Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Jan 31, 2020 at 12:21 Quote
chazmann wrote:
Anyone have any issues with the Bikeyoke dropper on the carbon Patrol frames? It seems the actuator is catching on something and jamming the cable (I have to run it pretty much slammed) but I can’t for the life of me figure out what it’s catching on down there...!

I had some problems with a 185 fully bottomed out. It needed to be raised about an inch for flawless operation.

Posted: Feb 2, 2020 at 12:24 Quote
Just rebuilt this bad boy after a fresh polish

Posted: Feb 2, 2020 at 14:42 Quote
chunter wrote:
Just rebuilt this bad boy after a fresh polish

That is looking great dude! tup

Posted: Feb 4, 2020 at 4:00 Quote
ZSW wrote:
Here’s some updated sentinel pics. I swapped over to a 170mm Marzocchi z1 up front and a Bomber coil on the rear. So far it feels quite a bit better than the RS stuff did.
How did you get the shock to fit?

Posted: Feb 4, 2020 at 9:49 Quote
Ryanvero wrote:
ZSW wrote:
Here’s some updated sentinel pics. I swapped over to a 170mm Marzocchi z1 up front and a Bomber coil on the rear. So far it feels quite a bit better than the RS stuff did.

There’s a company that makes custom sizes to fit a specific frame including the sentinel:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7lwHNMlDcJ/?igshid=16ufhjwbo8zgn

Posted: Feb 4, 2020 at 21:31 Quote
Ryanvero wrote:
ZSW wrote:

I bought a 205x65 shock and disassembled it and added 7.5mm spacer to the damper shaft to limit the travel. This is the same way that fox and RockShox make their 57.5mm stroke shocks

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 5:47 Quote
205 x 60 is also extremely common and the 2.5mm of extra stroke won’t compromise anything

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 6:19 Quote
chunter wrote:
205 x 60 is also extremely common and the 2.5mm of extra stroke won’t compromise anything

wont compromise anything other than your warranty
"*Any damage caused by the use of a different rear shock model or size outside of what Transition supplies with a frameset or complete bike will not be covered under warranty. Please check clearance very carefully before riding any other model of rear shock and feel free to contact Transition with any shock fitment questions or concerns."

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 7:19 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
chunter wrote:

"*Any damage caused by the use of a different rear shock model or size outside of what Transition supplies with a frameset or complete bike will not be covered under warranty. Please check clearance very carefully before riding any other model of rear shock and feel free to contact Transition with any shock fitment questions or concerns."

Valid! there’s no clearance or fitment issues. Eye to eye is the same and the smidge of extra stroke just gives you a little more travel

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 7:40 Quote
chunter wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
chunter wrote:

Valid! there’s no clearance or fitment issues. Eye to eye is the same and the smidge of extra stroke just gives you a little more travel

This is not true on all frames. There may be some that have the seat tube clearance but mine definitely did not

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 8:09 Quote
ZSW wrote:
chunter wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:

This is not true on all frames. There may be some that have the seat tube clearance but mine definitely did not

Oh shit, I’ll shut up then. I apologize for the bad advice! I didn’t have any issues

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 21:00 Quote
chunter wrote:
ZSW wrote:
chunter wrote:

Oh shit, I’ll shut up then. I apologize for the bad advice! I didn’t have any issues

What frame model do you have?

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 0:21 Quote
ZSW wrote:
chunter wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:

Ditto for me on my alloy smuggler in regards to a 55mm stroke with one offset bushing instead of the standard 50mm. My rocker totally contacts the seat tube before full travel.

Posted: Feb 9, 2020 at 8:11 Quote

Are these cracks on my lower shock mounts? Seems like a weird place to crack, are there any records of damanged shock mounts on transitions?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012172
Mobile Version of Website