Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, has yours been delivered yet? Giddy Up!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, has yours been delivered yet? Giddy Up!
Posted: Jul 8, 2018 at 8:19 Quote
wrote:
I used Jasco, you can buy it anywhere. Don’t know how it could damage the frame, but maybe they know something I don’t
did you completely disassemble the frame to strip it?

Posted: Jul 8, 2018 at 11:16 Quote
Yes, Jasco would destroy the seals on the bearings I think

Posted: Jul 8, 2018 at 14:36 Quote
Is that the finish the Jasco produced? No polishing or buffing?

Posted: Jul 8, 2018 at 14:38 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
Is that the finish the Jasco produced? No polishing or buffing?

Minimal buffing with steel wool. That’s a bad picture, the sun is hitting it perfectly to make it look likes it’s polished

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 3:39 Quote
Thought i'd give the mutherload strap a go with a bottle for those shorter summer rides, saves taking a bag. Couldn't get a black/camo strap so went with pink to match the marsh guard!

So far so good, bottle came off once on a jump. Bit tight on the medium frame though, i need to sort the tube rolling out. Where the fcuk do i put the multi tool?!

Transition Patrol 2017

Transition Patrol 2017

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 6:25 Quote
I bought a specific multi tool as it's a flat credit card shape - I roll into into the tube

Mutherload strap holds:
Light weight 'emergency' tube wrapped round an Alpkit Love Mud Trailside 16 tool
Wolf Components maserlink pliers on the side
Micro pump

I reckon that will get me out of everything common and with a Huck Norris in the rear the chances of needing the tube have gone down too.

For the bottle I use a cage and a small bottle.
Elite Cannibal cage and a Camelbak Podium bottle - the small bottle stays put even flat out through Peak District rocks so far.

Perfect for local rides where I'm not far away. I'll probably pack some/all of this for Bikepark Wales too.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 7:32 Quote
CHRISSYWADDLE wrote:
Thought i'd give the mutherload strap a go with a bottle for those shorter summer rides, saves taking a bag. Couldn't get a black/camo strap so went with pink to match the marsh guard!

So far so good, bottle came off once on a jump. Bit tight on the medium frame though, i need to sort the tube rolling out. Where the fcuk do i put the multi tool?!

Transition Patrol 2017

Transition Patrol 2017

I lost my fabric bottle at bpw and it split, however a few of my mates run them and said to tighten the mounts until they start to split and it gives them a much better hold. Don’t hold me to it though!

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 8:26 Quote
nealy578 wrote:
CHRISSYWADDLE wrote:

Transition Patrol 2017

Transition Patrol 2017

I lost my fabric bottle at bpw and it split, however a few of my mates run them and said to tighten the mounts until they start to split and it gives them a much better hold. Don’t hold me to it though!

I did start to over tighten one of the mounts and it flared out so just caught it in time.

I'm off to bike park wales this sunday but will take a bag rather than this setup. Not sure i trust it to hold.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 14:10 Quote
CHRISSYWADDLE wrote:
nealy578 wrote:
CHRISSYWADDLE wrote:

Transition Patrol 2017

Transition Patrol 2017

I did start to over tighten one of the mounts and it flared out so just caught it in time.

I'm off to bike park wales this sunday but will take a bag rather than this setup. Not sure i trust it to hold.
i run it under the downtube on my Scout, and between the shock and bottle on my L Patrol.
Fabric bottles are useless, i use a dida road cage now, i got sick of them flying off.
EDC in the headset, job done

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 15:25 Quote
I've got a Syncros Matchbox. Waterbottle cage, pump and multi-tool all in one job. Saying that, I am on an XL.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 21:09 Quote
EDC in the steerer for me as well. ran a bottle at angel fire last weekend, but I filled it up at the bottom, drained it before I got on the trails, didn't trust it to stay with water. Tube is rolled up above the shock, seems almost like they designed that space to work for a tube on the 2018.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 21:14 Quote
Those Fabric bottles just don't work properly imo. Caged systems are way better.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 1:47 Quote
Yeah an EDC would be the ideal but i wanted to try this on a budget for now, hence the fabric bottle aswell. I'll upgrade as i go.

Will check out the syncros matchbox ChrisTunn

pigman65 wrote:
CHRISSYWADDLE wrote:
nealy578 wrote:

i run it under the downtube on my Scout, and between the shock and bottle on my L Patrol.
Fabric bottles are useless, i use a dida road cage now, i got sick of them flying off.
EDC in the headset, job done

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 3:50 Quote
ChrisTunn wrote:
I've got a Syncros Matchbox. Waterbottle cage, pump and multi-tool all in one job. Saying that, I am on an XL.

Is there any scope for a different pump on the Matchbox? The reviews certainly say the Syncros pump is a bit asthmatic, plus I've already got a Lezyne.

I imagine this setup could be a bit pushed for space on a Medium Patrol too Frown

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
veero wrote:
ChrisTunn wrote:

Is there any scope for a different pump on the Matchbox? The reviews certainly say the Syncros pump is a bit asthmatic, plus I've already got a Lezyne.

I imagine this setup could be a bit pushed for space on a Medium Patrol too Frown

You can buy it without the pump so I presume so, I just got it with as my pump had recently broke anyway. No harm in buying and trying I suppose.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026503
Mobile Version of Website