Guys

Are there any frame sets available? I personally always buy my TR frames and build to my spec.

That's what I did on my Sentinel, much better spec than the XO1 and about the same price

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014717
Mobile Version of Website