Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: May 20, 2019 at 16:24 Quote
panaphonic wrote:
griz23 wrote:
Alright guys just after some advice. Has anyone ran their patrol (mines 2018 alloy) with 180mm travel fork just wounded how it felt and rode are should I lower the forks to 170mm.
All advice appreciated
I haven't, i would with a Lyrik but not a 36. The Lyrik sits lower in it's travel and has a shorter a to c.

I'll be running lyrik

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 17:18 Quote
griz23 wrote:
panaphonic wrote:
griz23 wrote:
Alright guys just after some advice. Has anyone ran their patrol (mines 2018 alloy) with 180mm travel fork just wounded how it felt and rode are should I lower the forks to 170mm.
All advice appreciated
I haven't, i would with a Lyrik but not a 36. The Lyrik sits lower in it's travel and has a shorter a to c.

I'll be running lyrik
I'd do it. I'm about to get a reach adjust headset with an external lower cup to raise the front end up(with a Lyrik 170mm).I may still go to 180mm after that.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 21:19 Quote
tricyclerider wrote:
Finally put some We Are One wheels on my patrol! Was sick and tired of going through rims hopefully this is the answer.
photo

What were the stock rims on this bike?

O+
Posted: May 20, 2019 at 21:50 Quote
buddymtb wrote:
tricyclerider wrote:
Finally put some We Are One wheels on my patrol! Was sick and tired of going through rims hopefully this is the answer.
photo

What were the stock rims on this bike?
Some e13 trs rims. They were fairly light but didn’t last one rocky g-out

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 12:27 Quote
Anyone using a OneUp dropper in their Carbon TITS frame? Thinking of trying one with a Wolftooth remote in my 2017 Patrol Carbon but have read that the OneUp doesn't work well in some Santa Cruz internal cable guide tubes because the cable housing needs to move slightly to engage the post.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 12:42 Quote
Lornholio wrote:
Anyone using a OneUp dropper in their Carbon TITS frame? Thinking of trying one with a Wolftooth remote in my 2017 Patrol Carbon but have read that the OneUp doesn't work well in some Santa Cruz internal cable guide tubes because the cable housing needs to move slightly to engage the post.

I'm wondering about this for the newer SBG frames as well. Unsure if the new V2 post uses a different actuation mechanism.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2019 at 14:02 Quote
The SBG frames (alloy and carbon) did away with TITS unfortunately, and just use crappy foam sleeves. I can confirm that the OneUp dropper v1 works fine in an alloy SBG frame, despite numerous bends and doglegs.

I can't speak to the older carbon (pre-SBG) frames.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2019 at 14:29 Quote
andeh23 wrote:
The SBG frames (alloy and carbon) did away with TITS unfortunately, and just use crappy foam sleeves. I can confirm that the OneUp dropper v1 works fine in an alloy SBG frame, despite numerous bends and doglegs.

I will confirm the OneUp Dropper V1 works as smoothly as a bag of gravel on he TITS frames, swapped to an SBG and all fine now.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2019 at 17:24 Quote
veero wrote:
andeh23 wrote:

I will confirm the OneUp Dropper V1 works as smoothly as a bag of gravel on he TITS frames, swapped to an SBG and all fine now.

I have pre sbg 17’ alloy patrol and the one up works flawlessly.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 20:18 Quote
I emailed OneUp and the guy who mailed me back said that he rides a '19 Patrol and previously had a pre-SBG Scout and no issues with their oneup droppers. Just some Santa Cruz models that are incompatible as somebody mentioned above.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 23:37 Quote
Thanks guys. Will probably go for the OneUp.

EDIT: Now ordered, plus aWolf Tooth remote. I emailed Transition and OneUp to be 100% sure and both said all good for Pre-SBG TITS frames. The reason that some Santa Cruz frames have problems is that their internal guide tubes run very high up the seat tube so there's not enough space to leave a little slack in the cable outer.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 21:38 Quote
I just got a Transition Patrol and I am trying to get used to the geometry of the bike. I notice that the front wheel wants to turn under and catch when I turn it hard into corners either high speed or low speed. I rolled the bars back a little and that seemed to help. I know this could just be a need to get used to the shorter fork offset but has anyone else experienced this?

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 6:16 Quote
buddymtb wrote:
I just got a Transition Patrol and I am trying to get used to the geometry of the bike. I notice that the front wheel wants to turn under and catch when I turn it hard into corners either high speed or low speed. I rolled the bars back a little and that seemed to help. I know this could just be a need to get used to the shorter fork offset but has anyone else experienced this?

I got an '18 Scout with the reduced offset fork, and since I also have a first gen Scout I expected(and wanted) it to feel the same.
I really don't like what the low offset does to the feeling of the bike...ruins it in my opinion. I feel like I'm riding a 29...dull, slow turns, and I had to run a longer stem to feel semi comfortable...it just felt awkward.
I pulled the 44mm offset fork off my older Scout and put on the '18 and it really woke the bike up!
I now have the Fox 36 that came on the 18 Scout for sale and put a new Marz Z1 with 44mm offset on it and I like it waaaayy better. I was considering selling the new bike and getting a '17 with the previous geo, but it's staying with me now.(I probably will still get a '17 Scout for reserves before everything goes 29 and dull!).
I'd suggest getting a fork with more offset and try it out.

I actually contacted Transition about this change in how the Scout feels...one guy agreed that the Scout isn't as fun as it used to be...another guy seemed kind of defensive and said it's more popular now, and an angle headset plus less travel may help also to get what I want. I'm riding 150 and don't plan to drop it.
I expect these are similar critiques to apply to the Patrol since basically they're the same bike just more travel

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 6:33 Quote
I have an old transition syren is it ok to join the conversation?

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 7:42 Quote
GlassGuy wrote:
buddymtb wrote:

I got an '18 Scout with the reduced offset fork, and since I also have a first gen Scout I expected(and wanted) it to feel the same.
I really don't like what the low offset does to the feeling of the bike...ruins it in my opinion. I feel like I'm riding a 29...dull, slow turns, and I had to run a longer stem to feel semi comfortable...it just felt awkward.
I pulled the 44mm offset fork off my older Scout and put on the '18 and it really woke the bike up!
I now have the Fox 36 that came on the 18 Scout for sale and put a new Marz Z1 with 44mm offset on it and I like it waaaayy better. I was considering selling the new bike and getting a '17 with the previous geo, but it's staying with me now.(I probably will still get a '17 Scout for reserves before everything goes 29 and dull!).
I'd suggest getting a fork with more offset and try it out.

I actually contacted Transition about this change in how the Scout feels...one guy agreed that the Scout isn't as fun as it used to be...another guy seemed kind of defensive and said it's more popular now, and an angle headset plus less travel may help also to get what I want. I'm riding 150 and don't plan to drop it.
I expect these are similar critiques to apply to the Patrol since basically they're the same bike just more travel

Should be throwing a 44mm offset fork on an SBG patrol some day soon. I'll let you know what that's like. Never tried the shorter offset, but it sounds pretty lame from your experience.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016474
Mobile Version of Website