Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 12:15 Quote
EKrum wrote:
Anyone put a MRP SXg chain guide on their sentinel? I am thinking of throwing a guide on my rig and like the looks of the SXg more than the standard AMg version.

Full wrap around ISCG mount guides are pretty tight on transitions. I put an e13 LG1 guide on my patrol and it required a lot of grinding and some hacksawing of the backplate to get it to work. Also had to grind into the upper guide to get it to clear the chainstay.

O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 19:20 Quote
Any updates on running an sbg scout with a float x2 or a coil? Not happy with the dvo topaz currently on it, so I'm wanting to try something a little more plush.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 20:52 Quote
robinwing14 wrote:
Any updates on running an sbg scout with a float x2 or a coil? Not happy with the dvo topaz currently on it, so I'm wanting to try something a little more plush.

My buddy is running a Cane Creek inline coil on his scout with nothing but good things to say.

O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 21:12 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
robinwing14 wrote:

My buddy is running a Cane Creek inline coil on his scout with nothing but good things to say.
Maybe I got the same buddy haha. Same situation for a friend of mine.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 8:09 Quote
So is the sentinel changing or staying the same for another year?

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 14:15 Quote
TuckerBikes wrote:
I'm stuck in the never ending rabbit hole of which bike to get. My options are trek slash, remedy, or wait until spring for the sentinel. What do you all think I should do?
hold off slash is already outdated geo compared to current trends. Or just pick up a sentinal now its a great bike.

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 14:18 Quote
Craigsoucy wrote:
TuckerBikes wrote:
I'm stuck in the never ending rabbit hole of which bike to get. My options are trek slash, remedy, or wait until spring for the sentinel. What do you all think I should do?
hold off slash is already outdated geo compared to current trends. Or just pick up a sentinal now its a great bike.
Are new colors coming out soon?

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 18:25 Quote
^Second the Slash, didnt really like that bike.

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 23:03 Quote
I don't know why anyone would ever buy a Trek with RE:aktiv. Those shocks are just complete garbage, they always break. Feel like ass and trek service is always slow.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 0:38 Quote
raisincrunch wrote:
I don't know why anyone would ever buy a Trek with RE:aktiv. Those shocks are just complete garbage, they always break. Feel like ass and trek service is always slow.
lol, For what it's worth, never had an issue with the reaktiv shock; had the bike for like 9 mos, but didnt ride daily, 1-2x a week max. I was so close to getting a dhx2, good thing I didnt. The Patrol rides so differently and is just more comfortable to me. That knockbloc is the worst part on that bike.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 6:38 Quote
Found a hairline crack today on my 2019 carbon Patrol!!! Sick as a chip.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 9:57 Quote
This was my first custom mountain bike build and i wanted to try out a lot of stuff. I couldn't be happier about the results, full coil suspension is amazing.
photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 10:18 Quote
[Quote="skarnold"]This was my first custom mountain bike build and i wanted to try out a lot of stuff. I couldn't be happier about the results, full coil suspension is amazing.
/Quote]

Thoughts on that MRP coil? Is that one of their fancy progressive springs?

O+
Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 15:19 Quote
Anyone with a DPS on a Smuggler get it to feel ok? Or is it futile and just needs to be upgraded?

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 8:37 Quote
Hey folks, I just got myself a Transition Patrol. Stoked on it, but I'm having trouble getting the Fox suspension dialed (I owned Rockshox before this). The pressure guides for the fork seem pretty high; I've found I've had to go well below (10-15 PSI) the recommended starting setting in order to use most of the travel on the fork. I've also had to dial back LSC and HSC and rebound fairly aggressively. I've found the same for the rear shock; running it at body weight seems okay, but I've had to dial back rebound more than the initial recommended settings. Is this something others have experienced? Should I be running volume spacers rather than dropping the pressure as much as I have been? For context, I've been testing the suspension on some rowdy downhill, including bike park runs. Thanks for any help!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.037889
Mobile Version of Website