Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Nov 2, 2019 at 17:36 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
BrennanHuff wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:

False. They had the shocks custom tuned to deal with the linear linkage. Also, don't try to use a bomber cr on a carbon frame. You'll lose paint and potentially jack up your frame. I had 4 mm of clearance from piggy to bottom tube on my dhx2.. doesn't leave much factor of safety for frame flex on harsh bottom out.
Not true for every carbon patrol... its just the 19/20 SBG Carbons.

You are correct! I should have specified!

All good buddy! Just wanted to clarify in case someone searched in the future and found this thread!

Posted: Nov 4, 2019 at 1:28 Quote
Did anyone install FOX's bearing bushings instead of the 5-piece polimer ones ?

Are they even available in 25x8 ? I can only find the 30x8 mm

Talking about this https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/img/help/page251-lSANk8/IMG_3088-m.jpg

O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2019 at 13:46 Quote
steviejks wrote:
Did anyone install FOX's bearing bushings instead of the 5-piece polimer ones ?

Are they even available in 25x8 ? I can only find the 30x8 mm

Talking about this https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/img/help/page251-lSANk8/IMG_3088-m.jpg

I've installed on in the top eyelet of my SBG smuggler (30x8mm). I rate it - good reduction in breakaway friction.

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 11:21 Quote
Hey guys.
Is the 2020 patrol any different to the 2019? Or does it just come with a coil shock? and if it’s worthwhile spending the extra to get the 2020?
Cheers

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 11:30 Quote
No different apart from coil.

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 20:01 Quote
Cheers for that, is it that much better with the coil?

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 20:02 Quote
Anyone running 165s on their Patrol? I've always ran 170s but the added clearance is appealing.

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2019 at 13:01 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
Anyone running 165s on their Patrol? I've always ran 170s but the added clearance is appealing.

Aye, I swapped the standard cranks for some SixC 165mm cranks. I smash my pedals a whole lot less than I used to and I can't say I've noticed any downsides other than tweaking my saddle height slightly after the initial swap.

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2019 at 13:52 Quote
kingtut87 wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:

Aye, I swapped the standard cranks for some SixC 165mm cranks. I smash my pedals a whole lot less than I used to and I can't say I've noticed any downsides other than tweaking my saddle height slightly after the initial swap.

Schweet. I think I'll start keeping my eyes out for a pair.

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 at 14:21 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
kingtut87 wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:

I'd been pondering whether to bother myself.
My Patrol is the first bike I've owned that isn't a 26" and I think I've had more pedal strikes in the last 4 months than I have in my entire 13 or so years of riding bikes.

I just can't imagine 5mm making enough of a difference to warrant changing.

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2019 at 14:51 Quote
I can tell you 175 to 170 made a huge difference. I'm optimistic for more!

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2019 at 16:54 Quote
haroman666 wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:
kingtut87 wrote:

I'd been pondering whether to bother myself.
My Patrol is the first bike I've owned that isn't a 26" and I think I've had more pedal strikes in the last 4 months than I have in my entire 13 or so years of riding bikes.

I just can't imagine 5mm making enough of a difference to warrant changing.

You'd be surprised. Most pedal strikes I've gotten aren't full on pedal smashes, rather catching the edges or the pins on the bottom of the pedal. The 5mm has probably stopped 90% of my pedal/rock moments.

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 at 18:15 Quote
Dhkook wrote:

Depends what you’re doing. I had some issues with bottom out and getting the bike to jump well, which were alleviated when I put an x2 stuffed with volume spacers on it. Night and day difference. That being said, I’m still trying to find a coil that works for me because the traction is unbelievable.

I haven’t ridden the dhx2 with the patrol specific tune, push 11-6, or the ext storia, but apparently the ext storia is the best option for this frame If you’ve got $900+

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2019 at 21:16 Quote
Dhkook wrote:

Like muchogusto said, it depends what you're doing, how you ride, how you want the bike to feel, etc.

I swapped the DPX2 for a MRP Hazzard on my 2019 Patrol. The coil has massively more traction and massively better small bump compliance. The air shock was more poppy and playful and had better bottom out resistance. The bottom out resistance hasn't mattered to me because I'm pretty light/not hucking bigly and don't tend to bottom out that often anyway. I do miss the poppy playfulness of the air shock but given that I gravitate towards rockier, more chundery trails the tradeoff is worthwhile for me.

The air shock is also, obviously, substantially lighter.

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 at 21:23 Quote
Cheers for the info guys. There were no 2019’s left so I have ordered a 2020. Now I just have to see if a normal offset fork will really matter. It seems a few guys are running it, so I’m interested to find out.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.044935
Mobile Version of Website