Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 5:19 Quote
Does anyone have experience with the Rockshox Deluxe RT on the NX line of Transition Bikes, specifically on the Patrol. I have had a lot of dfficulties setting it up. At 30% sag, I find the shock to feel great on rocky terrain, but with a lack of pop and support. It also would blow thru the travel on a compression or drop which would result in a harsh bottom out. However at 25% sag, the bottom out problems are addressed, but I lose a lot of traction and don't use a lot of the travel thru rocky and technical parts of the trail. I was thinking about purchasing a Meg Neg but I would like to hear some knowledge before hand

Note: I am 135 lbs (61 kg), I have a 2018 Patrol NX (Large), shock settings: 30% - 108 PSI, 3 Volume Spacers (MAX), 2-3 clicks of rebound from fully open depending on the trail.

I also would consider myself to be a very aggressive rider.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 8:58 Quote
Gruta wrote:
My Patrol got Bike of the Day on Vital !!!!! Stoked !!!

Is it really 36lbs?

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 9:27 Quote
Gruta wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
Gruta wrote:

Yes, I did see it yesterday, I do really like what you have done to it. tup

Thanks man ! Beer

She’s a beaut!

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 12:16 Quote
TuckerBikes wrote:
Gruta wrote:

Is it really 36lbs?

Jeez my full coil alloy patrol with tire inserts weighs only a little more. Must be a mistake?

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 15:26 Quote
ZoneCheck wrote:
Does anyone have experience with the Rockshox Deluxe RT on the NX line of Transition Bikes, specifically on the Patrol. I have had a lot of dfficulties setting it up. At 30% sag, I find the shock to feel great on rocky terrain, but with a lack of pop and support. It also would blow thru the travel on a compression or drop which would result in a harsh bottom out. However at 25% sag, the bottom out problems are addressed, but I lose a lot of traction and don't use a lot of the travel thru rocky and technical parts of the trail. I was thinking about purchasing a Meg Neg but I would like to hear some knowledge before hand

Note: I am 135 lbs (61 kg), I have a 2018 Patrol NX (Large), shock settings: 30% - 108 PSI, 3 Volume Spacers (MAX), 2-3 clicks of rebound from fully open depending on the trail.

I have a 2018 alloy Smuggler large NX build (bought start of 2019), I found very similar issues to you although I am more like 108kg. What made it feel much better was buying a Gnardog token (equivalent of 2.5 normal tokens). Below was my setup in July.

1 Gnardog and 2 normal tokens, 220psi, R7 29/7/19

Although since then I have purchased a TriAir and never been happier.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 21:17 Quote
ZoneCheck wrote:

I had similar problems setting up. Filled it up with volume reducing tokens and now run it at 35 percent sag and it feels great. Never bottoms out, even on 6 foot flat drops.

Isn't 3.5 the Max tokens?

Remember it comes alive at 35!

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 22:40 Quote
notphaedrus wrote:

Unfortunately for most of us on Alu Sentinels that's 35 pounds... Heavy AF! Smile

Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 4:48 Quote
notphaedrus wrote:
ZoneCheck wrote:

I had similar problems setting up. Filled it up with volume reducing tokens and now run it at 35 percent sag and it feels great. Never bottoms out, even on 6 foot flat drops.

Isn't 3.5 the Max tokens?

Wouldn't 35% sag make it easier to bottom out

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
TuckerBikes wrote:
Gruta wrote:

Is it really 36lbs?

It depends on which wheelset I have on, and what tires. DH casings are my preference. I will do a comparison and get back to you.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006682
Mobile Version of Website