Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Author Message
Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 13:52 Quote
mrtoodles wrote:
jddeerman wrote:
Anybody with a Smuggler installed the new Fox roller bearing kit? If so, any noticeable ride improvement?

https://bikerumor.com/2019/08/14/fox-smooths-rear-shock-motion-w-roller-bearing-mounts-fit4-damper-updated-everywhere/

Yeah I chucked one in the top (high rotation) eyelet. Definitely reduces breakaway forces and gives a more supple feel and better traction. The DPS is still a pretty rubbish shock though.

Nice, I just didn't want to spend $100 on the tool to take it off if it's not worth it.
What shock are you running? I messed with a topaz for a bit but always bottoms even with volume bands and max bladder pressure.

Posted: Nov 18, 2019 at 14:15 Quote
jddeerman wrote:
mrtoodles wrote:

Yeah I chucked one in the top (high rotation) eyelet. Definitely reduces breakaway forces and gives a more supple feel and better traction. The DPS is still a pretty rubbish shock though.

Nice, I just didn't want to spend $100 on the tool to take it off if it's not worth it.
What shock are you running? I messed with a topaz for a bit but always bottoms even with volume bands and max bladder pressure.

I didn't bother buying the removal tool. Just got the bearing mount and chucked it in. I've got the DPS for now, although I'd like to try either a DPX2 when money permits.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 8:33 Quote
So I have been hearing from guys who ride Santa Cruz bikes about Cascade Components' LT progressive links for the newer SC bikes. They basically make custom links that increase travel and progressivity while maintaining frame geometry. It sounded like exactly what I want for my Sentinel, so I emailed them begging for a Sentinel link.

They told me, "Down the line we do intend to branch out from Santa Cruz a little. We’ve got a couple of projects scheduled right now, but after that we are considering a few options of which Transition is one. I can’t give any guarantees because nothing is set in stone then, but we are certainly considering it."

So if this sounds like something you'd like, email Cascade Components (info@cascadecomponents.bike) and let them know. Hopefully if they get enough interest, they'll put us ahead of other options.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 12:00 Quote
andeh23 wrote:
So I have been hearing from guys who ride Santa Cruz bikes about Cascade Components' LT progressive links for the newer SC bikes. They basically make custom links that increase travel and progressivity while maintaining frame geometry. It sounded like exactly what I want for my Sentinel, so I emailed them begging for a Sentinel link.

They told me, "Down the line we do intend to branch out from Santa Cruz a little. We’ve got a couple of projects scheduled right now, but after that we are considering a few options of which Transition is one. I can’t give any guarantees because nothing is set in stone then, but we are certainly considering it."

So if this sounds like something you'd like, email Cascade Components (info@cascadecomponents.bike) and let them know. Hopefully if they get enough interest, they'll put us ahead of other options.

Already have! My buddy is going to go with the nomad LT setup at 190 rear travel and 200 up front. I’m a bit jealous that you can have 2 shocks and 2 forks with that link which essentially gives you a bike with two different attitudes. I may go the nomad route if the ext storia isn’t amazing.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 12:10 Quote
Has anyone had experience on both a Patrol and a Process 153? Which did you like better?

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 14:21 Quote
Habaden wrote:
Has anyone had experience on both a Patrol and a Process 153? Which did you like better?

Yeah I had the Kona CR 153 medium. Ended up long shocking a DPX2 into the Kona to 160mm rear, running the fork at 170 with an angleset for burly stuff, dropping it back to 160 for regular trails. Sold it and bought a Patrol carbon SBG early this year.

Overall I like the Patrol a bit better I can corner on it easier and the steeper SA feels better climbing. The Kona had shorter chainstays and I always found it pretty hard to weigh the front with the changes I made to it, plus the seat angle was actually quite slack when you put the seat up for climbing.

The Kona had some really cool features I liked though - super solid frame and really stiff, ambidextrous cable routing etc.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 16:22 Quote
mrtoodles wrote:
Habaden wrote:
Has anyone had experience on both a Patrol and a Process 153? Which did you like better?

Yeah I had the Kona CR 153 medium. Ended up long shocking a DPX2 into the Kona to 160mm rear, running the fork at 170 with an angleset for burly stuff, dropping it back to 160 for regular trails. Sold it and bought a Patrol carbon SBG early this year.

Overall I like the Patrol a bit better I can corner on it easier and the steeper SA feels better climbing. The Kona had shorter chainstays and I always found it pretty hard to weigh the front with the changes I made to it, plus the seat angle was actually quite slack when you put the seat up for climbing.

The Kona had some really cool features I liked though - super solid frame and really stiff, ambidextrous cable routing etc.

Yeah the outdated geo is making me lean towards the patrol more. Hopefully after I demo both I can make a decision

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 8:27 Quote
People with a Push 11-6 on their Sentinel, is it worth the money? What's the sentinel like with an 11-6 compared to the stock shock?

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 11:03 Quote
Push is on sale for $780 currently:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5J_A5DlRXc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I personally just picked up an ext storia and am excited for my first ride!

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
Young0jefe0 wrote:
People with a Push 11-6 on their Sentinel, is it worth the money? What's the sentinel like with an 11-6 compared to the stock shock?

It feels great, although noticeably heavier. Bottom outs feel less harsh, since it's got a foam bumper (DPX2 doesn't). Traction is incredible of course. Other than that, it's the same air vs. coil trade-off: giving up a bit of poppiness for supportive and planted feeling. Push's recommended settings feel spot-on for me.

Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 20:54 Quote
Does anybody have any tips on fitting a chain guide? When I fit mine it gets to close to the swing arm when I get it centred over the chainring

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 8:18 Quote
Dhkook wrote:
Does anybody have any tips on fitting a chain guide? When I fit mine it gets to close to the swing arm when I get it centred over the chainring

Hacksaw, grinder wheel.
Worked for me lol

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 3:26 Quote
Ive moved on from my patrol, only so many back ends can break before i give up. Front triangle and shock are up for grabs.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 9:11 Quote
Hi,

Anyone can tell me the full length or overall length from the rear axle on the Trans AM 29er? I bought this frame but not come with rear axle.

Is the same axle for Smuggler, Scout, Patrol, Carbon Patrol and Suppressor.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 10:30 Quote
Dhkook wrote:
Does anybody have any tips on fitting a chain guide? When I fit mine it gets to close to the swing arm when I get it centred over the chainring

My one up full guide worked fine on my 2019 Patrol Alloy Large


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011336
Mobile Version of Website