Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 8:44 Quote
Rokthewok wrote:
Hey folks, I just got myself a Transition Patrol. Stoked on it, but I'm having trouble getting the Fox suspension dialed (I owned Rockshox before this). The pressure guides for the fork seem pretty high; I've found I've had to go well below (10-15 PSI) the recommended starting setting in order to use most of the travel on the fork. I've also had to dial back LSC and HSC and rebound fairly aggressively. I've found the same for the rear shock; running it at body weight seems okay, but I've had to dial back rebound more than the initial recommended settings. Is this something others have experienced? Should I be running volume spacers rather than dropping the pressure as much as I have been? For context, I've been testing the suspension on some rowdy downhill, including bike park runs. Thanks for any help!

No clue for the FOX 36, but I had the same exp as you for the rear shock..I found that I needed to run much higher pressure than my body weight- 176-180lbs kitted

I started at
0.4 spacer
38% sag...too much
170 PSI...too low
3 clicks LSC
5-6 clicks of rebound

Tried upping air pressure and really started to get it going in the right direction
0.4 spacer
33ish% sag
205ish PSI
1 clicks LSC
8 clicks of rebound

Now, the settings below loving how it feels, able to use most of the suspension
0.2 spacer
30% sag
215PSI...too low
1 clicks LSC
8 clicks of rebound

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 8:55 Quote
Usually for the DPX2 you should run body weight + 40 psi and fast enough rebound.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 9:03 Quote
You can see the new Patrol on the @transitionbikesuk Instagram page, still grey and black just like the 2018 Frown

If you search a little bit there's more pics here and there on Instagram

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 9:07 Quote
GOPHOQUEYOURSELF wrote:
You can see the new Patrol on the @transitionbikesuk Instagram page, still grey and black just like the 2018 Frown

Always two there is, no more, no less.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 9:16 Quote
Set your suspension based off of sag with your rider weight. Fox forks you should start with PSI/kg.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 9:28 Quote
GOPHOQUEYOURSELF wrote:

So the reveal of the "updated Patrol" is on the 24th...? So is this new geometry? I cant imagine they would scheduled a reveal for paint colors.

If you read the comments the teaser shot they gave seems to show some differences

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 9:35 Quote
rhamilton wrote:
GOPHOQUEYOURSELF wrote:

So the reveal of the "updated Patrol" is on the 24th...? So is this new geometry? I cant imagine they would scheduled a reveal for paint colors.

If you read the comments the teaser shot they gave seems to show some differences

Looks like 29 + coil and I guess minor changes in the geometry.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
rhamilton wrote:
GOPHOQUEYOURSELF wrote:

Again.
Buggyr333 wrote:
I work at a Transition dealer. I talked to them about it on monday. The frame geometry is not changing, just the spec and colors, unless they felt some need to lie to me about it. Ive also seen pictures of them. The frame looks the same other than color.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 11:30 Quote
Guys if you check the transitionbikesuk Instagram you can clearly see a Patrol with coil.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 11:36 Quote
Since y'all seem to need proof that the geometry isn't changing, here is a spy shot of the 2020 geometry
Radical new geometry.
But yeah there are some coils involved.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 13:39 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
Since y'all seem to need proof that the geometry isn't changing, here is a spy shot of the 2020 geometry
Radical new geometry.
Anything about a long travel 29er?

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 14:38 Quote
TuckerBikes wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
Since y'all seem to need proof that the geometry isn't changing, here is a spy shot of the 2020 geometry [/PI]

Nothing confirmed. But they are not doing a "2020" drop. Models will roll out as they are ready.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 14:47 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
TuckerBikes wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
Since y'all seem to need proof that the geometry isn't changing, here is a spy shot of the 2020 geometry [/PI]

Nothing confirmed. But they are not doing a "2020" drop. Models will roll out as they are ready.
Okay, so when the bikes go on sale that’s a pretty good indication that a new one is getting close?

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 15:02 Quote
Update on my chain slap issue. SRAM has warranted my derailleur (even though it feels like it’s working fine) so when I slap the new one on we will see if that helps.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 15:13 Quote
TuckerBikes wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
TuckerBikes wrote:

Okay, so when the bikes go on sale that’s a pretty good indication that a new one is getting close?

Not really. They had a 10% off sale on Patrols and Sentinels in May.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011937
Mobile Version of Website