Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 12:22 Quote
Pretty sure they all used the Syntace X12 12mm x 142mm

It is all on the Transition site on the support tab.

luisferreira wrote:
Hi,

Anyone can tell me the full length or overall length from the rear axle on the Trans AM 29er? I bought this frame but not come with rear axle.

Is the same axle for Smuggler, Scout, Patrol, Carbon Patrol and Suppressor.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 12:34 Quote
luisferreira wrote:
Hi,

Anyone can tell me the full length or overall length from the rear axle on the Trans AM 29er? I bought this frame but not come with rear axle.

My Trans Am is non boost (142mm), and I think all of them were the same.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 13:31 Quote
JonRides wrote:
Pretty sure they all used the Syntace X12 12mm x 142mm

It is all on the Transition site on the support tab.

luisferreira wrote:
Hi,

chazmann wrote:
luisferreira wrote:
Hi,

My Trans Am is non boost (142mm), and I think all of them were the same.

Thanks Guys! Yes i know that 142x12, but what is the real length? for example i found a axle with 177mm overall length, is that size i need?

photo

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 3:43 Quote
So what are people getting out of their frame bearings these days?
I found some pages of the thread from back in 2016 talking about only getting 4 - 12 months out of a set.
Now that there's a bit more time and mileage on the latest range I wondered if this was still the case.

Reason I ask is I was investigating a little bit of freeplay in the main pivot and ended up having the entire back end apart to find out that at least half of the bearings were all shagged. They're the factory fitted ones and the bike was built in October 2018. By the looks of some of them, they were seized solid months ago.

Bearing tool and full set of bearings en route, right before christmas! Eek Really Mad Facepalm

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 4:43 Quote
My 2018 Patrol is still on its factory set of bearings, I stripped the back end when it was new. Filled the bearings with waterproof grease, locktited the pivot bolts and its been good.

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 6:40 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:
My 2018 Patrol is still on its factory set of bearings, I stripped the back end when it was new. Filled the bearings with waterproof grease, locktited the pivot bolts and its been good.

I've been doing the same thing for about 6 months now, and I haven't had a bearing problem since. I haven't checked on them since, but I think the extra grease helps if you ride in the mud constantly.

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 9:01 Quote
Packed mine with new grease from new as well, done 2 seasons of riding, 5/6 per week through the summer. Probably about 3000km. Will be replacing them this off season. That's mostly riding in dry conditions not the slop that kills everything that moves that you can get in certain parts of the UK!

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 10:53 Quote
Hey, I'm trying to sell a DVO Jade from my sentinel but haven't had hardly any interest so I'm willing to sell it for cheap. Take a look at my profile to see the full ad. I can go lower than the asking price.
Let me know if you interested
Thanks

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
I have a Marzocchi Bomber CR in 205 x 65 trunnion (fits SBG patrol) that is new and am selling for $225. I've dropped the price after dealing with flaky people. I was going to send this into avalanche but ended up finding a screaming deal on a ext storia. If anyone is interested let me know!

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 14:07 Quote
bike2850 wrote:
Hey, I'm trying to sell a DVO Jade from my sentinel but haven't had hardly any interest so I'm willing to sell it for cheap. Take a look at my profile to see the full ad. I can go lower than the asking price.
Let me know if you interested
Thanks

Good deal!

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 14:08 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
I have a Marzocchi Bomber CR in 205 x 65 trunnion (fits SBG patrol) that is new and am selling for $225. I've dropped the price after dealing with flaky people. I was going to send this into avalanche but ended up finding a screaming deal on a ext storia. If anyone is interested let me know!

Share the link to the screaming deal on the EXT?

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 16:20 Quote
ehfour wrote:
Muchogusto wrote:

Share the link to the screaming deal on the EXT?

It was a newly serviced, used, shock. No more deals.

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 23:39 Quote
Looking at getting a OneUp V2 dropper for my Large '16 Patrol - has anyone got one of the 210s on the '16 (I think 15s are the same, possibly 17s as well?) and how far into the frame can you get it with the 2.1 actuator?
Would love to get a 210 if I can, but I'm about 180cm, rails to collar is about 240mm on my setup.
Cheers

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2019 at 6:55 Quote
Max insertion on most Transitions is pretty dismal. On my '17 patrol, medium, there's about an inch and a half exposed using a 150 one up v2.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014861
Mobile Version of Website