Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 10:10 Quote
So I had heard that the new Patrol is going to get more than just new colors and specs and that geometry changes were in the works. based off the Instagram post it looks like there is some truth to that rumor.

New geo vs old geo:

Size Large Patrol
Front and rear travel - 150mm vs 170mm front & 160mm rear
HTA - 63.5* vs 64
Estimated effective reach - 462mm (with 35mm stem) vs 475mm
BB height - 328mm vs 340mm
Effective seat tube angle - 78* vs 76.6
Wheelbase - 1240mm vs 1238mm

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 10:28 Quote
rhamilton wrote:
So I had heard that the new Patrol is going to get more than just new colors and specs and that geometry changes were in the works. based off the Instagram post it looks like there is some truth to that rumor.

New geo vs old geo:

Size Large Patrol
HTA - 63.5* vs 64

Reducing the travel down from 170/160 to 150 all around sounds more like a new bike than a new Patrol.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 11:14 Quote
Might make sense that a new model or new version is coming given how existing frames are on sale but the rest of the fleet are regular price. But yes, that drastic of a change does sound like more of a newer model.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 12:01 Quote
kingtut87 wrote:

Reducing the travel down from 170/160 to 150 all around sounds more like a new bike than a new Patrol.
This. Sounds more like the new Scout .

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 12:28 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
Might make sense that a new model or new version is coming given how existing frames are on sale but the rest of the fleet are regular price. But yes, that drastic of a change does sound like more of a newer model.

Yeah, that was my thought as well, something big must be happening to put the entire remaining inventory of Patrols at 20% off

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 12:41 Quote
rhamilton wrote:
gbeaks33 wrote:

Yeah, that was my thought as well, something big must be happening to put the entire remaining inventory of Patrols at 20% off

Or they're just clearing stock rather than sitting on it. Did they not have a sale last autumn as well?

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 13:09 Quote
These are just the travel numbers and geo angles that Lars put together using an angleset and shorter travel suspension on an existing Patrol

New geo vs old geo:

Size Large Patrol
HTA - 63.5* vs 64

However, it sounds like Lars wants to bring the front end and BB down and get the bike slightly longer. It was suggest to me from a pretty reliable source that the old models were getting blown out to make room for the 'new' design

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 13:18 Quote
kingtut87 wrote:
rhamilton wrote:
gbeaks33 wrote:

Or they're just clearing stock rather than sitting on it. Did they not have a sale last autumn as well?

I bought my carbon smuggler last autumn and there was no sales. New models and spec changes came out around Eurobike. All Smuggler inventory from the 2018 bikes was sold out and couldn't find one anywhere in XL. I called every dealer in BC/Alberta/Washington. Not sure about the other models because I wasn't really looking for them but I think it was a similar scenario.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 13:25 Quote
rhamilton wrote:

However, it sounds like Lars wants to bring the front end and BB down and get the bike slightly longer. It was suggest to me from a pretty reliable source that the old models were getting blown out to make room for the 'new' design

I enjoy my Patrol so much, such big changes would scare me to make the switch !! More stable sure, but more fun ? Don't think so...

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 14:13 Quote
rhamilton wrote:
These are just the travel numbers and geo angles that Lars put together using an angleset and shorter travel suspension on an existing Patrol

New geo vs old geo:

Size Large Patrol
HTA - 63.5* vs 64

I work at a Transition dealer. I talked to them about it on monday. The frame geometry is not changing, just the spec and colors, unless they felt some need to lie to me about it. Ive also seen pictures of them. The frame looks the same other than color.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 19:00 Quote
New patrol. Haven't ridden a transition for longer than one DH Lap at angel fire on a smuggler and bought this totally on a whim. After riding my first jump line on it I realized I made the absolute right choice... Was easily clearing stuff I didn't have the confidence to even touch on my '16 capra. Super rowdy bike. Beer

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 19:06 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
GOPHOQUEYOURSELF wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:

Frame isn't changing, other than colors. Spec is changing. Should drop in a week or 2.

Can't wait to see those colors !! Any leaks / predictions ?!

All that I'll say is that the frame itself's geometry and linkage is unchanged, so anyone looking to get a patrol that is gonna change out most of the components anyway, should buy one now, (since they're 20% off) as long as they don't hate the current colors.
Anything else coming out then?

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 8:24 Quote
TuckerBikes wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
GOPHOQUEYOURSELF wrote:

Can't wait to see those colors !! Any leaks / predictions ?!

All that I'll say is that the frame itself's geometry and linkage is unchanged, so anyone looking to get a patrol that is gonna change out most of the components anyway, should buy one now, (since they're 20% off) as long as they don't hate the current colors.
Anything else coming out then?

Not in the immediate future, at least not anything they have shared with dealers.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 9:41 Quote
Anyone put a MRP SXg chain guide on their sentinel? I am thinking of throwing a guide on my rig and like the looks of the SXg more than the standard AMg version.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 9:51 Quote
EKrum wrote:
Anyone put a MRP SXg chain guide on their sentinel? I am thinking of throwing a guide on my rig and like the looks of the SXg more than the standard AMg version.

I'm running the OneUp chainguide on my (carbon) Sentinel and it fits very well. I did end up having to add 1 more shim than their little measuring tool suggested to get enough clearance at both ends of my Eagle range though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013033
Mobile Version of Website