Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: May 6, 2019 at 13:46 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2556628/

BUY MINE!!

O+
Posted: May 7, 2019 at 21:31 Quote
Finally put some We Are One wheels on my patrol! Was sick and tired of going through rims hopefully this is the answer.
photo

O+
Posted: May 7, 2019 at 22:22 Quote
They look burly! Let me know how you find the ride quality compared to the stock rims Big Grin

tricyclerider wrote:
Finally put some We Are One wheels on my patrol! Was sick and tired of going through rims hopefully this is the answer.
photo

O+
Posted: May 7, 2019 at 22:30 Quote
gravity808 wrote:
They look burly! Let me know how you find the ride quality compared to the stock rims Big Grin

tricyclerider wrote:
photo
To be totally honest I destroyed the stock rear rim on my first really gnarly day riding. But the difference between carbon and alu seems pretty apparent to me especially under hard cornering they just hold on better and are more precise. Can’t seem to notice a big difference chatter wise which is probably a good thing since they don’t rattle my teeth loose. Will report back when I put more miles on them.

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 8:12 Quote
Stoked to get your long term thoughts. I have a set of WAOs coming for my Sentinel later in the month. I also blew up the rear rim and hub after 3 months. Probably should stop trying to cuttie lol.

tricyclerider wrote:
gravity808 wrote:

tricyclerider wrote:
photo
To be totally honest I destroyed the stock rear rim on my first really gnarly day riding. But the difference between carbon and alu seems pretty apparent to me especially under hard cornering they just hold on better and are more precise. Can’t seem to notice a big difference chatter wise which is probably a good thing since they don’t rattle my teeth loose. Will report back when I put more miles on them.

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 8:26 Quote
gravity808 wrote:
If you were to put a regular offset fork on the new '18 scout you would get a much more similiar feel out of it. Thats what I found on my sentinel before going back to a gen1 patrol. Can you try your NCR on the new scout? May be just the feeling your looking for...cheers

groghunter wrote:
GlassGuy wrote:
Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone has been able to compare the '15 and '18 Scout and if so has any input.
I've been on a '15 for a while, sold my other bikes when I got it since I liked it so much and I recently got an '18 Scout.
I snapped the chainstay on the '15 three times and was told by the guys at Transition the third break, that the '18 is burlier and I'd be better off with that. So I got one at a good deal and decided I'd keep the '15 as my town basher/spare bike. I love the pop and lively, fun feel of the Scout I've been on and was hoping the '18 would retain that same life.
The bikes have different suspension...'15 has RS Monarch and Marz 350NCR at 150 travel
'18 has Fox DPX2 and Fox 36(these are definitely plusher)
The new frame is longer and a few geo changes.
I'm 6'4 but prefer a smaller frame so I'm on a Large.
The '15 has a 70mm stem and an offset dropper post to give me a little more stretch.
The '18 is longer so I have a 50mm stem and no offset on dropper.
'18 came with carbon wheels.

I took a fall into some rocks and injured my hand so my time on the '18 has been limited, but, it hasn't had that same feeling or comfort of the '15. I've increased pressure to get the suspension to react quicker, as the '18 feels more planted, solid, which is often seen as a good thing, but I am a fan of bouncing off anything I find.

I guess I'm curious if anyone has the same sort of feelings about the two...if there is a difference or if I just need to tweak some things. I was thinking about swapping the suspension just to see what would happen

i would recommend you swap to a smaller volume spacer in the dpx2.

Updating on the above comment about older vs. new Scouts and ride...I swapped out the new 18 Fox 36 and put on my Marz 350 NCR which has more offset/rake. As suggested the "lively" feel was back on the new Scout and now I'm searching for a fork to replace the 36.
What I'm finding is most 27.5 forks now have a 44mm offset, like the Fox I have. I'm not really liking where the bike industry seems to be going...everything seems to be about control and smoothness. I loved my earlier Scout because it felt so active and FUN. With the new one and the 36 fork it feels kind of dead, boring. Also, with using the larger offset fork I can use a shorter stem and I feel much more "at home" on the bike. Before I just couldn't get myself feeling settled...like I really belonged on it as compared to my older Scout. I think Transition has dropped the ball on the current set ups and how their presenting these bikes compared to before.

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 0:26 Quote
jackspice wrote:
Stoked to get your long term thoughts. I have a set of WAOs coming for my Sentinel later in the month. I also blew up the rear rim and hub after 3 months. Probably should stop trying to cuttie lol.

]
i did this with my pro2'slol

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 18:32 Quote
GlassGuy wrote:
Updating on the above comment about older vs. new Scouts and ride...I swapped out the new 18 Fox 36 and put on my Marz 350 NCR which has more offset/rake. As suggested the "lively" feel was back on the new Scout and now I'm searching for a fork to replace the 36.
What I'm finding is most 27.5 forks now have a 44mm offset, like the Fox I have. I'm not really liking where the bike industry seems to be going...everything seems to be about control and smoothness. I loved my earlier Scout because it felt so active and FUN. With the new one and the 36 fork it feels kind of dead, boring. Also, with using the larger offset fork I can use a shorter stem and I feel much more "at home" on the bike. Before I just couldn't get myself feeling settled...like I really belonged on it as compared to my older Scout. I think Transition has dropped the ball on the current set ups and how their presenting these bikes compared to before.
You're right that most 27.5" forks have a 44mm offset. But the forks specced on 27.5" SBG bikes (current Scout and Patrol) have a 37mm offset - like the old 26" forks. So it's very likely your Fox fork will have a 37mm offset. If you like the fork but not the offset, I think you can get a new CSU from Fox with the 44mm offset - they aren't cheap though!

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 18:48 Quote
OllyHodgson wrote:
GlassGuy wrote:
You're right that most 27.5" forks have a 44mm offset. But the forks specced on 27.5" SBG bikes (current Scout and Patrol) have a 37mm offset - like the old 26" forks. So it's very likely your Fox fork will have a 37mm offset. If you like the fork but not the offset, I think you can get a new CSU from Fox with the 44mm offset - they aren't cheap though!
You're right...this Fox is the 37mm apparently(legs almost in line with steer tube). It's all getting quite ridiculous with the array of random settings and differing sizes of things. I just want the new Scout to feel like the old Scout. I'm selling the Fox and I've got a New Marz Z1 enroute. Choices are of course semi limited since I have a Boost wheelset(because Boost is oh so necessary! Ha!). And a lot of new forks have this new lessened offset, which obviously I don't want. I honestly kind of miss the days of having only a few choices and they all would fit and mingle just fine. First world problems!!

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 23:24 Quote
GlassGuy wrote:
OllyHodgson wrote:
GlassGuy wrote:
You're right...this Fox is the 37mm apparently(legs almost in line with steer tube). It's all getting quite ridiculous with the array of random settings and differing sizes of things. I just want the new Scout to feel like the old Scout. I'm selling the Fox and I've got a New Marz Z1 enroute. Choices are of course semi limited since I have a Boost wheelset(because Boost is oh so necessary! Ha!). And a lot of new forks have this new lessened offset, which obviously I don't want. I honestly kind of miss the days of having only a few choices and they all would fit and mingle just fine. First world problems!!
The 2020 Lyrik 27.5 is avaliable in 46mm offset. I just put one on my patrol.

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 13:57 Quote
Sorry boys, can't find the subscribe button on phone, not even in desktop mode.

Bought a 2019 csrbon Sentinel frame last week.
Time to go parts hunting now. I am on a budget so gotta check the sales.

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 14:07 Quote
ColinD wrote:
Sorry boys, can't find the subscribe button on phone, not even in desktop mode.

Bought a 2019 csrbon Sentinel frame last week.
Time to go parts hunting now. I am on a budget so gotta check the sales.

Top left hand corner, it's next to the message button.

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 7:24 Quote
moving on from my small suppressor to a medium mk1 patrol. Mash up of rides I've done over the years on her.

O+
Posted: May 13, 2019 at 20:33 Quote
How many volume spacers in a stock sentinel? Anyone add any to their bike? I was on a ride today where I was feeling some pretty harsh bottom outs several times.

O+
Posted: May 13, 2019 at 22:26 Quote
EKrum wrote:
How many volume spacers in a stock sentinel? Anyone add any to their bike? I was on a ride today where I was feeling some pretty harsh bottom outs several times.

2018s came with the 0.6 in the DPX2, 2019s come with 0.86. I switched mine to 0.86 and it feels much better. I weigh ~175 with gear FWIW. If you have the NX build with a different shock, can't help you.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016471
Mobile Version of Website