Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 8:28 Quote
thats the set up i have now. Bliss back protector, one up pump and tool, tyre lever and tube on the frame

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 9:27 Quote
Theocr wrote:
Nice one lads!! Sounds like ill be taking some food for myself! Do you reccomend carrying a tube and pump on your bike?

In my experience it's better to either push to the closest part of the uplift road and get a lift back to the bottom or just push to the bottom.
I find it far better doing everything at the car with tools and a track pump rather than getting cold and piss wet through on the trail side messing about with a tiny pump!

As has been said; not worrying about carrying anything is a big bonus for uplift days!

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 11:41 Quote
nwjekyll wrote:
That there is fools loam!

I laughed pretty hard at this! From a guy that rides tones of 'fools loam', I will never forget that term lol

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 17:22 Quote
skarnold wrote:
gbeaks33 wrote:
Thoughts on that MRP coil? Is that one of their fancy progressive springs?
I'm loving the coil it feels so smooth on the downhill. As far as climbing goes even with the stiff setting on its definitely a little more bouncy than an air shock but not terrible. And yes that is a progressive spring.

What settings do you have on it, in terms of preload, high and low speed comp., rebound, and spring weight?

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 17:29 Quote
[Quote="Buggyr333"]
EKrum wrote:
Anyone put a MRP SXg chain guide on their sentinel? I am thinking of throwing a guide on my rig and like the looks of the SXg more than the standard AMg version.

Full wrap around ISCG mount guides are pretty tight on transitions. I put an e13 LG1 guide on my patrol and it required a lot of grinding and some hacksawing of the backplate to get it to work. Also had to grind into the upper guide to get it to clear the chainstay.[/Quote

I just slapped one on, had no issues.

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 19:40 Quote
How do you guys feel about the DPX2 on the Patrol? Would an upgrade to a DVO Topaz or X2 be worthwhile if not going the coil route? Also speaking of coil, does it lose it's playfulness if you go to coil?

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 20:42 Quote
Personally, I like the DPX2. Gives pretty decent small bump compliance and the smaller air chamber gives a nice poppy ride. I guess if you're looking for more traction and a more linear action then a coil makes sense. I don't have any plans to change it for something else.

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 7:48 Quote
I'm the same. found it too linear even with no spacers in the dpx2 air can. if you're finding it too progressive, there's space to tune in the DPX2 before you replace it.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 15:04 Quote
Anyone know if you can swap fox hardware to an mrp shock, or will I have to buy it separately?

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 17:24 Quote
TuckerBikes wrote:
Anyone know if you can swap fox hardware to an mrp shock, or will I have to buy it separately?

Assuming you're wanting to use the hardware from your DPX2. If you have the right tools you can press out the brass bushing from the Hazzard and use the 5 piece hardware from the DPX2. Or, you can buy 3 piece hardware for about $15 and use the existing brass bushing.

Pressing the bushing out of my Hazzard was a bitch, I wouldn't recommend it if you don't know what you're doing. It would be easy to mess up your shock.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 11:20 Quote
Anyone on a medium carbon 2019 Patrol able to tell me the tune ID off their DPX2? It seems different sizes have different tune and I'm looking to pick up a used shock with the same tune. Thanks!

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 16:05 Quote
chazmann wrote:
Anyone on a medium carbon 2019 Patrol able to tell me the tune ID off their DPX2? It seems different sizes have different tune and I'm looking to pick up a used shock with the same tune. Thanks!

I think mine was DM87 but will check when I get home.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 17:05 Quote
adrenalated wrote:
TuckerBikes wrote:

Assuming you're wanting to use the hardware from your DPX2. If you have the right tools you can press out the brass bushing from the Hazzard and use the 5 piece hardware from the DPX2. Or, you can buy 3 piece hardware for about $15 and use the existing brass bushing.

Pressing the bushing out of my Hazzard was a bitch, I wouldn't recommend it if you don't know what you're doing. It would be easy to mess up your shock.

Thanks for the help, I did a bit of a jerry rigged combo of hardware, and there was absolutely no play when riding.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 6:22 Quote
Habaden wrote:
How do you guys feel about the DPX2 on the Patrol? Would an upgrade to a DVO Topaz or X2 be worthwhile if not going the coil route? Also speaking of coil, does it lose it's playfulness if you go to coil?

Wanted to share my experience of switching from the DPX to coil. I had the bad luck of getting an older degressive Tune in my brand new 2019 Patrol, so it wasn’t ridable at all, no matter what spacer installed or what settings used. Hence I cannot speak of other 19’ DPX with the newer tune.

Unfortunately, there is no way to find out if you get the degressive Tune as the tune ID seems to show you the newer one although the shock is clearly degressive. I wrote TR about that and Lars confirmed that I must have got the wrong shock with a right code ... nevermind.

So, if going for DPX, make sure you get the latest tune.

I didn’t really get proper info on how coil shocks work with Patrol but decided to give a shot and didn’t regret. Like yourself, I was also afraid of losing pop and the lively feel, so I got myself a slightly harder spring for my TTX than needed leading to just 20 mm of sag. I can definitely confirm that the bike remains really playful if you can handle the extra weight (mine is 16 kg :O). At the same time you get tones of traction, a huge amount of support when riding over big rocks etc. and no bottom out issues. Been riding very rough terrain and the rear just feels like one of a big bike. So, if you have the chance, get yourself two springs and test it but make sure your front is not too low/plush so the geometry is not ruined. Riding the 36 with 15 % sag and this combo is an absolute beast.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 6:47 Quote
TyMak wrote:
Habaden wrote:

Wanted to share my experience of switching from the DPX to coil. I had the bad luck of getting an older degressive Tune in my brand new 2019 Patrol, so it wasn’t ridable at all, no matter what spacer installed or what settings used. Hence I cannot speak of other 19’ DPX with the newer tune.

Unfortunately, there is no way to find out if you get the degressive Tune as the tune ID seems to show you the newer one although the shock is clearly degressive. I wrote TR about that and Lars confirmed that I must have got the wrong shock with a right code ... nevermind.

So, if going for DPX, make sure you get the latest tune.

I didn’t really get proper info on how coil shocks work with Patrol but decided to give a shot and didn’t regret. Like yourself, I was also afraid of losing pop and the lively feel, so I got myself a slightly harder spring for my TTX than needed leading to just 20 mm of sag. I can definitely confirm that the bike remains really playful if you can handle the extra weight (mine is 16 kg :O). At the same time you get tones of traction, a huge amount of support when riding over big rocks etc. and no bottom out issues. Been riding very rough terrain and the rear just feels like one of a big bike. So, if you have the chance, get yourself two springs and test it but make sure your front is not too low/plush so the geometry is not ruined. Riding the 36 with 15 % sag and this combo is an absolute beast.

Awesome, thanks for the write up. Do you know how to tell if you get the newer tune DPX2?

Active Forum Threads
1 mins ago - Potchefstroom 0739143863 mens clinic//Penis enlargement cream pills in rustenburg/mafikeng
2 mins ago - Polokwane 0739143863 penis enlargement cream and pills in potchefstroom/klerksdorp/lichenburg/mafikeng/queenstown
3 mins ago - Piet retief 0739143863 penis enlargement cream in ermelo/delmas/nelspruit/vaal/durban/capetown/
4 mins ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
5 mins ago - Pietermariztburg mens clinic 0739143863 DR EVE PENIS ENLARGEMENT CREAM AND PILLS IN VANDERBIJLPARK/KLERKSDORP
6 mins ago - Paarl 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in cape town,wynberg,bellville/bloemfontein/
7 mins ago - PORT ELIZABETH 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pil IN DURBAN/CAPETOWN/BLOEMFONTEIN/witbank
8 mins ago - Ogies 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in witbank/secunda/standerton/kimberley
9 mins ago - Nigel ==mens clinic 0739143863 penis enlargement cream and pills in Alberton Germiston Benoni Boksburg Brakpan
10 mins ago - Nelspruit 0739143863 penis enlargement cream and pills in witbank/middleburg/pietretief/bushbuckridge/hazyview/
11 mins ago - Mthatha 0823944506 mens clinic//Penis enlargement cream pills in ermelo/delmas
12 mins ago - Namibia +27739143863 mens clinic/penis enlargement cream/pills in botswana/swaziland/lesotho/maseru
14 mins ago - Midrand 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills IN randburg/sandton/fourways/nigel
15 mins ago - Mafikeng 0739143863 penis enlargement cream in rustenburg/kuruman/kathu/vryheid/pinetown/brits
16 mins ago - Lydenburg 0739143863 mens clinic//Penis enlargement cream pills in messina/tzaneen
17 mins ago - Monarch+ Debonair Rc3 Need Help
18 mins ago - Ladysmith 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills IN kimberley/potchefstroom/johanesburg/
19 mins ago - Lesotho +27739143863 mens clinic/penis enlargement cream/pills in botswana/swaziland/lesotho/maseru
20 mins ago - Lephalale 0739143863 penis enlargement cream in messina/tzaneen/phalaborwa/rustenburg/lydenburg
21 mins ago - Lenasia 0739143863 penis Enlargement cream and pills in Johannesburg,Durban,Pietermaritzburg,Pinetown,Lenasia
23 mins ago - Giant Trance 27.5
24 mins ago - Klerksdorp 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in potchefstroom/krugersdorp/randfontein/rustenburg
29 mins ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
32 mins ago - Kimberley 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills stanger/richards bay in vryheid
33 mins ago - Kuruman 0739143863 klerksdorp penis enlargement cream/pil IN polokwane/makopane/tzaneen/messina

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011119
Mobile Version of Website