Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 5:19 Quote
Does anyone have experience with the Rockshox Deluxe RT on the NX line of Transition Bikes, specifically on the Patrol. I have had a lot of dfficulties setting it up. At 30% sag, I find the shock to feel great on rocky terrain, but with a lack of pop and support. It also would blow thru the travel on a compression or drop which would result in a harsh bottom out. However at 25% sag, the bottom out problems are addressed, but I lose a lot of traction and don't use a lot of the travel thru rocky and technical parts of the trail. I was thinking about purchasing a Meg Neg but I would like to hear some knowledge before hand

Note: I am 135 lbs (61 kg), I have a 2018 Patrol NX (Large), shock settings: 30% - 108 PSI, 3 Volume Spacers (MAX), 2-3 clicks of rebound from fully open depending on the trail.

I also would consider myself to be a very aggressive rider.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 8:58 Quote
Gruta wrote:
My Patrol got Bike of the Day on Vital !!!!! Stoked !!!

Is it really 36lbs?

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 9:27 Quote
Gruta wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
Gruta wrote:

Yes, I did see it yesterday, I do really like what you have done to it. tup

Thanks man ! Beer

She’s a beaut!

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 12:16 Quote
TuckerBikes wrote:
Gruta wrote:

Is it really 36lbs?

Jeez my full coil alloy patrol with tire inserts weighs only a little more. Must be a mistake?

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 15:26 Quote
ZoneCheck wrote:
Does anyone have experience with the Rockshox Deluxe RT on the NX line of Transition Bikes, specifically on the Patrol. I have had a lot of dfficulties setting it up. At 30% sag, I find the shock to feel great on rocky terrain, but with a lack of pop and support. It also would blow thru the travel on a compression or drop which would result in a harsh bottom out. However at 25% sag, the bottom out problems are addressed, but I lose a lot of traction and don't use a lot of the travel thru rocky and technical parts of the trail. I was thinking about purchasing a Meg Neg but I would like to hear some knowledge before hand

Note: I am 135 lbs (61 kg), I have a 2018 Patrol NX (Large), shock settings: 30% - 108 PSI, 3 Volume Spacers (MAX), 2-3 clicks of rebound from fully open depending on the trail.

I have a 2018 alloy Smuggler large NX build (bought start of 2019), I found very similar issues to you although I am more like 108kg. What made it feel much better was buying a Gnardog token (equivalent of 2.5 normal tokens). Below was my setup in July.

1 Gnardog and 2 normal tokens, 220psi, R7 29/7/19

Although since then I have purchased a TriAir and never been happier.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 21:17 Quote
ZoneCheck wrote:

I had similar problems setting up. Filled it up with volume reducing tokens and now run it at 35 percent sag and it feels great. Never bottoms out, even on 6 foot flat drops.

Isn't 3.5 the Max tokens?

Remember it comes alive at 35!

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 22:40 Quote
notphaedrus wrote:

Unfortunately for most of us on Alu Sentinels that's 35 pounds... Heavy AF! Smile

Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 4:48 Quote
notphaedrus wrote:
ZoneCheck wrote:

I had similar problems setting up. Filled it up with volume reducing tokens and now run it at 35 percent sag and it feels great. Never bottoms out, even on 6 foot flat drops.

Isn't 3.5 the Max tokens?

Wouldn't 35% sag make it easier to bottom out

Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 16:43 Quote
TuckerBikes wrote:
Gruta wrote:

Is it really 36lbs?

It depends on which wheelset I have on, and what tires. DH casings are my preference. I will do a comparison and get back to you.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 0:03 Quote
Gruta wrote:
TuckerBikes wrote:
Gruta wrote:

Is it really 36lbs?

It depends on which wheelset I have on, and what tires. DH casings are my preference. I will do a comparison and get back to you.

Thanks!

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 21:46 Quote
Decided to post this here if you're doing a lower leg service. Do not compress the grip2 damper rod when the lower legs are removed. I did this when the uppers were upside down and spilled oil over the floor and air got sucked into my damper(there is a hole in the upper part of the damper). Now i need to do a damper bleed and remove all the air. Hope this helps.

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 12:20 Quote
I have an 18 alloy Smuggler with X01 11spd and I9 Enduro 305's with DD casing front year. I weighed the bike at 34 lbs, which normally wouldn't concern me, but I have a lot of distance races this summer, one of them being BC Bike Race. I'm considering going to a carbon Smug frame with some carbon hoops, but first I want to see who is running that combo, and what your weight is. Thanks in advance!

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 18:35 Quote
Selling a 2019 XL sagebrush grey carbon patrol - new front triangle (warranty replacement), invisframed rear triangle with 400 miles for $2000 obo without rear shock. I also have an EXT Storia available to fit the patrol for an additional $750 firm.

Posted: Jan 31, 2020 at 6:58 Quote
Anyone have any issues with the Bikeyoke dropper on the carbon Patrol frames? It seems the actuator is catching on something and jamming the cable (I have to run it pretty much slammed) but I can’t for the life of me figure out what it’s catching on down there...!

Posted: Jan 31, 2020 at 7:53 Quote
I'm running a 185mm Bikeyoke bottemed out in a large alloy frame, no issues.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007594
Mobile Version of Website