Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 12:50 Quote
Not sure what suspension shops are close to you, but Jtech suspension near where i live do custom length/stroke shocks, maybe ask them? Or TF tuned maybe

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 19:29 Quote
Chain slap is getting out of hand on my sentinel. At the bike park today my ride sounded like a proper shopping cart. I am running an X01 drivetrain, any suggestions? I am considering everything at this point, from a bigger chainring or tons of mastic tape? I have heard an XTR derailer works with this X01 and the clutch works much better. Any thoughts, I am really desperate.

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 19:58 Quote
EKrum wrote:
Chain slap is getting out of hand on my sentinel. At the bike park today my ride sounded like a proper shopping cart. I am running an X01 drivetrain, any suggestions? I am considering everything at this point, from a bigger chainring or tons of mastic tape? I have heard an XTR derailer works with this X01 and the clutch works much better. Any thoughts, I am really desperate.

The main thing I don't like about my transition is how damn loud it is while descending. Going wild with mastic tape really helps the top chain slap but it doesn't do anything for the ultra loose clutch on sram derailleurs that flaps in the wind and sending the bottom part of the chain every which way. It's much more tolerable with the mastic tape and I've heard xtr is a stiffer mech in comparison so that'd be an interesting test. Kinda expensive though just to cut out some noise.

I don't think there's a way to stiffen up a sram clutch, right?

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 20:19 Quote
EKrum wrote:

Your clutch most likely came loses you can fix this by removing a pin that keeps you from tightening your clutch and tighten it down

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 20:23 Quote
EKrum wrote:
Larger front ring

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 0:05 Quote
Depending on your terrain I would suggest the XTR wouldn’t make a great deal of difference, I know I’m not on a transition, or XTR any more as I broke mine, but my bike with 12 speed XT sounded horrific when in Vallnord getting smashed all over the place!

Back home now and quiet as a mouse

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 6:27 Quote
STFU chain guide thingymajjig that Kovarik has just released?

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 7:34 Quote
kingtut87 wrote:

He says right in the pinkbike video it does nothing for a wear derailleur clutch and he still has that sound even with the STFU installed. It looks the equivalent of mastic tape to me.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 7:40 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
kingtut87 wrote:

He says right in the pinkbike video it does nothing for a wear derailleur clutch and he still has that sound even with the STFU installed. It looks the equivalent of mastic tape to me.

OP doesn't mention where the noise is coming from, and I didn't watch the video - just seen the development process in other places.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 7:45 Quote
My guess is that the noise is from both side of the chain. I have heard the type 3 clutch cannot be adjusted or tightened but ill crack it open to see if it loosened up. Otherwise I'll go crazy with mastic tape and see what happens. If that doesnt work I'll look into getting a larger chainring.

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 8:45 Quote
EKrum wrote:
My guess is that the noise is from both side of the chain. I have heard the type 3 clutch cannot be adjusted or tightened but ill crack it open to see if it loosened up. Otherwise I'll go crazy with mastic tape and see what happens. If that doesnt work I'll look into getting a larger chainring.
I wouldn’t open it up I’ve heard it’s spring loaded and it’s super hard to get it back in

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 11:39 Quote
All Patrol models - bikes and frames - are on sale at 20% off

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 16:41 Quote
kwapik wrote:
All Patrol models - bikes and frames - are on sale at 20% off

And just Fyi, that discount is applied to their dealers too, So if you have a shop you like you should be able to get that price without going around them and buying online tup

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 17:28 Quote
So new model soon to be released ? Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015734
Mobile Version of Website