Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 5:32 Quote
I’ve just come back from a week in Andorra, it was hideous as you can imagine!

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 9:21 Quote
TyMak wrote:
Does anybody ride the stock Fox 36 Performance Elite in the Patrol? Does it come with pre-installed volume spacer/s? Tried looking this up using the ID , no info about spacers tough on ridefox.

Gotta open it cuz, lol. Its got zero, 170 and 180mm float 36s dont come with any.

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 13:35 Quote
boylagz wrote:
TyMak wrote:
Does anybody ride the stock Fox 36 Performance Elite in the Patrol? Does it come with pre-installed volume spacer/s? Tried looking this up using the ID , no info about spacers tough on ridefox.

Gotta open it cuz, lol. Its got zero, 170 and 180mm float 36s dont come with any.

thanks, man, you just saved me couple of bucks. didn't want to buy a 32 mm socket to open it up Smile

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 13:53 Quote
TyMak wrote:
mrtoodles wrote:
TyMak wrote:
Tried the 0.4 token. Was good, but as the guys says in the vid, still bit choppy on the foot, haha.

Trying out the 0.2 next week.

I've just dropped from a 0.6 to a 0.4 myself. If you don't have a 0.3 to try, you can drill the 0.4 a little bit to approximate the feeling.

Has anybody tried that already? I mean one should at least know the weight of the 0.3. Otherwise the whole drilling is kinda pointless?

0.4 weights 6 grams, 0.2 weights 3 grams , so we might be looking at 4,5 grams for 0.3 spacer.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 2:12 Quote
Gruta wrote:
TyMak wrote:
mrtoodles wrote:

I've just dropped from a 0.6 to a 0.4 myself. If you don't have a 0.3 to try, you can drill the 0.4 a little bit to approximate the feeling.

Has anybody tried that already? I mean one should at least know the weight of the 0.3. Otherwise the whole drilling is kinda pointless?

0.4 weights 6 grams, 0.2 weights 3 grams , so we might be looking at 4,5 grams for 0.3 spacer.

Going to try to drill the 0,6 though cuz I now have two of them. Wondering if it’s just the volume that causes the effect and not the shape as well.

If somebody uses the 0.3 spacer from Vorsprung and willing to weigh it, feel free to do so and post the result here Smile .

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 3:03 Quote
170 and above travel forks dont come with spacers installed by default. Thats on fox website.

Why would the shape matter? These are taking up air volume and that's all they do. They might act also as bottom out bumper but i might be wrong.

I know a guy who races and used part of a flip flop to tune his x2. Still winning races.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 4:12 Quote
steviejks wrote:
170 and above travel forks dont come with spacers installed by default. Thats on fox website.

Why would the shape matter? These are taking up air volume and that's all they do. They might act also as bottom out bumper but i might be wrong.

I know a guy who races and used part of a flip flop to tune his x2. Still winning races.

A friend of mine has a 2017 180 mm 36 Float in his Capra that came with one spacer installed.

I mean I’d also assume that a spacer for the DPX is just about reducing the volume and the shape shouldn’t matter. I’m not really familiar with the newer air shocks though as I’ve been running coil shocks for quite a while, so I just tried to be a bit cautious.

Anyway, I’ll try to drill the 0,6 and will post here as soon as I’ve tested it.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 13:19 Quote
Yeah they're literally just about reducing volume. They're specifically shaped so they don't interfere with the shock in any other way - they're too solid to be part of the bottom out system. You can use anything to decrease volume, provided it doesn't absorb oil, break down or migrate to the negative side (rules out using oil).

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 15:31 Quote
Hey guys, I'm looking for a Patrol XL, not older than 2017. If you know anyone selling and willing to ship to europe let me know !

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 6:07 Quote
Just another question on the Carbon Patrol DPX2 2019.what have you guys finally set on suspension settings? Mine still feels a little choppy.

I'm running 23mm sag, 0.4 token, 10 from closed rebound and 2 from open LSC. Just wondering if you have changed shock just looking for ideas. Thanks.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 14:16 Quote
wordy1979 wrote:
Just another question on the Carbon Patrol DPX2 2019.what have you guys finally set on suspension settings? Mine still feels a little choppy.

I'm running 23mm sag, 0.4 token, 10 from closed rebound and 2 from open LSC. Just wondering if you have changed shock just looking for ideas. Thanks.
At 35 it comes alive... Try more sag, at least 30

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 0:50 Quote
He uses 23mm not 23%. What I have done in my Sentinel was to remove the spacer and add some more air.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 2:19 Quote
Ive removed all tokens and gonna run 20mm, 11 rebound from open and 2 LSC from open. Gonna see how that feels.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 8:51 Quote
I've been running 35% since i got first patrol a year or two ago. Swapped to an old rs coil i had laying around, less than 30% sag. I was surprised how much better my fork worked with less sag. I always run a super stiff fork because I hate brake dive, since I started riding patrols(35% sag) I have felt much more hand fatigue. Well, stiffer shock taught me an important lesson in balance lol.

Agree that bike comes alive at 35% sag, but maybe keep in mind that fork spring rate should be reduced a little to compensate.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 8:58 Quote
Just after some advice
I'm thinking of changing out my shock on 2018 alloy patrol to a coil shock and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on which one would be best to put on fox rockshox ohlins etc
I'm running 180 lyrics up front in case that's makes a difference
Thanks in advance

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013279
Mobile Version of Website