Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Oct 12, 2019 at 9:55 Quote
Looks more like mud to me...

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 7:47 Quote
TuckerBikes wrote:
adrenalated wrote:
TuckerBikes wrote:

I weigh 175 kitted up, meant to add that.

Hopefully someone chimes in that's closer to your weight and has some actual experience, but online calculators appear to put you on a 400# or 450# spring. Which would make sense - I'm about 20# lighter, and went with a 350# spring. You could also contact MRP directly for a recommendation.

Thanks for the feedback! I talked to mrp, and they recommended a 450 for my riding style, I'll report back on how it feels!

One ride review of the MRP Hazzard on the 2019 Patrol.

Me: 150-155lbs riding weight, pretty fast but not very talented, penchant for picking bad lines and letting the bike save me from myself

Trail: Dakota Ridge - dry, desert-like, extremely chunky/rocky. Mostly moderate speed chunder with a few faster sections with 1-2ft drops and small kickers.

Shock setup: 350# progressive spring, approx 1 turn of preload, MRP recommended settings for all adjustments (rebound right in middle, LSC right in middle, HSC fully open)

Pros: small bumps just completely disappear and traction is insane. It's like a different bike. Handles square edges much better than the stock DPX2 and the progressive spring handles bigger hits well (I didn't hit anything where I'd expect to bottom out, and I didn't bottom out)

Cons: The bike definitely loses a lot of it's pop - if there's a lip it's still easy to pop off it, but it's much harder to bunny hop from flat over something. There's a notable amount of pedal bob; the shred lever stiffens things up nicely, but it's kinda too much for anything other than smooth fire road climbing. I wish there was an in between setting. I'll probably trying adding a little more LSC and see if that helps. I may also slow the rebound slightly as I felt it bounce a bit too much landing jumps, and perhaps firm up the HSC slightly just to see.

My initial impression is if you ride a lot of chunky chundery terrain, the Hazzard is a great upgrade. If you ride a lot of rolling terrain or flow trails, the DPX2 is probably better.

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 8:56 Quote
Anyone else see the spy-shots in this thread?
https://forums.mtbr.com/transition-bikes/2020-scout-carbon-coming-1112499.html

Hopefully a new Scout is coming. Probably a little ways away from being available, since Transition usually tells their dealers a month or 2 before they put out something new, and we haven't gotten anything from them yet.

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 9:50 Quote
Riding dyfi bp on saturday with a couple of mates, got a 2.6 supersoft magic mary for grip on the front and a 2.35 park magic mary on the rear for sick skidZ.
Suuuuuuuper stoked to hit some properly gnarly stuff on it

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 12:58 Quote
bike2850 wrote:
Looks more like mud to me...

It's England! Bound to be....

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 13:09 Quote
Theocr wrote:
Riding dyfi bp on saturday with a couple of mates, got a 2.6 supersoft magic mary for grip on the front and a 2.35 park magic mary on the rear for sick skidZ.

I took my patrol there a few weeks back mate you'll love it

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 16:27 Quote
adrenalated wrote:
TuckerBikes wrote:
adrenalated wrote:

Hopefully someone chimes in that's closer to your weight and has some actual experience, but online calculators appear to put you on a 400# or 450# spring. Which would make sense - I'm about 20# lighter, and went with a 350# spring. You could also contact MRP directly for a recommendation.

Thanks for the feedback! I talked to mrp, and they recommended a 450 for my riding style, I'll report back on how it feels!

One ride review of the MRP Hazzard on the 2019 Patrol.

Me: 150-155lbs riding weight, pretty fast but not very talented, penchant for picking bad lines and letting the bike save me from myself

Trail: Dakota Ridge - dry, desert-like, extremely chunky/rocky. Mostly moderate speed chunder with a few faster sections with 1-2ft drops and small kickers.

Shock setup: 350# progressive spring, approx 1 turn of preload, MRP recommended settings for all adjustments (rebound right in middle, LSC right in middle, HSC fully open)

Pros: small bumps just completely disappear and traction is insane. It's like a different bike. Handles square edges much better than the stock DPX2 and the progressive spring handles bigger hits well (I didn't hit anything where I'd expect to bottom out, and I didn't bottom out)

Cons: The bike definitely loses a lot of it's pop - if there's a lip it's still easy to pop off it, but it's much harder to bunny hop from flat over something. There's a notable amount of pedal bob; the shred lever stiffens things up nicely, but it's kinda too much for anything other than smooth fire road climbing. I wish there was an in between setting. I'll probably trying adding a little more LSC and see if that helps. I may also slow the rebound slightly as I felt it bounce a bit too much landing jumps, and perhaps firm up the HSC slightly just to see.

My initial impression is if you ride a lot of chunky chundery terrain, the Hazzard is a great upgrade. If you ride a lot of rolling terrain or flow trails, the DPX2 is probably better.

Thanks for that review! Are the recommended settings constant throughout all spring weights?

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 1:42 Quote
notphaedrus wrote:
Think Transition need to consider a UK style loam meter.... like the loam meter MAX! Lots of loam to be had at Eastridge, Shrewsbury today...

Photo
that's not loam, that's slop

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 4:51 Quote
demo-dood wrote:
notphaedrus wrote:
Think Transition need to consider a UK style loam meter.... like the loam meter MAX! Lots of loam to be had at Eastridge, Shrewsbury today...

that's not loam, that's slop

Liquid Loam?

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 5:08 Quote
griz23 wrote:
Theocr wrote:

You got any tips/advice? Its my first time at a bike park! Not worried about actuall skill, just what to pack etc

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 6:01 Quote
Theocr wrote:
griz23 wrote:
Theocr wrote:

You got any tips/advice? Its my first time at a bike park! Not worried about actuall skill, just what to pack etc

I was there a few weeks back myself, place has only just opened so on site facilities are still quite basic. There is a little bike shop on site but its always worth bringing your own spares tyre, tube etc food is good and cheep but is is all healthy stuff, you wont find a burger etc.. just the one portaloo, was clean and had toilet roll. when i was there there seemed to be a high rate of accidents so only riding advice ill give you is take your time and get used to the conditions before going full hoon! ha enjoy!

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 6:04 Quote
Theocr wrote:
griz23 wrote:
Theocr wrote:

At an uplift you have the luxury of passing close to your vehicle every 15mins so rather than pack only what you need, I tend to throw literally everything in. That way you've got a dry set of gloves if you need, new jersey, spare tyres blah blah you get the picture. Why skimp when you don't need to carry anything?

I take my Patrol on as many uplift days as I do long XC style rides and the only thing I ever do is drop my seat post in the frame. However I've started to do it less and less and just get used to where it is at the bottom of the dropper travel.

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 7:31 Quote
Theocr wrote:
griz23 wrote:
Theocr wrote:

Take some spare tubes
The original dh is the best track

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 8:05 Quote
Nice one lads!! Sounds like ill be taking some food for myself! Do you reccomend carrying a tube and pump on your bike?

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 8:16 Quote
Theocr wrote:
Nice one lads!! Sounds like ill be taking some food for myself! Do you reccomend carrying a tube and pump on your bike?

One of my favorite things about riding bike parks is not wearing a pack.

I'll strap a tube and some c02 to the frame, and I've got a one-up tool in the steerer, but that's it. I wear a lightweight back protector instead.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012896
Mobile Version of Website