Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Jan 2, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
dunford wrote:
ibishreddin wrote:
My sentinel carbon might be cracked Frown middle of down tube right side to bottom. No difference in sound when tapping the area which is good. Had it shipped out and this is what I see when I take it out. Will upload pics soon.

Anyone ever crack their transition carbon frames? What the warranty is like?

I've just come here looking if anyone has experienced issues with the latest carbon Transitions.

I've got a 2019 carbon Patrol, had it 2 months and just spotted 2 cracks on the chainstay. One on the non-drive side is at least 20mm long, and the one on the drive-side about 8mm long.

Sad days, but hopefully their warranty process is as easy as they make out on the site. Just need to dig out my proof-of-purchase!

I'm sure that I read a page or two back that somebody has just cracked his second Sentinel (Carbon) frame.

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 0:11 Quote
dunford wrote:
ibishreddin wrote:
My sentinel carbon might be cracked Frown middle of down tube right side to bottom. No difference in sound when tapping the area which is good. Had it shipped out and this is what I see when I take it out. Will upload pics soon.

Anyone ever crack their transition carbon frames? What the warranty is like?

I've just come here looking if anyone has experienced issues with the latest carbon Transitions.

I've got a 2019 carbon Patrol, had it 2 months and just spotted 2 cracks on the chainstay. One on the non-drive side is at least 20mm long, and the one on the drive-side about 8mm long.

Sad days, but hopefully their warranty process is as easy as they make out on the site. Just need to dig out my proof-of-purchase!
Yes me. I've cracked a seat stay and chain stay on my 2017 carbon patrol. Had these replaced under warranty then a few months later found another crack in the new chain stay and one in the main frame. All replaced under warranty. I've stopped looking for cracks now. I think most people would find them in carbon bikes

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 19:33 Quote
To the Patrol owners out there that pedal and climb. What are some of you favorite/productive all mountain tire combos? Widths, brand and compounds please. Or a general answer works too. Thanks.

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 20:26 Quote
airtym wrote:
To the Patrol owners out there that pedal and climb. What are some of you favorite/productive all mountain tire combos? Widths, brand and compounds please. Or a general answer works too. Thanks.

for a front there are so many options. aggressor rear in 2.3 DD is my all time favorite rear tire. rolls fast, but grips well

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 20:33 Quote
airtym wrote:
Magic mary front and Hans dampf rear. both 27.5x2.35. the trailstar and pacestar compound.

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 21:57 Quote
E13 TRS+/Aggressor DD. Waiting for the Aggressor to die so I can try the E13 SS.

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 0:10 Quote
airtym wrote:

magic mary super soft front, agressor 3C DD rear or hans dampf soft super gravity rear. I ride loose soil & roots most year, so in the UK that can be mud!

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 0:59 Quote
Always ran dhf front& rear, super tacky on the front & 3c on the back 2.5 both ends , ran this combo for over 10 years & run it year round. Never had a need or want to change to anything else, it just works!

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 1:32 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
airtym wrote:
Magic mary front and Hans dampf rear. both 27.5x2.35. the trailstar and pacestar compound.

+1 but change the HD for a Rock Razor March to October.

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 4:07 Quote
Dhf 2.5 front, high roller 2.4 or dhr 2.4 year round. Aggressor 2.5 in for machine built stuff

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 4:08 Quote
I really am liking new high roller ll now.

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 4:42 Quote
Michelin Enduro Gum-x Front and Rear Combo 2.4 . Best all rounders ever , be it mud or marbles, you just have to adjust the pressure.

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 5:48 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
E13 TRS+/Aggressor DD. Waiting for the Aggressor to die so I can try the E13 SS.

I am sitting on a brand new TRS+ and was thinking about the SS too.

Just for giggles I mounted two 2.4 Ardents. For one, they roll fast. Two, almost no side grip. They have decent trail feel though and it can be fun getting sideways. Next combo I will try is a Rekon 2.6 in the front and the Ardent 2.4 on the rear.

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 12:38 Quote
I’ve been running 3C DHF’s and DHR’ since 2006. Now that I’m on a 29’r they are 2.5/2.4.

Haven’t found a good enough reason to change.

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 14:13 Quote
airtym wrote:

I'm running 2.3 DHF front, aggressor DD 2.3 rear. And it's awesome on long climbs and descents here in colorado.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010782
Mobile Version of Website