Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 15:48 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
TuckerBikes wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:

Nothing confirmed. But they are not doing a "2020" drop. Models will roll out as they are ready.
Okay, so when the bikes go on sale that’s a pretty good indication that a new one is getting close?

Not really. They had a 10% off sale on Patrols and Sentinels in May.

I see. You’d think that transition would consider the sentinel a bit “outdated” because it was last released August of 2018. I wonder how far out a new one is.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 16:03 Quote
It's only been out 2 seasons! The Geo still stacks up. Why change what isn't broken.

Looking at the transition UK insta is there a TR11 equipped with a coil and single crown fork behind the patrol? Hard to make out with it being far away and behind other bikes.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 16:16 Quote
kingtut87 wrote:
It's only been out 2 seasons! The Geo still stacks up. Why change what isn't broken.

Looking at the transition UK insta is there a TR11 equipped with a coil and single crown fork behind the patrol? Hard to make out with it being far away and behind other bikes.

I totally agree with you! My only apprehension to getting one right now is another one coming out a week later, killing the resale value.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 17:13 Quote
kingtut87 wrote:

Can't find that in a post, but I did find one of their posts with a full 2020 patrol in the background.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 17:34 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
kingtut87 wrote:

Can't find that in a post, but I did find one of their posts with a full 2020 patrol in the background.
How does the patrol compare to the sentinel, if anyone has ridden both here?

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 17:35 Quote
TuckerBikes wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
kingtut87 wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2WC4iwHo8w/ here's a pic of the 2020 patrol

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 7:36 Quote
TuckerBikes wrote:
kingtut87 wrote:

I totally agree with you! My only apprehension to getting one right now is another one coming out a week later, killing the resale value.

The usual model turnaround is 3-4 years. From a company perspective, it devalues their product to make a new version every year. It's like they would be announcing to the world the 2019 sentinel had problems so voila here is a new one to fix them. Like you said, potential customers will be turned off and might want to wait for a new one. There's nothing "wrong" or problematic with the current sentinel, so no sense updating it just yet.

A brand new model, maybe. Updated sentinel/smuggler/patrol? Doubtful. And we have an insider above who posted photos who showed nothing is going to change and we already know transition won't be doing model years anymore. So go ahead and buy that Sentinel. This is the best time of year when dealers are trying to thin out their floor models.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 9:14 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
Thoughts on that MRP coil? Is that one of their fancy progressive springs?
I'm loving the coil it feels so smooth on the downhill. As far as climbing goes even with the stiff setting on its definitely a little more bouncy than an air shock but not terrible. And yes that is a progressive spring.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 10:06 Quote
TuckerBikes wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
kingtut87 wrote:

Pretty much exactly as you would expect a long travel 27.5 to compare to a long travel 29er with the same suspension design, from the same company. The Patrol is a bit more nimble and playful. The Sentinel rolls over stuff a bit better and feels like a bit more of a fall line missile. Both great bikes, really comes down to which wheel size you prefer to be a dick about.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 13:37 Quote
TuckerBikes wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
kingtut87 wrote:

I ride a patrol usually, but had a sentinel on vancouver island for 3 days last summer. Thought the sentinel was pretty capable and faster on some stuff, but for me it felt like it missed a bit of travel. But I guess it's whatever you are used to?

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 14:37 Quote
notphaedrus wrote:
TuckerBikes wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:

I ride a patrol usually, but had a sentinel on vancouver island for 3 days last summer. Thought the sentinel was pretty capable and faster on some stuff, but for me it felt like it missed a bit of travel. But I guess it's whatever you are used to?

Cool! I think I’ll wait until the 2020 bikes come out to make my decision.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 14:43 Quote
TuckerBikes wrote:
notphaedrus wrote:
TuckerBikes wrote:

The only "2020" bike to come out in the near future is the Patrol.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 15:05 Quote
raisincrunch wrote:
TuckerBikes wrote:
notphaedrus wrote:

Pretty sure sentinel is April

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 16:13 Quote
I always think these 'mid-travel' aka 120-140mm 29ers are Jack-of-all-trades bikes, theyre just that, doing everything well enough. Reason why I got the Patrol vs the Sentinel boiled down to travel; if the Sentinel had 155 or more, I wouldve chosen it and gave 29er trail bikes another shot. Previous from my Patrol I had a 2019 Slash. Good bike, smashed fast straightline rocky gnar, but to me it wasnt the bike I expected; esp. with that KNOCK BLOCK bullshlt.

Id sacrifice going up a tad slower than dudes on SB130s and the likes, and have more fun when we flick that climb switch to open. Yeah, I need me some 'propedal' coz I suck on the climbs.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 21:10 Quote
TuckerBikes wrote:
raisincrunch wrote:
TuckerBikes wrote:

Pretty sure sentinel is April

And that is based on.... what exactly? Wishful thinking?

You've already posted several times in this thread asking when new bikes are coming out, when a Sentinel revision is coming, etc. So I have to assume that you have no clue if or when a new Sentinel will be released.

Additionally, multiple people that work for Transition dealers (and are getting info directly from Transition) have stated that Transition is no longer doing model years. That means there are no "2020 bikes." Instead, they are just going to sell bikes, if you like what you see you should buy one. When Transition feels it's time to update the bike, they'll update it. But it does not appear that's going to be on a predictable schedule going forward.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009282
Mobile Version of Website