Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Nov 10, 2019 at 22:44 Quote
Ran the Patrol with a shorter 57.5 stroke shock and 150 fork. Pleasantly surprised. I did actual measurements before swapping out. Stock bb 335mm, wb 1240mm, ha 64. Bb dropped 10mm, as did the wb and ha at 65.
Bike seemed to climb better, but not a huge diff, didnt need trail or middle mode on the dpx2. I ran it at around 23,24% sag. Was running about 27,28% with stock shock. Bike defo felt more agile and actually felt as easy or easier on steep, chunky stuff.
I did this because I just felt bike stock was too much for 90% of what I ride. Now I just have more fun with shorter travel rigs with 'almost' dh geometry.

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 at 23:12 Quote
boylagz wrote:
Ran the Patrol with a shorter 57.5 stroke shock and 150 fork. Pleasantly surprised. I did actual measurements before swapping out. Stock bb 335mm, wb 1240mm, ha 64. Bb dropped 10mm, as did the wb and ha at 65.
Bike seemed to climb better, but not a huge diff, didnt need trail or middle mode on the dpx2. I ran it at around 23,24% sag. Was running about 27,28% with stock shock. Bike defo felt more agile and actually felt as easy or easier on steep, chunky stuff.
I did this because I just felt bike stock was too much for 90% of what I ride. Now I just have more fun with shorter travel rigs with 'almost' dh geometry.

Seems like a fun ride!

Transition had an Instagram post featuring a similar setup awhile back: https://www.instagram.com/p/BxNYD3ZjFE8/?igshid=1xhb2tskq21jb

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 0:04 Quote
Yep lars had his around 147/150mm and on coil, 160 fork. And with past posts, lowkey wanting a carbon Scout. Lols.

And if anyone asks bout pedal strikes with 140mm in the back, same amount as with 160mm; bike doesnt go lower past 57.5 stroke and lesser sag, bike stays higher.

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 10:43 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
boylagz wrote:

Seems like a fun ride!

Transition had an Instagram post featuring a similar setup awhile back: https://www.instagram.com/p/BxNYD3ZjFE8/?igshid=1xhb2tskq21jb

That's pretty damn cool, haha.

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 15:30 Quote
Dhkook wrote:
Cheers for the info guys. There were no 2019’s left so I have ordered a 2020. Now I just have to see if a normal offset fork will really matter. It seems a few guys are running it, so I’m interested to find out.

I just went to short offset and the handling is nice but makes the bike feel very small. Not sure I'll keep it that way now or not. Will take a few more rides to decide.

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 18:10 Quote
Dhkook wrote:
Cheers for the info guys. There were no 2019’s left so I have ordered a 2020. Now I just have to see if a normal offset fork will really matter. It seems a few guys are running it, so I’m interested to find out.
I ran a regular offset fork on my 2018 scout for a couple months, and there wasn't a huge difference. It just seems to corner a little better now.

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 21:30 Quote
Cheers guys. I will post a pic when it’s all built up

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 13:11 Quote
NBD- replaced the patrol with a sentinel

Sentinel is so much better for my riding style- Smash and Plow

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 14:54 Quote
ehfour wrote:

What are your initial impressions of the Hunt wheels?

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 18:00 Quote
ehfour wrote:

What makes the sentinel feel better on the descents? I’m in between a sentinel and a patrol for a one bike quiver but can’t decide.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 18:05 Quote
I’m guessing big wheels for smash and plow style

Posted: Nov 15, 2019 at 2:45 Quote
Habaden wrote:
ehfour wrote:

What makes the sentinel feel better on the descents? I’m in between a sentinel and a patrol for a one bike quiver but can’t decide.

I'm also considering to go for one of them but I cannot decide.
My target for next year will be to drastically improve in jumping at the bike parks. But I would also like to go for enduro rides on the alps with my friends.
I lean towards the Patrol but not with a real motivation.

Posted: Nov 15, 2019 at 4:21 Quote
marcomac wrote:
Habaden wrote:
ehfour wrote:

I'm also considering to go for one of them but I cannot decide.
My target for next year will be to drastically improve in jumping at the bike parks. But I would also like to go for enduro rides on the alps with my friends.
I lean towards the Patrol but not with a real motivation.

I'm of the same mindset of you, I want something plush enough to plow enduro trails but also be able to take it to the bike park.

Posted: Nov 15, 2019 at 6:54 Quote
i ride a 2018 SBG Transition Patro NX and my Deluxe blew out. I emailed Transition and they seem to be ignoring me. Has anyone else had experience with the the Deluxe that comes on the NX versions?

Posted: Nov 15, 2019 at 7:37 Quote
The whole company is away riding for a couple of days. so you should hear back pretty soon.

ZoneCheck wrote:
i ride a 2018 SBG Transition Patro NX and my Deluxe blew out. I emailed Transition and they seem to be ignoring me. Has anyone else had experience with the the Deluxe that comes on the NX versions?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015390
Mobile Version of Website