Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 23:15 Quote
^will prolly not see a new sentinel or patrol til 2021. lols

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 23:26 Quote
adrenalated wrote:
TuckerBikes wrote:
raisincrunch wrote:

The only "2020" bike to come out in the near future is the Patrol.

Pretty sure sentinel is April

And that is based on.... what exactly? Wishful thinking?

You've already posted several times in this thread asking when new bikes are coming out, when a Sentinel revision is coming, etc. So I have to assume that you have no clue if or when a new Sentinel will be released.

Additionally, multiple people that work for Transition dealers (and are getting info directly from Transition) have stated that Transition is no longer doing model years. That means there are no "2020 bikes." Instead, they are just going to sell bikes, if you like what you see you should buy one. When Transition feels it's time to update the bike, they'll update it. But it does not appear that's going to be on a predictable schedule going forward.

I just wanted to see what others thought. I contacted Transition, and they said a Sentinel would be coming out relatively soon, a local bike shop confirming that as well.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 0:28 Quote
TuckerBikes wrote:
adrenalated wrote:
TuckerBikes wrote:

Pretty sure sentinel is April

You've already posted several times in this thread asking when new bikes are coming out, when a Sentinel revision is coming, etc. So I have to assume that you have no clue if or when a new Sentinel will be released.

Additionally, multiple people that work for Transition dealers (and are getting info directly from Transition) have stated that Transition is no longer doing model years. That means there are no "2020 bikes." Instead, they are just going to sell bikes, if you like what you see you should buy one. When Transition feels it's time to update the bike, they'll update it. But it does not appear that's going to be on a predictable schedule going forward.

I just wanted to see what others thought. I contacted Transition, and they said a Sentinel would be coming out relatively soon, a local bike shop confirming that as well.

Yeah, but the only thing new is color and build kit. Frame and geo is the same. It's just the 3rd gen of Sentinels.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 8:03 Quote
Right now there's someone posting on another forum saying "I read on another forum that a new Sentinel is coming in April!!!!!"

Rolleyes

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 9:36 Quote
raisincrunch wrote:
TuckerBikes wrote:
adrenalated wrote:

Yeah, but the only thing new is color and build kit. Frame and geo is the same. It's just the 3rd gen of Sentinels.

I think I’ll wait for that, since it’s nearly winter here.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 11:08 Quote
adrenalated wrote:
Right now there's someone posting on another forum saying "I read on another forum that a new Sentinel is coming in April!!!!!"

Rolleyes

#fakenews

time for a chill pill for everyone, new bikes come and go..all this talk about I need to know now cause Im going to buy a bike in the next 10 secs, 19 days, and If I buy the old one ill loose all my money....First world problems

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
Got my custom built DHX2 fitted today, just in time for this weekends race Beer
Sentinel oncoil

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 8:54 Quote
Wonder if they tweaked the linkage at all for the coil?

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 8:56 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:

I asked them that exact question and they said no, the frame is 100% the same other than color

Which i found strange since for a while they were telling people you cannot run coils on them....

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 9:25 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:

I asked them that exact question and they said no, the frame is 100% the same other than color

Which i found strange since for a while they were telling people you cannot run coils on them....

Huh. There's plenty of Patrol's out there with coils on them, including Transition staff, maybe the graphs didn't translate to the trails this time.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 9:28 Quote
GOPHOQUEYOURSELF wrote:
 ONCOIL Patrol GX alloy

Nice! Fox DHX2?

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 9:37 Quote
GOPHOQUEYOURSELF wrote:
 ONCOIL Patrol GX alloy

Any carbon?

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 9:51 Quote
TuckerBikes wrote:
GOPHOQUEYOURSELF wrote:
 ONCOIL Patrol GX alloy

Any carbon?

Here you go...

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/TransitionBikeCompany/album/ONCOIL/

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 10:07 Quote
It clearly says embargo until tomorrow but I guess somebody messed up. The whole article is available here, no video yet though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012625
Mobile Version of Website