Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Dec 5, 2018 at 3:32 Quote
They 'set it up' and it has a sticker on it refering to a custom tune. I'm not sure what they did exactly but I bolted it on and it was awesome. I added 10psi and 1 click of LSC and it was great. Instantly more control and comfort and more speed through fast rocks.

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 11:15 Quote
gravityslaves wrote:
They 'set it up' and it has a sticker on it refering to a custom tune. I'm not sure what they did exactly but I bolted it on and it was awesome. I added 10psi and 1 click of LSC and it was great. Instantly more control and comfort and more speed through fast rocks.

I just got my shock (DPX 2) and fork (36 elite) back from service and tuning. The difference in small bump sensitivity and overall traction and control is instantly noticeable . I had my mind set on upgrading the rear shock but now I`m glad I did not and instead decided for a tune up and service.

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 12:38 Quote
Hey guys! This is a photo of my 2016 TR Patrol. Smile

Ready to ride

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 13:41 Quote
local29 wrote:
Hey guys! This is a photo of my 2016 TR Patrol. Smile

Ready to ride

Very nicetup

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2018 at 15:28 Quote
Guys that have tried different sized spacers on their DPX2- I found this on Fox's site and it shows that anything larger than the stock spacer is not recommended..or is the stock spacer 0.6"

photo

Posted: Dec 14, 2018 at 16:17 Quote
ehfour wrote:
Guys that have tried different sized spacers on their DPX2- I found this on Fox's site and it shows that anything larger than the stock spacer is not recommended..or is the stock spacer 0.6"

My Scout had the .6.

If you punch in the code in the product lookup page, Fox will tell you everything about the custom tune. From what I'm seeing, these shocks are medium/medium tunes and each one has a different spacer depending on travel

Posted: Dec 15, 2018 at 16:49 Quote
Here's my Sentinel Cool

Specs:
2018 Carbon Sentinel, GX (medium)

Tires: WTB 2.5 Vigilante, Tough/High Grip (front) / WTB 2.4 Trailboss, Tough/Fast Rolling
Wheels: Light Bicycles Carbon (33 mm internal width)
Hubs: Hope Pro 4
Stem: Thompson Elite X4 (40mm)
Bars: Enve RSR (760mm)
Shock: Push Industries ElevenSix, it's a loaner Frown

photo

Posted: Dec 16, 2018 at 0:41 Quote
crustpizza wrote:
Here's my Sentinel Cool

Specs:
2018 Carbon Sentinel, GX (medium)

Tires: WTB 2.5 Vigilante, Tough/High Grip (front) / WTB 2.4 Trailboss, Tough/Fast Rolling
Wheels: Light Bicycles Carbon (33 mm internal width)
Hubs: Hope Pro 4
Stem: Thompson Elite X4 (40mm)
Bars: Enve RSR (760mm)
Shock: Push Industries ElevenSix, it's a loaner Frown

photo

Do you like the coil ?

Posted: Dec 16, 2018 at 13:13 Quote
Definitely! It eats up the small bumps and is incredibly stable when things get real rough and rowdy. The Sentinel already is a really planted bike so it's a total monster truck with the coil. It does sacrifice climbing ability and nimbleness and playfulness, but not so much that it's completely gone. The Push 11-6 is really heavy, so I did feel that. Even though I like it, I wouldn't buy this coil. Based on talking to people at the shop, the DHX2 will do all of those things for much less money. The DPX2 is still a great shock so I'll stick with it for a while. I haven't ridden it since I returned the coil so it will be interesting to see what differences I notice.

Posted: Dec 16, 2018 at 13:37 Quote
jlf1200 wrote:
ehfour wrote:

My Scout had the .6.

If you punch in the code in the product lookup page, Fox will tell you everything about the custom tune. From what I'm seeing, these shocks are medium/medium tunes and each one has a different spacer depending on travel

It's interesting to note that the stock spacer for the patrol ends up with an extremely high compression ratio, over 4. I wish I could find the math to apply that to the leverage curve to determine what the final progressivity is, but I'd guess it ends up pretty high.

FWIW, my read on my Patrol's shock wasn't that it needed more progression, but that the midstroke was too soft, which is often the case with too much spacer installed. I've stepped down one spacer size, and initial impression was favorable, but I need more time on it to really decide.

Posted: Dec 16, 2018 at 22:24 Quote
groghunter wrote:
It's interesting to note that the stock spacer for the patrol ends up with an extremely high compression ratio, over 4. I wish I could find the math to apply that to the leverage curve to determine what the final progressivity is, but I'd guess it ends up pretty high.

FWIW, my read on my Patrol's shock wasn't that it needed more progression, but that the midstroke was too soft, which is often the case with too much spacer installed. I've stepped down one spacer size, and initial impression was favorable, but I need more time on it to really decide.

Hmm, I am also feeling a bit of wallow in the mid. Did you need to lower your pressure after changing the spacer? Did you stick with the same sag value as before?

Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 9:06 Quote
Hi everyone about to pull the trigger on a 2019 sage Patrol frame. At 176cm in height 32 inside leg which frame would be best? I’m currently on a large 2017 carbon Patrol. Thanks.

Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 13:40 Quote
wordy1979 wrote:
Hi everyone about to pull the trigger on a 2019 sage Patrol frame. At 176cm in height 32 inside leg which frame would be best? I’m currently on a large 2017 carbon Patrol. Thanks.

The reach and wheelbase of a 2019 medium almost match the '17 large.

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 14:19 Quote
Thinking about a coil for my 17 Patrol, either the Jade or Super Deluxe. Thoughts?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015093
Mobile Version of Website