Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: May 14, 2019 at 9:24 Quote
poah wrote:
moving on from my small suppressor to a medium mk1 patrol. Mash up of rides I've done over the years on her.

Nice Smile Think you'll be able to tell the difference?

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 12:45 Quote
OllyHodgson wrote:
Nice Smile Think you'll be able to tell the difference?

Find out tomorrow when I ride her in anger. The frame is bigger obviously so interested to see how she climbs as well as descends.

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 13:11 Quote
New frame day, my first transition.
It's gonna take some time to finish the build tho.

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 11:12 Quote
ColinD wrote:

Nice! I love that colour! Big Grin
I'm sure that it will be the first of many TR frames, I've had 5 over the last 10 years.

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 11:18 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
ColinD wrote:

I'm sure that it will be the first of many TR frames, I've had 5 over the last 10 years.
Best you get back on board then mate !

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 11:43 Quote
This never happened on a 26er

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 11:48 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
ColinD wrote:

Best you get back on board then mate !

Just as soon as they inspire me again! Big Grin

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 15:53 Quote
EKrum wrote:
How many volume spacers in a stock sentinel? Anyone add any to their bike? I was on a ride today where I was feeling some pretty harsh bottom outs several times.

If you're still wondering and haven't just opened it up for a look, use the custom tune id on the air can and plug it into the Fox website. Will give you all the tech info and tune info on the shock as specced by Transition.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 8:34 Quote
kingtut87 wrote:
EKrum wrote:
How many volume spacers in a stock sentinel? Anyone add any to their bike? I was on a ride today where I was feeling some pretty harsh bottom outs several times.

If you're still wondering and haven't just opened it up for a look, use the custom tune id on the air can and plug it into the Fox website. Will give you all the tech info and tune info on the shock as specced by Transition.

I know you're talking about the rear shock but the fork has one token in it. FYI

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 9:00 Quote
The Sentinel comes with a 0.6 spacer installed.

Personally I don't like the DPX2 at all since it is either too harsh or too soft with almost impossible to find a happy medium and I have tried almost every combinations of air, spacers, rebound etc.

I wonder if it has to do with the unbalanced front and rear travel but my previous bike was also 160-140 and my Float X Evol performed so much better.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 9:06 Quote
Anyone compare fox suspension vs rock shoxs on patrol builds? I cant decide fox 36 grip 2 vs lyric with the new dampener and fox float x2 vs super deluxe.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 9:16 Quote
I'd say the x2 was a better shock than the super deluxe, but I always find it hard to describe exactly what's going on at the back of the big, so I'm maybe not the best to ask.

I prefered the feeling of the previous gen lyrik to the 36, but know plenty of people who feel the other way. The 36 tends to have a little more mod stroke support but the lyrik a bit more sensitive off the top. Swings and roundabouts really. Both are great forks and both very highly rated.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 9:18 Quote
monsieurgage wrote:
Anyone compare fox suspension vs rock shoxs on patrol builds? I cant decide fox 36 grip 2 vs lyric with the new dampener and fox float x2 vs super deluxe.
I swapped from a super deluxe to a x2 and hands down I'd say I like the x2 over the SD. It seemed like I was always playing with sag and tokens on the SD and still would frequently use all the travel on even mild rides. The X2 so far seems to be better climbing and on rough descents. Havent bottomed or even came close to it yet. But I'm still waiting for the big trails to thaw out here. It wont stop snowing.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 15:24 Quote
Alright guys just after some advice. Has anyone ran their patrol (mines 2018 alloy) with 180mm travel fork just wounded how it felt and rode are should I lower the forks to 170mm.
All advice appreciated

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 16:18 Quote
griz23 wrote:
Alright guys just after some advice. Has anyone ran their patrol (mines 2018 alloy) with 180mm travel fork just wounded how it felt and rode are should I lower the forks to 170mm.
All advice appreciated
I haven't, i would with a Lyrik but not a 36. The Lyrik sits lower in it's travel and has a shorter a to c.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023767
Mobile Version of Website